Race Change/New Race for Cataclysm?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: Race Change/New Race for Cataclysm?

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm going to roll new worgen, goblin and undead hunters. I will also roll new characters like a druid, mage and warlock. All of these will be on Nesingwary.

I'm also planning a server change when I have the money for my main and alt hunters on Argent Dawn. But those two and my belf and troll toons are staying as they are.

Of course none of this may happen depending on how much time I will have to keep up with them all.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well if i did that then i'd have to change my name now wouldnt i?
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I only have alt hunters to hold sentimental pets and as memories of alt hunters that I had formerly rolled on other realms and either abandoned or deleted them. I've rolled every possible hunter race, just for the lowbie experience, so worgen/goblin will be no exception...but I doubt I'll level 'em. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Tratzul
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Duskwood {US}

Unread post by Tratzul »

I'm definitely starting from scratch, as of now, I just have Wispquill on Burning Blade (PvP).

May try a Worgen... but I may not stay, since I get bored on Alliance very fast... ^.^' But I'm not touching a Goblin... horrible looking (no offense).
Image | {Waiting for Cata}
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

This video has me even more excited for my future Goblin than I already was. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LddOtJFu ... r_embedded
Nia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sentinels - US

Unread post by Nia »

Rikaku wrote:...my NE hunter...race change her to Worgen...The downside? I'd probably lose all my argent tourney stuff....
That's pretty much all I read of this, don't be upset, I just kind of was like Meh about this topic since I'm in a bad mood but.

You don't lose what you have with the Argent Tourny when you race change. Its only Faction Change that wipes out Argent Tourny stuff. So Nelf->Worgen won't erase it. But Nelf->Goblin would.

Oceanfang
Realm: Windrunner US, Moon Guard US, Nesingwary US

Unread post by Oceanfang »

My Tauren will be a Troll when Cata hits, only because Trolls are so damn sexy. <3

Cau - Oceanfang - Jaspera - Lulakita
Thanks Saturo for the signature and Moonlost for the avatar!
Also Lulakita of the Petopians.

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Nia wrote:
Rikaku wrote:...my NE hunter...race change her to Worgen...The downside? I'd probably lose all my argent tourney stuff....
That's pretty much all I read of this, don't be upset, I just kind of was like Meh about this topic since I'm in a bad mood but.

You don't lose what you have with the Argent Tourny when you race change. Its only Faction Change that wipes out Argent Tourny stuff. So Nelf->Worgen won't erase it. But Nelf->Goblin would.
No worries =) Though I hope whatever is troubling you resolves itself soon; bad times suck!

Oh really now? I didn't know that. Hm that's nifty to know, thanks :D
My Tauren will be a Troll when Cata hits, only because Trolls are so damn sexy. <3
I've always found Trolls cool, I just have no Horde friends :cry:

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Oceanfang wrote:My Tauren will be a Troll when Cata hits, only because Trolls are so damn sexy. <3
QFT ... and mine too! I already have her name ready and waiting, ZenTabra ftw! ;)

Golly she be having da sexiest troll voice mon, she got me wid her voodoo straight away ya. :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Oceanfang wrote:My Tauren will be a Troll when Cata hits, only because Trolls are so damn sexy. <3
QFT ... and mine too! I already have her name ready and waiting, ZenTabra ftw! ;)

Golly she be having da sexiest troll voice mon, she got me wid her voodoo straight away ya. :lol:
<3 <3 <3 Zen'Tabra's voice acting. So amazing. That whole event had a great cast. ^^
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I planned a long time ago that I'd be making two worgen - Cassara the warrior and Valenzia the warlock. Cassara seems to be in the fortunate situation of having three mages to level with, so she'll probably power through the levels as prot. Valenzia wants to become Loremaster, so I think I might take my time with her and experience all the zones and quests. She'll probably outlevel half the content before moving on, but hey, it'll be fun, I'm sure. I doubt I'll use heirlooms on her though.

For goblins, I'm less certain. I'll probably make a rogue to level with the hubby's whatever-he-decides tyo make, but now I'm thinking I might make a goblin mage on Nesingwary.

Aside from that, I'm restarting Jazek, my elemental shaman on Nesingwary. Elemental is tough at low levels right now and I want to experience the starting zone. I might also make a troll druid because, well, trolls. :D

Oh, and I'm sure I'll be making a few gnomes as well, want to test out their starting area too... I haven't decided if I want to race change my dwarf priest to gnome, I love the idea of gnome priests but I allso really like Kathrynne as she is...

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Sarayana wrote: Aside from that, I'm restarting Jazek, my elemental shaman on Nesingwary. Elemental is tough at low levels right now and I want to experience the starting zone. I might also make a troll druid because, well, trolls. :D
is...
Heh I'm probably making my druid into a troll too (love the new colors) ~ he was a NE which i liked very much but the Taurens are just a bit too clumpy

I would have to disagree with you and leveling as a Elemental Shaman is difficult. Maybe because I pumped a couple hundred gold getting some good blues and got a armor kit on some lower level legs (back when you could in BC) ~ I owned pretty easily while leveling as elemental.

I hate it I have too many characters and I want a new one but ugh never know which to really play. I just got into my hunter gearing her up at 80, but then I want to play my Paladin again... but then thinking of making the Paladin a dwarf now... but I miss my Gnome DK too... he looks shiney with his T9 gear and on his Moonsaber mount...

But then theres my idle Elemental Shaman. I just dont like Draenei's anymore though. Maybe I'll make her into a dwarf...

Boo for indecision
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Sarayana

Royi wrote:I would have to disagree with you and leveling as a Elemental Shaman is difficult. Maybe because I pumped a couple hundred gold getting some good blues and got a armor kit on some lower level legs (back when you could in BC) ~ I owned pretty easily while leveling as elemental.
That would probably make a huge difference. Jazek is just around level 15 and did a couple of RFCs, and there it's clear just how much elemental needs a change... Just cause the other classes have had low level dps turned up. But yeah, I also have no gold on Nesingwary to pimp Jazek, so she's in poor man's gear. ;)
Royi wrote:I hate it I have too many characters and I want a new one but ugh never know which to really play. I just got into my hunter gearing her up at 80, but then I want to play my Paladin again... but then thinking of making the Paladin a dwarf now... but I miss my Gnome DK too... he looks shiney with his T9 gear and on his Moonsaber mount...

But then theres my idle Elemental Shaman. I just dont like Draenei's anymore though. Maybe I'll make her into a dwarf...

Boo for indecision
I know what you mean. I just hit 80 on my priest and am gearing her right now (I love that process, where ever boss kill in a heroic is exciting because you might actually be able to USE the gear. :D) and then I want to focus on Sara for a bit for Loremaster and the Diplomat titles... but I always feel torn, I want to go level Aoani (I'd love to get her up to 69 before Cata and get her a devilsaur) and then my shammy feels neglected... and don't even get me started on my resto druid! Oh lord, I am ashamed how long she's been languishing, unloved, on the character selection screen!

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Kittykat
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Kittykat »

Vephriel wrote:My Cataclysm changes are as follows:

Rolling a new Undead Hunter named Spiders. (will tame one of every spider model for her stables)
Rolling a new Troll Druid.
Turning my existing female Undead Warlock (level 43) into a male Troll Warlock named Zalazane (I have the name >:D)
Rolling a Goblin Shaman named Mecha.
Going to try a male Worgen Druid named Snarler, doubt he'll get very far though (I can never stick with Alliance characters)

It's sad that half of my realm list right now are placeholders waiting for Cataclysm. :lol:

That's So funny! My goblin shaman's name is already reserved: Mechatotem

Her backstory is going to be that Mechatotem is her surname (which fits with typical Goblin surnames) and her given name is something she doesn't care for. Similar to how Nymphadora Tonks in the Harry Potter series always goes by her surname. I am not sure what her given name is yet, but it's something pretty embarassing. If I don't come up with anything, I'll just say she's never revealed it to another living soul (all her relatives passed away in the Cataclysm) including me!

Oh, and I can never stick with Alliance characters either. Maybe it's just because I don't have enough friends who play actively on Alliance, maybe leveling 4 toons to 80 as Horde has just hardwired my brain to Horde! Whatever it is, I see no reason not to go with it.

Oh and when a few WoW acquaintances/former guildies faction changed and server transferred a little while back, they were back to horde and back to my main server within 6 months. Hmmm...
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Sarayana wrote:
Royi wrote:I would have to disagree with you and leveling as a Elemental Shaman is difficult. Maybe because I pumped a couple hundred gold getting some good blues and got a armor kit on some lower level legs (back when you could in BC) ~ I owned pretty easily while leveling as elemental.
That would probably make a huge difference. Jazek is just around level 15 and did a couple of RFCs, and there it's clear just how much elemental needs a change... Just cause the other classes have had low level dps turned up. But yeah, I also have no gold on Nesingwary to pimp Jazek, so she's in poor man's gear. ;)
Royi wrote:I hate it I have too many characters and I want a new one but ugh never know which to really play. I just got into my hunter gearing her up at 80, but then I want to play my Paladin again... but then thinking of making the Paladin a dwarf now... but I miss my Gnome DK too... he looks shiney with his T9 gear and on his Moonsaber mount...

Boo for indecision
I know what you mean. I just hit 80 on my priest and am gearing her right now (I love that process, where ever boss kill in a heroic is exciting because you might actually be able to USE the gear. :D) and then I want to focus on Sara for a bit for Loremaster and the Diplomat titles... but I always feel torn, I want to go level Aoani (I'd love to get her up to 69 before Cata and get her a devilsaur) and then my shammy feels neglected... and don't even get me started on my resto druid! Oh lord, I am ashamed how long she's been languishing, unloved, on the character selection screen!

Who knows, maybe Shaman will get a good elemental spell like the thunderstorm or lava burst when that spec is picked at lvl 10 (i didnt care to research on what it is going to be)

Yeah i hate it how character things spread, my DK has all the titles and the violet mount, my pally has the mechano-hog, my druid has the explorer and guardian of cenarious titles but i havent had the chance or the desire to go past 75 yet, my shaman has the pvp gear and the coolest name ever "Kuzco", but yet the hunter has the chance at getting more fancy pets.

Then I have a old rogue who's lvl 62 and has still a couple pieces of Tier 1 (Nightslayer) and the epic Felstriker dagger from Rend

Then again I want to level a gnome priest in cata and then also try out a worgen and goblin.

Sara I think the main problem, is that you're probably like me. I love leveling characters and professions in Warcraft than I do raiding endgame, and thank goodness for BOA's
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Sarayana

Yup, eles get Thunderstorm as their level 10 ability. :)

I think perhaps you're right. I do love raiding (as long as we can avoid all the loot BS) but I feel much more accomplished when I get a toon to 80 and become good at what that toon does (healing and dps - I tried tanking and well, it's not for me...) than I do when I get another raid boss down. :|

My husband is the opposite. My main (Sarayana) has a bunch of achievements and accomplishments, she's definitely my main (more than in your case, it sounds like - I've managed to keep the minipet and mount collecting to her, and she's my achievement toon too, she's got all the secondary professions, etc...) but my husband's toon just makes her pale by comparison. On the other hand, he only has that one 80, and when he's played his rogue/DK/priest for an hour or less, he's bored with it. We get totally different things out of the game.

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, when I changed my main, Teigan, from a dwarf to an Orc, I had originally planned to later turn her into a Goblin. However, I love her as an Orc! :D So, she'll be staying an Orc. I will definitely be making a Goblin huntress, with this geology theme I've worked out...shiny gem pets and rock pets, leveling Archeology, Mining and Engineering. :) I would also like a Troll huntress, but we'll see. I'll probably end up making, if not keeping one of every race just to see the new/changed starter experiences. :D
Sorcha Ravenlock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Sorcha Ravenlock »

I won't rce change any of my characters, I'm too much of a RPer for that to feel right.
I will roll a human hunter though. It will give me a chance to get used to the new focus system and skills, while at the same time I get to explore all the new low level content :)

I'll probably end up rolling one of each of the alliance races to see their new starter area anyway, and I'll see who'll stick beyond that.
I'll have to delete some unused alts for that I suppose, but the Horde never sat well with me anyway so I think my lowbie hordies will just go...

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

I've been having a tough time deciding what to do with my main hunter, Durana. I've been very tempted to race change her to worgen, buuuut that said, I have no idea what the final female worgen are going to look like. And I really love my little dwarf huntress too. It's a hard decision, one I probably won't be making for a while yet.

I want to drag my Shaman over to Nessingwary and make him a troll. XD You guys are great and I'm disappointed that I haven't really spent much time over there. I'm hoping that with a level 80 over there, I'll have a wee bit more incentive (and heirlooms!). I'll also be deleting Kierna and re-rolling her as a goblin huntress. And I'll be rolling a troll druid too, as they are awesome. <3
Last edited by Moonlost on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

More shammies! *puppydances*

Dwarves are pretty awesome, just remember that. ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!