Stag family CONFIRMED

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Stag family CONFIRMED

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Smyelmdar wrote:It's cool that we can tame these, but their mouth looks a little strange during their idle animations. :D
I believe they're built on the same or a similar skeleton to the... Ghastly Charger/Headless Horseman's mounts? (I could be wrong.) I do know the Charger at least suffers from the same weird unhinging yawning jaw when standing idle. Really creepy when you're looking at it from the side.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

peanutbuttercup wrote:
Smyelmdar wrote:It's cool that we can tame these, but their mouth looks a little strange during their idle animations. :D
I believe they're built on the same or a similar skeleton to the... Ghastly Charger/Headless Horseman's mounts? (I could be wrong.) I do know the Charger at least suffers from the same weird unhinging yawning jaw when standing idle. Really creepy when you're looking at it from the side.
I have no idea. Sadly I own none of those mounts.
But it's worth checking out in the beta though. I'll have a look next time I play. :)

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Here's some screenshots of Ghastly Charger's yawn. I think it looks somewhat similar, both the weird yawn and the overall skeleton?

I know the problem with Ghastly Charger is because it's an undead mount skin on the Fiery Warhorse/Headless Horseman mount skeleton. So when the Fiery Warhorse yawns (couldn't get a good screenshot) the jaw does open up and it looks appropriate on that mount. When this guy does it, since the undead mount jaw isn't animated only the glowing blue part moves.
Attachments
081714_113352.jpg
081714_113352.jpg (111.45 KiB) Viewed 1323 times
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

peanutbuttercup wrote:Here's some screenshots of Ghastly Charger's yawn. I think it looks somewhat similar, both the weird yawn and the overall skeleton?

I know the problem with Ghastly Charger is because it's an undead mount skin on the Fiery Warhorse/Headless Horseman mount skeleton. So when the Fiery Warhorse yawns (couldn't get a good screenshot) the jaw does open up and it looks appropriate on that mount. When this guy does it, since the undead mount jaw isn't animated only the glowing blue part moves.
Wow, that looks pretty creepy actually. lol
But yeah, it looks like it's the same issue.

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

It's a been awhile now, I don't suppose there's been any improvement to the tails of the new Talbuk models? Or are they still loaded with extra starch or a stiff rod in their animations?
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net