Mounts in Legion

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Mounts in Legion

Unread post by Wain »

I'm just posting these test shots so I have somewhere to host them:

Fel Core Hound mount with current (red) particle colours:

And with particle colours altered to use the same green values as the old fel core hound beast:

The rgb particle colour values for the green particles I'm using here are:
  • start: (58 , 208 , 24), middle: (100 , 255 , 24), end: (191 , 255 , 19)
or in hex #RRGGBB:
  • start: #3AD018, middle: #64FF18, end: #BFFF13
Attachments
Fel Core Hound Mount - default particles.png
Fel Core Hound Mount - default particles.png (435.22 KiB) Viewed 2803 times
Fel Core Hound Mount - green particles.png
Fel Core Hound Mount - green particles.png (437 KiB) Viewed 2803 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Looks like the core hound issue's already been addressed. Also it says all models 'use the new up-rezzed models' now, so does that mean there's tamable green corehounds with the new models now?

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Nachtwulf wrote:Looks like the core hound issue's already been addressed. Also it says all models 'use the new up-rezzed models' now, so does that mean there's tamable green corehounds with the new models now?
I'll need a fainting couch if the high rez models are on the tamable beasts.

Please please let it be so.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Well that was a super fast response! Wow :). Thanks Jeremy and whoever else was involved in fixing them! :). And thanks to everyone who went and supported it. :)

And I love the name "double dogs". I guess Guarm is a triple dog.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Nachtwulf wrote:Looks like the core hound issue's already been addressed. Also it says all models 'use the new up-rezzed models' now, so does that mean there's tamable green corehounds with the new models now?
It probably won't reach us for a couple of builds. Hopefully by this time next week? :)

They may push a build sooner because the Mac client has been crashing about once a minute, but that could be just a hot fix.

Edit: I'm also unsure if he meant all the ones in the Broken Isles, or all of them in the game. The only core hounds in the BI are green and demons, so it may not have an immediate effect on tameables. But we'll see. Maybe they'll add a rare or switch one to a beast.

But if they've changed all of them in the game then we'll see them on our pets sooner :). But then I'll be wondering which look Gomegaz has. I guess we'll wait and see what they mean.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The latest Legion build had quite a few changes to mounts :

- the infernal mounts were removed from being the Arena season rewards. Two have been reassigned to be Gul'dan drops in The Nighthold. One is Mythic (I assume a 100% reward?) and the other isn't listed as Mythic and I assume is a general rare drop (but haven't seen this confirmed). The remaining three colours were deleted from the mount database entirely, which doesn't look good for them being used in the immediate future, but hopefully they will reappear in the future, especially the icy blue one! For details, see :
http://warcraftmounts.com/legion.php#infernals

- a new armoured storm drake model is the new Arena season mount. There are six colours but only four season tiers. Not sure if the remaining two will be used (odd they produced six for four tiers when they obviously did it recently for this specific purpose), but I think the unused lilac one is cute and unusual. See:
http://warcraftmounts.com/legion.php#stormdrakes
As an aside, the non-armoured storm drake model is still unused.

- the Fel Core Hound now has green particle effects (fire and drool) and looks way better than it did with default orange! See:
http://warcraftmounts.com/mounts/felcorehound.php

- the turtle with the iron jaw is now a Blacksmithing mount named the Arcadian War Turtle. The Fel Core Hound is also a BS mount, so there's two for that profession. See :
http://warcraftmounts.com/mounts/arcadianwarturtle.php

Sorry I don't have time to find and post pics to this thread tonight. It's very very late :P
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Interesting that the gladiator mount version of the Storm drake goes back to the old hunched, low-to-the-ground stance.

I really hope that doesn't happen to the non-gladiator drakes too, if/when those show up...

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I still don't get why 99% of the mounts in Legion are pvp crap.

At least, all the ones with interesting models are. Or restricted to hard to get raid cheevos. But MOSTLY freakin' PVP. I -hate- pvp. The fact that I have to be FORCED into doing something I not only really dislike but am really terrible at in order to get any of the cool interesting mounts rankles me to no end.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Every part of the game has to have some unique reward to it, including pvp. It wouldnt be fair nor right if all they got was some generic mount, but other aspects of the game get unique things. Pvpers get the gladiator mounts. Mythic Raiders get their 100% drop mount on the final boss.

Blizz isn't forcing you to do any part of the game. If you want the gladiator Storm Drakes, you'll have to master arena pvp. If you want the Infernal from Gul'dan, you will have to join a mythic raid team.

Also, at this time, there are 18 non-pvp mounts, and 15 pvp.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah, except the mythic toy drops are usually just for the guild leader and his immediate cronies.

Anyway, my beef isn't that I want the storm drakes in particular and am salty about it, it just seems like all of the -interesting- models have been reserved for PVP and everyone else is like 'oh, have a boring moose and maybe a turtle if you know a blacksmith'.

It's not that I begrudge PVP having interesting mounts to obtain, it's that there aren't equivalently interesting ones for nonpvpers.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Typically the gladiator mounts are special armored versions of existing mounts. We don't have plain storm dragon mounts yet, which I find interesting. I was thinking they'd be like the drakes in Cataclysm, maybe one color from a rep and some dungeon drops etc.

That being said I am surprised we don't have more plain mounts in yet, like the plain storm dragon, unicorn, or even moose. I'm wondering if they are taking a different approach.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:Every part of the game has to have some unique reward to it, including pvp. It wouldnt be fair nor right if all they got was some generic mount, but other aspects of the game get unique things. Pvpers get the gladiator mounts. Mythic Raiders get their 100% drop mount on the final boss.

Blizz isn't forcing you to do any part of the game. If you want the gladiator Storm Drakes, you'll have to master arena pvp. If you want the Infernal from Gul'dan, you will have to join a mythic raid team.

Also, at this time, there are 18 non-pvp mounts, and 15 pvp.
To be fair, the gladiator mounts are a bit harder to get than most mythic mounts. Because unlike PvE rewards, Gladiator mounts are retired after their season has ended. There are exceptions of course like the moose, which IS removed when the raid is no longer current... but in general, raid rewards are always obtainable. Theoretically, anyone can get them once the instance becomes obsolete and the drop rate decreases to 1%.

Not complaining mind you as I know full well that PvP'ers deserve rewards of their own, but PvP vs PvE is a bit different in that regard.

And I definitely get where Nachtwulf is coming from as a lot of the PvE rewards this expansion have been a bit lackluster in comparison... Quality > quantity imo. I really hope we at least see the unarmored unicorns and drakes or I'll definitely be a little salty.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

From what I've seen in Mythic guilds, it is usually the Raid Lead, then gradually the rest of the team. After that, they get one for the rest of the guild. But my point is that pvp isn't the only ones with interesting mounts. I would say the Infernals are very interesting. Or the Jellyfish mounts. Or the rat mount.

And as Quiv mentioned, the gladiator mounts have been special armored versions of existing mounts. Been this way since TBC.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

And what about the felbats? Or the feathered raptors that they took out. Or yeah, unarmored unicorns. Or the removed colors of infernals. It feels like they put in all these things and then were like 'oh, not for pvp/endtier raiding, you don't need these *YOINK*'

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You have no proof of that, and they can put any of those mounts into the beta at any time. The war turtle was in the same situation till just yesterday.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Nachtwulf wrote:And what about the felbats? Or the feathered raptors that they took out. Or yeah, unarmored unicorns. Or the removed colors of infernals. It feels like they put in all these things and then were like 'oh, not for pvp/endtier raiding, you don't need these *YOINK*'
Yeahhh... I know people complained a lot about faction grinding in WoD, but I'd rather see those mounts as faction rewards than not at all. They could have easily made the Stormdrakes another reward from a Netherwing/Cloudserpent-esque faction, I can see the Unicorns easily fitting in as a faction reward as well.

And not all factions need to be grindy either like the Frostwolves/alliance equivalent. I didn't mind the Tanaan reps honestly; took long since you could only do so many dailies a day but I greatly prefer that over mindlessly grinding mobs.

Or what about dungeon drops??? I would not mind some new heroic dungeon drops at all. Could easily stick some of the unused colors/models in the new dungeons.

We still have time though, so fingers crossed.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I guess they have said that there are world quests that reward mounts (presumably a-la the coalfist gronn), but yeah, I didn't mind the tanaan/WoD faction grinding at all (except of course wrynn's vanguard which can bloody well go hang). I even got one of the saberstalker mounts so far (and it'll be easier to get the other when I'm a few levels higher and can more speedily grind the claws).

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There does seem to be an unusually high proportion of pvp mounts this xpac but I think that's mostly because the prestige system is new and they need to fill it up. I wouldn't expect that in the future.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm actually counting about 16 pvp and 12 non-pvp. I didn't count the ratstallion in either since it's somewhere in between. I also didn't count the DH class mount. I know there's another leatherworking mount coming, a moose, but I'm unsure which it is.