The Raid

Silly forum games go here!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Saturo

Re: The Raid

Unread post by Saturo »

Kalliope wrote:> Bite the rogue's pinky. S/he may have saved your life, but that's no excuse for gnome mistreatment! You hate getting picked up. Especially by the ears.
You do a swift gnomish jump and bite the humans pinky. He seems to be getting ready to yell at you.
Kalliope wrote:> Inspect the druid to see if s/he is a useful spec, ie. tank or healer.
You look at the Druid closely. It's... Well... It's... It's a cat. Uhm...
"What's your spec?"
"Resto"
Oh. Useful!
Kalliope wrote:> Figure out why you didn't see the rogue and druid on your minimap.
You stare at the Rogues face. He stares back. The Druid looks at you curiosly.
It would appear they are both stealthed... And not in your raid...
Kalliope wrote:> Ask them what the EFF is going on around here.
"What the eff is going on here!?"
Your sudden outburst seems to have startled the smaller silithids over near the Half-Eaten Delicious Draenei corpse. It sounds like they are skittering around a lot.
The Druid whispers to you, "A drunk dwarf led us down here. When the rest of the raid disappeared we jumped ship and hid over here."

Find food reveals a Half-Eaten Delicious Draenei corpse to the west.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

> Get the rogue and druid into a raid group with you. Safety in numbers, especially with a healer.
> Check to see if you have a tank spec or if you're just a cruddy dps. Do you even have a shield?
> Debate why the three of you haven't been ported out of the instance yet, cause the auto-port would be really really handy about now.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kalliope wrote:> Get the rogue and druid into a raid group with you. Safety in numbers, especially with a healer.
They reluctantly agree.
Overhéalz has joined your raid group.
Tentyo has joined your raid group.
Kalliope wrote:> Check to see if you have a tank spec or if you're just a cruddy dps. Do you even have a shield?
You're just DPS. Your equipped items:
Purple Platemail Armor
Frost-covered ChickenChopper (Two Handed Axe)
Titansteel Destroyer (Two Handed Mace)

You don't think you'd make a very good tank. You're likely to keep aggro tough, people find you obnoxiously annoying.
Kalliope wrote:> Debate why the three of you haven't been ported out of the instance yet, cause the auto-port would be really really handy about now.
You have a good, classic debate about this. Overhéalz blames whatever it is that's preventing his compass from working. You proudly exclaim that you have a compass too. They stare at you.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kalliope

> Show that uppity rogue and druid just where you keep your compass. Explain why yours is superior.
> Swear at the druid for having an accent in his/her name. That ALWAYS bothers you. Even more than tankadins who don't know what righteous fury is.
> Hold an impromptu naked dance party. That's the name of the game, isn't it?

YouTube Edition

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kalliope wrote:> Show that uppity rogue and druid just where you keep your compass. Explain why yours is superior.
"My compass is soo much better than yours!", you exclaim. At this point you notice that the Half-Eaten Delicious Draenei corpse has disappeared. Maybe moving would be wise. Like now.
Kalliope wrote:> Swear at the druid for having an accent in his/her name. That ALWAYS bothers you. Even more than tankadins who don't know what righteous fury is.
"I hate you."
You now doubt you'll get a lot of heals. Great work there, smart guy!
Kalliope wrote:> Hold an impromptu naked dance party. That's the name of the game, isn't it?
In the face of immedatiate danger, you decide to rip off your clothes and dance. You are sort of hoping the Druid will do so too, after shapeshifting back, of course. You really hope it's a female Night Elf. Overhéalz smacks you with his claw, obviously knowing what youre thinking.

You decide to put your clothes back on. I mean, it's AWESOME purple platemail. That Draenei disagreed, and look what happened to him!
You laugh.
They stare at you, obviously wondering why they saved you in the first place.

Kalliope

> Intervene the druid to make amends and to cover him if anything should attack him in the next few seconds.
> Motion to the others to follow you away from where the corpse was.
> Get the $*&@ out of there.

YouTube Edition

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kalliope wrote:> Intervene the druid to make amends and to cover him if anything should attack him in the next few seconds.
Overhéalz appreciates the gesture, and quickly transforms into a Tree of Life. He casts Healing Touch.

Your health is now 100%
Kalliope wrote:> Motion to the others to follow you away from where the corpse was.
You motion for the others to follow you, and start sneaking trough the tunnels. You reach an outdoor area. There is a Huge Silithid Wasp here. The door behind you slams shut. Overhéalz pats you on the head. Good job leading he way.
Kalliope wrote:> Get the $*&@ out of there.
You can't go back. There is a Closed Door blocking the way.
You can't go forward. There is a Huge Silithid Wasp blocking the way.

Find food is empty.

Kalliope

> Resist the urge to bite Overhealz for patting you on the head. Far too splintery.
> Wonder if you've warped back into vanilla WoW, since you can't remember the last time you saw a druid CAST Healing Touch.
> Get Tentyo to distract the silithid so you can all sneak past it.

YouTube Edition

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kalliope wrote:> Resist the urge to bite Overhealz for patting you on the head. Far too splintery.
Done.
Kalliope wrote:> Wonder if you've warped back into vanilla WoW, since you can't remember the last time you saw a druid CAST Healing Touch.
Done.
Kalliope wrote:> Get Tentyo to distract the silithid so you can all sneak past it.
You politely ask Tentyo to cause a distraction. He refuses, believing you guys are likely to just abandon him. Besides, it wouldn't do much good. You can't see any way out of here. Oh wait, you can. It's a closed door on the other side of the area you are in. It seems to have some sort of magical lock in place.

Kalliope

> Ask Tentyo if he's actually trained lockpicking.

YouTube Edition

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kalliope wrote:> Ask Tentyo if he's actually trained lockpicking.
He seems to be getting embarrassed. So most likely not.
You are starting to doubt the skills of your group.

While you were thinking, the Huge Silithid Wasp has flewn over to you. It's stinger hits your shoulder. You are thrown back from the blast.
Your health is now 85%.

Overhéalz has cast Rejuvenation on you. You are restoring 10% health every three seconds.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

>Throw a bottle of [Pygmy Oil] at the wasp, hoping it will shrink down to boot stomping size.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Vephriel wrote:>Throw a bottle of [Pygmy Oil] at the wasp, hoping it will shrink down to boot stomping size.
You quickly reach into your backpack, grab a bottle of the oily green substance and throw it at the Huge Silithid Wasp. It breaks, scattering the oil over the silithids husk. It looks surprised for a moment, and then rapidly shrinks.
The Huge Silithid Wasp is now a Small Silithid Wasp. Your rogue friend, who, in fact, did nothing during the fight, is quick to toss the small creature a critter bite.
Tentyo has gained pet Adorable Small Silithid Wasp.
The magic tether locking he doors has been cut. Both doors are now open.

Find food reveals Ration of Churje beyond the Northern door.
Find food reveals Half-Eaten Delicious Draenei Corpse to the south.

Kalliope

> Lead the party north. TO THE CHURJE!

YouTube Edition

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kalliope wrote:> Lead the party north. TO THE CHURJE!
When you find churje, you don't as much "lead the party", as you run at incredible speeds yelling incessantly.

You have reached small room. The corridor continues in all four directions. Crazy as you are, you didn't take notice on wich way you entered. There is a dwarf here, reeking of alcohol. Next to him is a backpack, containing empty bottles and a Ration of Churje.

Tentyo and Overhéalz reach the room, cautious of you. Yelling CHURJE! and then rushing into possible dangers is why everybody hates warriors.

Find food reveals a Ration of Churje in your mouth.

Kalliope

> Devour the churje and savor the succulent flavor.
> Remember that you ran into the room FROM THE SOUTH, so that's back the way you came.
> Slap the dwarf until he sobers up, then demand to know WTF is going on here.

YouTube Edition

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kalliope wrote:> Devour the churje and savor the succulent flavor.
Done.
Kalliope wrote:> Remember that you ran into the room FROM THE SOUTH, so that's back the way you came.
You look at the entryways. They are all identical. Tentyo and Overhéalz are standing in the southern one. Good. A least you've got some sense of direction. Unlike your numerous excursions into Gnomeregan. There's a good reason you Gnomes left the place, I'll have you know. It's larger than Silvermoon, and you can't even mount up!
Kalliope wrote:> Slap the dwarf until he sobers up, then demand to know WTF is going on here.
Slapping just doesn't seem to be enough. You hit the dwarf with your Titansteel Destroyer. He wakes up with a start.
"Who are ye?"
"Whats left of the raid. I demand to know WTF is going on!"
"Aye, me dwarven senses are tellin' me ye'r kinda' keen on knowin', ey? Well, it's tha' whispers! They are everywhere!"
You invite the dwarf to the raid.
Mighthammer has joined your raid.
Tentyo and Overhéalz are cautious of the most-likely-insane dwarf.

Kalliope

> Ask Mighthammer about the whispers.
> Figure out what class and spec he is and whether he was drunk before or after $^# started getting weird.

YouTube Edition

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kalliope wrote:> Ask Mighthammer about the whispers.
"There're... There're... THERE'RE EVERYWHERE!"
"How can a whisper be anywhere? It's not an object..."
"Aye been tellin' ya, the whispers are everywhere! Booze quits 'em, tough!"
He takes another sip. Overhéalz is very caoutious about him. He has an axe...
Kalliope wrote:> Figure out what class and spec he is and whether he was drunk before or after $^# started getting weird.
He's a protection specced paladin. He's not wearing any pants. There are many empty bottles scattered around, so he most likely started drinking after the whispers. That, and he totally said something about booze quieting them.

He gets up, and looks ready to come along. Find food is empty.

Kalliope

> Ask Overhealz and Tentyo if they've heard any whispers. After all, they started while the raid was still intact....in theory.
> Make sure Mighthammer has pants somewhere. Make him wear them.
> Grab the empty bottles. Your inventory is rather sparse at the moment.
> Tell Tentyo to stealthily take a look into the passages to the west, north, and east with the explicit orders of not going too far.

YouTube Edition