4.3 info on MMO Champ. (omg clothes storage)

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Re: 4.3 info on MMO Champ. (omg clothes storage)

Unread post by Heleos »

Remember when Ice Crown Citadel released and we had those 3 5-man instances of breaking into ICC with either Jaina or Sylvanas? Maybe two of the three new ones will be something similar.
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US
Sam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: omg clothing storage and changing the look of your gear?

Unread post by Sam »

Qinni wrote:
Aeladrine wrote:I'm limited to mail? Sad day.): I wish they'd made it so it could be anything, so long as you've owned it before.
I'm sad too. Most if not all of my rp is non mail and I wont be able to use it.
You can still use your RP gear for RP. I'm not getting rid of my cloth, in-town stuff... I'll still wear it in-town. But now my fighting gear can look more varied and interesting. I'm loving everything about this idea! 8-)
"There are very few problems caused by sorcerers that can't be solved with a sharp stick."
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Seems like it will cost money to deposit and withdraw anything from the Void Storage:
In patch 4.3, characters of all levels will be able to take advantage of a new technology known as "Void Storage," which will open up 80 slots of long-term storage space. Void Storage vaults will be available in both Stormwind and Orgrimmar and can be accessed simply by speaking with your local Vaultkeeper.

A variety of items can be placed into Void Storage -- including soulbound items and Battle.net Account Bound items -- making it the perfect location to store trophies from past conquests, as well as armor you may want to hold onto for Transmogrification. So, if you've been looking for a good home for those old tier sets or your vanity holiday items, Void Storage is it! And it's as easy to use as dragging and dropping.

In return for this unique service, the Ethereals will require a small fee for each item deposited into or withdrawn from their Void Storage apparatus. Multiple items can be added and removed at once, and the cost of each transaction will be display at the bottom of the screen, updating dynamically as you select additional items to deposit or withdraw. Once an item is placed into Void Storage, it can remain there indefinitely for no additional cost.

It's important to note that the goal of Void Storage isn't to be a second bank, but rather a place where players can safely store items they wish to keep for the life of the game, either for sentimental or aesthetic reasons. Since this particular storage option isn't really intended for belongings that you'd use on a regular basis (like your current set of raiding gear, for example), any item placed in Void Storage will be stripped of all its enhancements, including enchants, gems, sockets, and reforged stats, and some items will simply not be eligible for Void Storage at all. This will help us reduce the impact such storage can have on the game servers, and ultimately allows us to provide a lot of long-term storage space with minimal impact on everyone's play experience.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Heleos wrote:Remember when Ice Crown Citadel released and we had those 3 5-man instances of breaking into ICC with either Jaina or Sylvanas? Maybe two of the three new ones will be something similar.
Maybe they will rehash them and make them lvl 85 dungeons.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

don't be silly, there aren't any trolls in there!

they'll rehash Zul Farrak
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

>_> <_< i wouldnt mind a rehash of ZF.....

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

How many bosses did Zul Farrak have ?
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kayb »

mmm 3 or 4 i think

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Kayb wrote:mmm 3 or 4 i think
9 bosses actually.

http://www.wowhead.com/zone=1176

Antu'sul
Theka the Martyr
Witch Doctor Zum'rah
Nekrum Gutchewer
Hydromancer Velrath
Gahz'rilla
Shadowpriest Sezz'ziz
Ruuzlu
Chief Ukorz Sandscalp
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kayb »

nine bosses in heroic mode, ech, no thanks! they'd be better off turning it into a raid, and i reeeeeeeeally hope they never ever do that.

i'm really very surprised they didn't retire or at least rehash any classic dungeons outside of deadmines and SFK. I would have thought they'd update the stories for them as well as the rest of the world

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Void Storage costs WAY THE HELL too damn much. I made a post on the general forums (it's here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... age=15#296 ) but... seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Yeah. No. Unless it's less than 10g/item at MOST... I'll just keep crap in my bank, thanks.

Asking me to pay over 2000g just to pull out and put back my RP sets? No. Not a chance.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Okay, Imma add an idea here for a heroic dungeon..
Heroic Stockades. I've been bugging my guild with questions on heroics, and one thing we've all said is: Heroic Hogger/Stockades. I mean, who WOULDN'T want to kill Hogger on heroic mode xD

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Nachtwulf wrote:Void Storage costs too much. Unless it's less than 10g/item ... I'll just keep crap in my bank, thanks.
Asking me to pay over 2000g just to pull out and put back my RP sets? No.
Void Storage is designed for long-term storage, not for things you'll be using regularly.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Define 'long term storage'. And anyway, even if it's something I don't plan to touch for even six months, that's still thousands upon thousands of gold for the initial storage fees. AND I have to fork out thousands just to get it back that one time I want to get at it.

Still too expensive.

In addition, they've said specifically it's supposed to "work with" transmog. So since you've gone to all the effort of setting up a set you plan to use as your trans set, why in god's name would you willingly add 200+ gold to whatever they're already going to charge for transmog, just to grab out the one piece that you're changing your new gear to and then putting it back? It defeats the purpose, unless there's people out there so stinking, filthy rich that they don't even care. Tell you what, instead of wasting your gold on this ill-conceived project, just give it to me. I can use it.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I do think charging only for deposit, rather than both deposit and retrieval, would be more reasonable. And I'd be more comfortable with a 50g price point, rather than 100g.

I understand this is being used as a gold sink, but for that to work, it has to be made attractive enough that people will use it.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Kayb wrote:don't be silly, there aren't any trolls in there!

they'll rehash Zul Farrak
If they ever, EVER do to ZF what they did to Sunken Temple, I'll leave, no matter what. ZF is the last remaining decent length Dungeon that required any sort of organization to get through... Pretty much all other Vanilla/low level dungeons are completely linear now, and it's bull crap. I like running ZF, as well as when I could run Old Sunken Temple... *sigh* But alas, no more, b/c ST just HAD to be redone too...

Just Saying....

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Void Storage is also a good gold sink. I like it. I can keep all my crap from X-mas and acrh in there.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

@Nachtwulf

Any items in the Void Storage can be used in Transmogrification if I'm reading it right, so you don't need to worry about paying to take stuff out. Sides it's used for long term as in "crap you aren't using anymore but you want to still keep it safe" kinda way. Keep the RP gear where you need it and keep the other stuff in Void Storage. Be wise of how you use it.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

No, if you read the blue posts carefully, they state you have to remove the items in order to be able to transmogrify them. If you could just stuff things in there and transmog could access them... well, it'd still be heinously expensive, but at least there'd be a reason.

You don't need to place an item in Void Storage in order to use it for Transmogrification. The systems are completely separate. They're designed to complement one another, but not require each other.

I point to "The systems are completely separate."

I'm pretty sure I saw a more specific reference to pulling things out to access transmogrification but I can't seem to locate it right now (MMOC keeps shuffling things.) Anyway, 'completely separate' to me seems to state fairly clearly that transmog cannot directly access items in void storage. Also, the screen shots of transmog indicate the gear has to be in your bags.

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Ah, thank you for clearing that up for me. I was a bit confused to be honest. C: