Thoughts On Volley Removal - Survey

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.

-- --

The loss of hunters having a true "AOE" damaging ability
20%
The loss of utility that the current volley offers - pvp/los/etc.
12%
The fear of not being able to "AOE" effectively - grinding/pet lvling/old content
20%
The fear of not knowing what aoe abilities we will end up having
9%
The issue of the way it's removal was handled
17%
The issue does not really bother me.
18%
Other
4%

Total votes: 135

Ixnay

Re: Thoughts On Volley Removal - Survey

Unread post by Ixnay »

I'm taking the "wait and see" approach, so I picked Other. I don't know how it will affect me personally until it's done and I can try it out for myself. I think there's a lot of FUD right now, but we don't have the whole picture.
Itznik-Goblin Hunter
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I'm not overly upset about losing volley, though it does have some utility. Personally, I'll miss the misdirect+volley pulls we use when clearing trash in raids. I'll also miss being able to use it in PvP when trying to flush out a rogue or druid and a flare can't cover the whole area in question.
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

If I had to say one reason why I would miss Volley, it would really be that it was the most "starfall" type spell prior to starfall (balance druid). When I played WC3, the Priestess of the moon hero was among my favorite with her ability to call down stars to smite a whole screen of enemies. It was probably something they wanted to do because of that hero class being a huntress (woman riding a cat that fires a bow). How it finally ended up being given to some rooster/hamster/yeti hybrid poser (balance druid), I have no idea.

and then, why couldn't they nix the balance druid's shapeshift form instead of tree. Tree was fine!!!! Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannt!!!!!!

As you can see, Volley takes a side seat to other, greater injustices in my mind :D
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Epicfail wrote:and then, why couldn't they nix the balance druid's shapeshift form instead of tree. Tree was fine!!!! Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannt!!!!!!
I hate tree. xD

Both trees and boomkin required overhauls. Personally, I'd prefer if feral were the only ones who had to be shapeshifted all the time. FOr them, it makes sense. It sort of does for Resto and Balance too, but damn, I want to SEE my character while I'm playing! xD

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Epicfail wrote:and then, why couldn't they nix the balance druid's shapeshift form instead of tree. Tree was fine!!!! Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannt!!!!!!
Ugh, my poor boyfriend is just so upset over that. His main is a resto Druid, and the whole reason he rolled that character was to be a tree. He adores his tree form, and he's so upset over its loss that he'll be switching from resto to a different talent spec in Cata.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Vephriel wrote:
Ugh, my poor boyfriend is just so upset over that. His main is a resto Druid, and the whole reason he rolled that character was to be a tree. He adores his tree form, and he's so upset over its loss that he'll be switching from resto to a different talent spec in Cata.
I rolled a druid for the same reason - seeing a buddy of mine pop bird form at 68 was just amazing! I looooove turning into a tree of life to heal (though I wish the leaves weren't all brown and withered), and I'm sad it's going away. I totally understand your boyfriend's disappointment. On the other hand, I'm not going to stop healing because of it. I love druid healing because it's fun to play, not just because I get to be a tree, and it looks like the spec will be awesome in Cata! :) If it sounds like I'm ragging on your boyfriend, that's not my intention Veph. I just mean that I don't think it's a reason to stop playing the spec you like. At least not until we've tried it.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

Saturo wrote:
I hate tree. xD

Both trees and boomkin required overhauls. Personally, I'd prefer if feral were the only ones who had to be shapeshifted all the time. FOr them, it makes sense. It sort of does for Resto and Balance too, but damn, I want to SEE my character while I'm playing! xD
I think it probably wouldn't be so bad if we could choose more forms for tree/boomkin. Well, /shrug.

See, the only problem with the whole "see your character" is the fact that, as a druid, shapeshifting SHOULD be a vital part to what you do. I will conceed to the fact that everywhere else in the game, if someone wants to cast a spell (like wailing caverns), they turn back into thier "casting" regular form. It would be cool if specific forms could be reserved for only when you are casting channeled spells or only when a spell procs, kinda like deathbringer's will trinket.

Anyhow, Volley will be missed, but if you take Camo back AGAIN, I will raise a small army of ubergeeks and we will assault the outside of bliz headquarters with twinkies and jolt....
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hehe, no worries Sara. He can be very stubborn when it comes to change. He doesn't like it, and he said that it just wouldn't feel the same healing without being a tree. That's his character, that's how he's played him all these years, and he doesn't like the thought of it changing so much, even if only visually. x)
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

As I said in the other thread, if they fix multi-shot and the content isn't faceroll as they say, then I'm fine with it. But if they don't fix multi, then we will have serious problems later.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I see a lot of other classes gaining aoe which makes me worry about hunter effectiveness in that area. Shaman's get that amazing earthquake. Volley was a great aoe,but it required some kind of tank pet or actual tank. I think the loss will make gathering older things for rep and running old instances much harder. I used to get tons of rep items for scryers for alts by rounding up enemies and using volley.
Sarayana

Vephriel wrote:Hehe, no worries Sara. He can be very stubborn when it comes to change. He doesn't like it, and he said that it just wouldn't feel the same healing without being a tree. That's his character, that's how he's played him all these years, and he doesn't like the thought of it changing so much, even if only visually. x)
Oh I know, I'm also very attached to my form. It'll definitely be weird to heal on Echo without treeform. I just don't think any of the changes I've seen (and admittedly there are a TON this expac) will make me stop playing my toons or specs, you know? I'll adapt and relearn, but even if hunter aoe ends up sucking, that doesn't mean I won't play Sara and Aoani. Even if disc priests won't be the bubble priests (and I'm actually more upset about that one! - I chose disc because I love those bubbles!!! When Divine Aegis procs, I giggle, I can't help it!!) I'll still play my priest. We've had to adapt to changes before, and ultimately I find the game and gameplay is better now, so... I'm just not worried.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU

Unread post by Ungoro »

Well, i'll definately miss using /console spelleffect level [insert random number here] with this spell...Have they said if we get a new AoE though?

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

http://dragcave.net/user/Ungoro

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Disc priests will still be "the bubble priests" - you'll just have to use other abilities as well. ;) And since almost everything procs aegis, that shouldn't be a problem! :D

@Epic regarding MD/volley: we'd be losing it anyway, since MD is now only a temporary threat shift.
Ungoro wrote:Well, i'll definately miss using /console spelleffect level [insert random number here] with this spell...Have they said if we get a new AoE though?
The most we know is that multi-shot is getting "modified." Since it's not an AoE type ability currently, who knows what that actually means?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sarayana

Oh, I was under the impression that disc priests would be using bubbles as an ohshit-button in Cata. And I do use other spells, thankyouverymuch. :P Like I said above, though, I'm not too upset cause I know I'll still play my toons and just adapt, just like I have (me and what, 11 million other folks? :lol:) in the past.

Kalliope

Sarayana wrote:Oh, I was under the impression that disc priests would be using bubbles as an ohshit-button in Cata. And I do use other spells, thankyouverymuch. :P Like I said above, though, I'm not too upset cause I know I'll still play my toons and just adapt, just like I have (me and what, 11 million other folks? :lol:) in the past.
Me too! :lol: I just can't bring myself to ONLY rejuv or ONLY bubble. Bubbles are still going to be a big part of the disc priest arsenal in Cata, but we're not going to be bubbling the raid and afking in the back anymore (thankfully).

YouTube Edition

Sarayana

Kalliope wrote:
Sarayana wrote:Oh, I was under the impression that disc priests would be using bubbles as an ohshit-button in Cata. And I do use other spells, thankyouverymuch. :P Like I said above, though, I'm not too upset cause I know I'll still play my toons and just adapt, just like I have (me and what, 11 million other folks? :lol:) in the past.
Me too! :lol: I just can't bring myself to ONLY rejuv or ONLY bubble. Bubbles are still going to be a big part of the disc priest arsenal in Cata, but we're not going to be bubbling the raid and afking in the back anymore (thankfully).
I don't raid on my disc priest (in fact, she's not quite 80 yet) so I've no idea about raid healing as disc, but in 5-mans, sitting back and bubbling doesn't get you much further than the floor... ;)

Kalliope

Sarayana wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
I don't raid on my disc priest (in fact, she's not quite 80 yet) so I've no idea about raid healing as disc, but in 5-mans, sitting back and bubbling doesn't get you much further than the floor... ;)
Oh yeah, that's a raiding thing. Especially 25s. :/

YouTube Edition

Sarayana

Doesn't sound much fun... :|

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Sarayana wrote:Doesn't sound much fun... :|
Try having to farm up obscure mats for potions and such for fourty players- ON A DEADLINE!

Aah, all the pots we used back then... Resistances were useful... Hunter and pally hatred was overflowing...

Aah... Those were the days...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Wait... WHAT? Druids are losing the tree form??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Everyone calls me treeman in my guild. I like the tree form. I just wish th eleaves changed according to the season... green in summer, red orange in fall, none in winter, and buds in spring. That alone would be cool! What next? Are they getting rid of my moonkin form? I'd be pissed if I lost the Chris Farley dance!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us