No Worgen Mount?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Re: No Worgen Mount?

Unread post by Redith »

Taluwen wrote:i'm aware, but their old lore is still there, i think even in-game so it's not 100% erased.

my GM didnt understand how worgen could be druids either. His statement: "Why would I wanna play a human that becomes a dog that becomes a bear that becomes a cat that becomes a moonkin that becomes a tree that becomes a bird?"
......well worgen is only +1 change then any other race. Just the human becomes a dog.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

>_> Worgen Druid.

Worgen = human + dog
Druid = bear + cat + bird + tree + moonkin

Worgen + Druid = Too many forms

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Taluwen wrote:>_> Worgen Druid.

Worgen = human + dog
Druid = bear + cat + bird + tree + moonkin

Worgen + Druid = Too many forms

Worgen Druid= Human + Dog+ bear + cat + bird + tree + moonkin+ Cheetah. =Total forms 8
Any other druid= Their Race+bear + cat + bird + tree + moonkin+ Cheetah. =Total forms 7. Like I said only one more then any other druid LMAO. But maybie to your GM 8 is too many
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I guess so. It doesn't bother me. XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

bluddy wrote:what...no racial mounts??? then there's no need to farm runecloth on my ally char. :( should that be a relief or not?
You should farm runecloth still. Who knows maybe you will see a Gnome go into WORGEN FORM to travel ;)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Twila
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, Silver Hand

Unread post by Twila »

I think it may just be a temp thing to tide beta testers over until their mounts are finished.

Amisha - lv 100 Tauren Hunter - Silver Hand:US - Pet Stable
Twilatsuki - lv 95 Night Elf Hunter - Argent Dawn:US - Pet Stable

Battle Pet Collection

Doth777
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US Agrammar

Unread post by Doth777 »

I love this idea, and I'll almost certainly roll a worgen just because of this now. I loved the old Worgen running animation, and for that brief time when we could tame one, I loved making him run around, even made videos of it and tons of screenshots (Garwol I think it's name was, someone will correct me :P ). When I found out Darkflight (Worgen racial Sprint) wasnt on all fours, I was very disappointed, but this makes up for it. Now, what type of Worgen to roll......

Edit: Oh, and to confirm, here's a Blue post from the Running Wild thread on beta forums:

"Running Wild is indeed the new racial "mount" for worgen. Functionally the ability works exactly like a mount. This does mean the worgen are not bringing faction mounts to the table which other Alliance races can access. This is also of course very different from the original Plainsrunning implemented for taurens. We have no plans to try and bring that ability back in any form.

Ultimately, we feel Running Wild fits very well with the nature of the worgen race. Rather than getting a physical mount, they get down and sprint on all fours. When you're playing a worgen, it just feels awesome. :)
[ Post edited by Zarhym ]"
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

I'd have to say whether I like the idea or not once I actually see some footage. But it does sounds like a good fit to them.
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

I think that a Worgen running on all fours as opposed to having a mount is the coolest thing and I'm extremely jealous! It's not like there's a shortage of mounts in the game, and no other race has such a neat ability. People should be thrilled with this change not complaining about it.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

So in that vein then, a tauren should get all fours and charge into the sunset, or an arrakoa should flap their arms and fly away into the night.

yes i know arrakoa aren't playable :P

I'd rather Worgen have a mount to be honest. This just sounds silly. I thought they wanted to hold on to their humanity, not embrace the beast.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Apparently... It's sticking. XP Zarhym confirmed it.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... d=2000#158

This may explain why we're only see about two goblin mounts. Worgen won't be bringing any new mounts to the Alliance. They may change their minds though, IF people cry enough. XD This may also bring up the note that if the buff is removed when dazed or when you attack someone like an dismount. I'm assuming it cannot be used in combat or while carrying a flag. :P

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Aleu wrote:Apparently... It's sticking. XP Zarhym confirmed it.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... d=2000#158

This may explain why we're only see about two goblin mounts. Worgen won't be bringing any new mounts to the Alliance. They may change their minds though, IF people cry enough. XD This may also bring up the note that if the buff is removed when dazed or when you attack someone like an dismount. I'm assuming it cannot be used in combat or while carrying a flag. :P
Awesome. I hope Blizzard stick to their design on this and don't cave to people whining. I swear, we see so many complaints about the lack of uniqueness here and there, so Blizzard gives Worgen this fantastic trait and people complain. Makes my head hurt.
Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Hrm... I would like Running Wild as a worgen-only "mount" choice, but what's so hard about making something like a slightly-changed horse model to give options to all the Alliance races?
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Blizzard will just have to think of some other way for alliance players to pick up the extra couple of mounts.

This sounds AMAZING, tbqh, and I look forward to it on my warlock. I had been picturing her on that mount and was pretty skeptical, but running around on all fours sounds ever so much cooler. And I can see why this wouldn't've fit Tauren as well either; I don't see them dropping on all fours and stampeding everywhere.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I like the idea but hate that horde has more mounts.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Eh sounds fun and really who cares if horde get a few more mounts anyway? its not like its game changeing or nuffin. i could complan that i can't ride a robot chicken on my cow but i don't and i'd love to have one.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Yeah, agreed. Besides, we could see two new horse colors or something in Elwynn, or maybe a couple of cats, for easy compensation.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

it seems not so long ago, a few races got some new mounts added to thier exsisting choices to balance out the mount ratio and make it even for both sides...If worgens are not getting a ridable mount, and instead are getting an on-all-fours option instead, I forseer another of our races getting some new mounts added to compinsation.
However, it is my opinion that the running on all fours, should have been part of the worgen racial ability in the first place...when comparing goblin/worgen racials, worgens are severly underwhelmed.

I was really looking forward to another hooved mount, as those are my favourit, and the war-boar was one of the things I was most looking forward to for Cata...

This will be the first (playable) race in wow that does not have its own racial and there will be A LOT of people VERY upset about that.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

A, they will gets mounts, running wild seems to be a racial atm, an mount option per say.

B, they would never ever let that ammount of faction mount inequity be in the game now... ever! So there will be Worgen realated mounts.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Spiritbinder wrote:A, they will gets mounts, running wild seems to be a racial atm, an mount option per say.

B, they would never ever let that ammount of faction mount inequity be in the game now... ever! So there will be Worgen realated mounts.
No there won't be. The blue post from Blizzard says so.
Zaryhm wrote:Running Wild is indeed the new racial "mount" for worgen. Functionally the ability works exactly like a mount. This does mean the worgen are NOT bringing faction mounts to the table which other Alliance races can access. This is also of course very different from the original Plainsrunning implemented for taurens. We have no plans to try and bring that ability back in any form.

Ultimately, we feel Running Wild fits very well with the nature of the worgen race. Rather than getting a physical mount, they get down and sprint on all fours. When you're playing a worgen, it just feels awesome. :)
Also cow, I care a lot because I was looking forward to the mounts. I'm a very avid mount collector. I even have the blazing hippogryph.

LisaaraPokefarm