Half man half cat druid

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Half man half cat druid

Unread post by Lupis »

PorrasouxRex wrote:So stupid question, but by "non-damaging" druid spells, we can't use any attacks on anyone in this badass form? Or only things like rake, claw, shred? Obviously we can still heal ourselves.
I think it means we can use all Cat form abilities + all non-damaging out-of-form abilities. So we can cast things like Hibernate, heals, etc in cat-man form.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Aleu wrote:
SpiritBinder wrote:Celestalon has confirmed that they will move on all fours, have a variety of clawing attacks and...

Tiger ---> Troll
Leopard ---> Worgen
Lion ---> Tauren
Panther ---> Nightelf.

but would like to expand on these limited choices in the future.

Joking aside, I need to turn my Night Elf druid into a Worgen sometime. 83

PS. I found that gif on Tumblr. Teehee.
My realm crz with Goldshore-Moonguard.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

op updated with vid link.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

pop wrote: My realm crz with Goldshore-Moonguard.
???.... I thought you didn't play?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

That's really cool. Only thing is they should be walking upright, in my opinion. Even if something is feral and #savage, unless they are using dash or something they should walk/run while on two-legs.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

PorrasouxRex wrote:That's really cool. Only thing is they should be walking upright, in my opinion. Even if something is feral and #savage, unless they are using dash or something they should walk/run while on two-legs.
For me its the tail that is the worst offender, it unnaturally sticks up and out at all times, looking at it from behind (As you would view if your controlling) while walking looks very odd IMO.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I agree with you both PR and SB. The constant crouch was ................meh.

The unruly tail is a little annoying but kind of cat like. I know my cat's tail has a mind of it's own. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

i think they should stay crounched while attacking and running. It is a feral talent and not walking upright gives it a more ferocious look. even though the head is placed wrong when its on all fours.... and the tail. so stiff.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

SpiritBinder wrote:
pop wrote: My realm crz with Goldshore-Moonguard.
???.... I thought you didn't play?
Wyrmrest Accord is home.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I've seen this in game but wowhead viewer makes it easier to point out

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

The constant crouching position is a big turn-off…

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I suspect they'll fix a few of the model bugs- it reminds me of early Pandaren Phoenixes, with their stiff cardboard tails. Hopefully, because this cat-man is technically a player character model, they'll make the tail a bit more swooshy and active! ...And fix that neck.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

...weird bugs aside it's gonna have to be something REAL upsetting to turn me off from MANWERECATS

My primalist druid is gonna be SO PSYCHED if only I could get the snow leopard skin for her
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm kind of hoping they let us choose the color with glyphs or something like that. "Glyph of the Mountain Lion", "Glyph of the Snow Leopard", "Glyph of the Tiger", "Glyph of the Panther" - something like that.

The only issue is that they'd have weird race restrictions! (Also druids have 949403 minor glyphs already so it would be impossible to choose)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I think it's likely that glyph of... the master shapeshifter? camoflage? I totally forget the name, but the glyph that sets your feral forms' fur colour randomly when you shapeshift will also be made to affect manbearcat form. Which'll be nice, cos I really like the snow leopard version but my "main" druid has to stay a night elf for nostalgia (and monetary) reasons, haha :(
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

If I end up doing arenas on my druid, I might take it. And I prefer crouched to upright. It's a feral cat with the ability to stand up and heal, not a healer with the ability to scratch and bite. But for pve, I'm probably going to stick with the other two talents. It seems a little peculiar to me that they're adding in a on-demand hybrid talent for druids, which will either take extra effort to balance the second role (or go improperly balanced), but they're removing an on-demand hybrid glyph for warlocks because it would take too much effort to balance the second role.

Since this is a hunter forum, I'd ask if we'd still be able to scare beast them, but that's being removed. So... uh... can we beast lore them still?
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

So another question. Will the fire seed in firelands that turns you into a fire cat over-write the talent, or vice versa? Also, why is this talent more popular for PvP?
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Maybe you turn into a flaming werecat...that would be super!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

PorrasouxRex wrote:Also, why is this talent more popular for PvP?
The other talents for Feral druids are very much damage based- the first one giving us a powerful DoT, and the second increasing our damage when we cast certain spells. Both are likely to provide strong DPS boosts for raiding and boss battles, where you're being healed and keeping yourself alive and full of utility isn't top priority.

This talent, however, offers almost nothing when it comes to DPS- all you get is non-damaging spells. It's very unlikely that it will provide a lot of DPS, so it won't be terribly useful for raids. After all, what's the point of being able to heal yourself while in cat form when there are already designated healers doing that for you? But in PvP, you often find yourself alone or without a healer- and having access to all your utility spells + heals while still doing your kitty form damage will be very useful indeed. The extra dps you lose from not taking the other talents might be made up for by the utility that this talent gives.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:Also, why is this talent more popular for PvP?
The other talents for Feral druids are very much damage based- the first one giving us a powerful DoT, and the second increasing our damage when we cast certain spells. Both are likely to provide strong DPS boosts for raiding and boss battles, where you're being healed and keeping yourself alive and full of utility isn't top priority.

This talent, however, offers almost nothing when it comes to DPS- all you get is non-damaging spells. It's very unlikely that it will provide a lot of DPS, so it won't be terribly useful for raids. After all, what's the point of being able to heal yourself while in cat form when there are already designated healers doing that for you? But in PvP, you often find yourself alone or without a healer- and having access to all your utility spells + heals while still doing your kitty form damage will be very useful indeed. The extra dps you lose from not taking the other talents might be made up for by the utility that this talent gives.
The almost nothing it provides will be from versatility's 5% increased damage (or whatever versatility percent they end up with). Also less damage taken and more healing taken (and more healing done). Because of that and the healing spell utility, it should (ideally) be tuned to be a smaller damage increase than an adequately played Bloodtalons or Lunar inspiration (especially on movement fights).