Is anyone else feeling even just a little nervous?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: Is anyone else feeling even just a little nervous?

Unread post by Rikaku »

Bulletdance wrote:I was fine until I read "Make sure you purchased all glyphs for your class as they will be more expensive" ....doh. :roll:
Thats actually why I spent all day getting my stuff ready. Bought all my new gems I'll need (since we're moving to AGI instead of AP for BMs woot woot), sold off all my extra arrows so I could get more money for them (since on beta I realized I only got like 1/50th the price they vendor for on live), logged out next to the trainer.... picked out my new talents (so I can just spec 'em quick and fast) and then get working on moving to the areas for the last pets I want specifically before they move.

Overall excitement though... ehh... is not really there for me. I'm excited about more stable slots so I can re-tame like 5 pets I really want, but that's about it. But then again, I've been in beta for over 2 and a half months, the focus change, new talents, and new pet stuff is almost "normal" for me now, so it's actually live that makes me go "what why is that there...WHAT. WAIT WHAT IS THAT, NO DON'T PRESS THAT AUGH!" :lol:

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm excited, totally. I know these talent changes seem pretty crazy right now, but we'll get used to them in no time. I mean, I went from not playing any MMOs at all when I first started this game, to having played one of every class and even doing end-game raiding. I think we are all more than capable of adapting to change, so the initial worry for this transition is only temporary. :)

A lot of things I forgot to do though, such as buying glyphs (thank goodness I have inscription on my druid!), gems (thank goodness my husband and brother are both JC!), and such. I didn't sell my arrows either, poop. Didn't even cross my mind! It's alright though, I'll manage.

I just can't wait to bring my old friends home, try out the focus thing (which honestly I'm not worried about, I know I'll get used to it), and finally have some bag space!!!!! :D And that's just on my hunter! I still have my druid, priest, and mage to play with, too! Woot!!!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

I'm pretty excited. I love focus on beta and generally hate dealing with mana on my hunter (probably because she's very undergeared). Part of me is worried that there will be problems with the stables the way 3.0 had problems with learning the mounts and minipets and then having them disappear, BUT blizzard was very quick to fix those issues, so I'm not TOO concerned.

I'll admit I didn't do a lot of preparing, but I'm pretty self-sufficient as far as professions go, so I'm not too concerned.

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

I'm excited too. When running instances I can be a little bit more helpful than just by bringing a wolf. Also, another bag slot to store stuff in is really, really, welcome.
Zinagaro
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Zinagaro »

I'm a little nervous really. The change to focus is what gets me the most. In most if not all raid settings I never went below 60% mana with how I was specc'd. So having to re-worry about a means of firing shots kind of gets me a little. :\

Majorly excited to get all those pets I've bonded with when I was leveling up, back into my stable.

- I Be Indestructible Mon! -

"One thing I've learned about idiots - they are utterly without shame." - Worba

Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

I've been playing a BM huntress since WoW's original beta. I've gone from being the worst spec in vanilla, to the massively OP spec in BC, back to bottom of the rung in Wrath. Each time I've had to re-learn rotations, learn how to add in new abilities, and learn which ones to ditch (I haven't used Raptor Strike in years).

I'm over the moon about the changes coming. I despise having Mana as my secondary bar- I always have. Mana is for all those spell-mumbling buffoons- why does my forest-dwelling Huntress have to use it??

From having to learn to maximize my pet's focus way back in vanilla (no Go for the Throat or Focus-regenerating talents back then), I have a good feeling about catching on relatively quickly with Focus as my own resource.

My regret? My L80 Night Elf will not have the special "riding tiger" starter pet that will now be available for all L1 NE hunters. I'm so very, very sad. I may ask a GM very kindly and politely to give me one. You never know til you ask!!
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

@Ikult
Sorry, but I've asked an EU GM and they appear not to be willing to grant that request. I guess it's because they won't "recover" a pet you've never tamed?

They seem to indicate that a tameable version will appear in Cataclysm - but no promises...
Could try putting it on the live/Cataclysm suggestion forums I suppose?

I don't blame the GM's for not granting this... as soon as Petopia got wind of it, they'd have thousands of tickets to deal with! ;)