Predict the Hunter Pets of the Next Expansion!

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Predict the Hunter Pets of the Next Expansion!

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

For spirit beast I'm more hoping for a spirit moose! I'm mean we've waited since wraith for a moose, so why not a spirit one?

And I humbly agree less transparent spirit beasts and maybe more non wolf/cat ones.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I'd love some wolverine pets. I've wanted them from the start. I hoped in Northrend but we got the retarded Wolvar instead.

I'd love a weasel family. Wolverines, Ferrets, weasels, badgers. You could even give the Ferrets, and weasels 6 legs or something to "Wow" them up. But it'd be a fun family. Sadly I don't 'expect' them, but a guy can hope.

I'm fine with spirit beasts. they're not 'ALL' cats, or wolves. We've got crabs, we've got birds, we've got bears. They just load them towarde the more popular pets. How many people do you see actually running around with... a croc? Not many, or a windserpent? not many, or a snake? not many. But you see cats and wolves and bears all the time.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Lupen202 wrote: I just think it'd be awesome getting more opaque spirit beasts with those glowing blue eyes, mouth and markings.
For being the first spirit beast, Loque really set the standard high. Maybe one day we will get this again!
SetsunaChan wrote:For spirit beast I'm more hoping for a spirit moose!

I'm more hoping for a spirit moose!

hoping for a spirit moose!

spirit moose
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Dunno if anyone else here will be at the Con, but I assume we'll have playable beta there, so I'll do my exploration and report in as much as I can. Dunno if they'll let me take pics this time.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
I'm fine with spirit beasts. they're not 'ALL' cats, or wolves. We've got crabs, we've got birds, we've got bears. They just load them towarde the more popular pets. How many people do you see actually running around with... a croc? Not many, or a windserpent? not many, or a snake? not many. But you see cats and wolves and bears all the time.
Windserpents are actually one of my favorites. So are hawks, teroclaws, devilsaurs... but rarely are their buffs needed and the Spirit beast's heal is so useful when questing. So I never really get the chance to use some of my favorites.

We have so many cat and wolf spirit beasts I think they can afford to do something more unique for once. If people like wolves theres Karoma, gara, skoll. If people want cats, there's Loque, Magria, etc. We don't need more.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Slickrock

I want a few rares. Not trick rares, not 2 hour rares. Real rares. 56 hour rares. Doesn't have to be a lot of them, but 2 or 3 would be fantastic.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Have we had a real long rare spawn pet since the implementation of cross realm, hopping realms and stuff? Don't think we have. I know the general effect it has on open tag rares that drop mounts, but wonder how it would change the face of the camp. I miss an occasional camp myself.
Slickrock

Oh, for new pets? Considering Elven lore and whatnot.. I assume we'll see various stags, owls, and similar.
Slickrock

Quivering wrote:Have we had a real long rare spawn pet since the implementation of cross realm, hopping realms and stuff? Don't think we have. I know the general effect it has on open tag rares that drop mounts, but wonder how it would change the face of the camp. I miss an occasional camp myself.
We haven't since Cata. MoP had the tracking ones, which was nice. But they didn't keep up with those.

With the new realm hopping tools, things would be different.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I don't want a long spawn timer one. I hate those, even still today. All of my hunter buddies on multiple realms hate them too and never want them again. Most hunters in WHU hate them too cause all it's ever done is cause grief.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I honestly wouldn't mind some real rares either, in combination with some track tames like we had in MoP.

I remember camping hours for Loque but I didn't mind it any. Rares like that are one of the things that really keep me interested in the game when I'm done with everything else. The adrenaline rush when it finally spawns... Despite that horrid feeling when you miss the spawn or when you feel like you've camped forever, I have nothing but fond memories looking back on when I caught Loque or the mounts like TLPD.

I know not everyone likes them, but no one is forcing you to camp. But if you do and you manage to finally tame that pet it's so rewarding. I know it'd never be the same when you can realm hop, but I'd still like to see them make a comeback. Even if it's only 6-12 hours.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Slickrock

Lupen202 wrote:I honestly wouldn't mind some real rares either, in combination with some track tames like we had in MoP.

I remember camping hours for Loque but I didn't mind it any. Rares like that are one of the things that really keep me interested in the game when I'm done with everything else. The adrenaline rush when it finally spawns... Despite that horrid feeling when you miss the spawn or when you feel like you've camped forever, I have nothing but fond memories looking back on when I caught Loque or the mounts like TLPD.

I know not everyone likes them, but no one is forcing you to camp. But if you do and you manage to finally tame that pet it's so rewarding. I know it'd never be the same when you can realm hop, but I'd still like to see them make a comeback. Even if it's only 6-12 hours.
This.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I really hate that "but no one is forcing you to camp" argument. It's such a slippery slope, imho. Yes, someone is forcing me to camp. Blizzard is because there isn't an alternative. Now if they brought back camps, I'd like it for one condition.....do it like Madexx. Give a rare spawn, but let there be common counterparts somewhere else for those of us who don't wanna camp/can't camp cause we have lives outside of WoW that don't give us that chance to camp. Those who want the rare can go have fun camping for it. Those who don't wanna waste their time or can't camp can still get the pet of their dreams via common counterpart. Win/Win.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

What's wrong with the tracking rares? They have a respawn time, but unless you pull an old-school camp, you only spend time hunting when you see the tracks (which means the rare is already up).

It's a lot more immersive, and you're only competing against other hunters who wish to tame it, instead of anyone who sees a silver dragon portrait and mashes their face on their keyboard.

Still much greater challenge than the WoD "handout" vignette-rares, but much more exciting overall. With a 2-3 hour respawn timer, you really shouldn't have trouble taming one of these within the first week or two of the expansion's release.

I'd also love combination track/challenge tames... once you find it, you have to overcome some special mechanic or strategy.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Agreed, I still think the tracks thing was probably the cleverest taming trick of all time. I know they like to mix it up, and variety is good, but I'd love to see this happen again.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Ehh. Maybe I'm the odd one out, but camping hunts and what not, were just annoying to me. It wasn't really a test of skill. Just patience and lack of need to do other things as you waited hours and hours for a spawn and prayed some other guy that just flew up 10 seconds ago didn't tame it first, or kill it as you tryed to tame it.

The tracks were kinda neat, but they were linked to timers and such too.

I actually preferred the Gara thing, where there was questing and a purpose behind it all.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Junrei wrote:I really hate that "but no one is forcing you to camp" argument. It's such a slippery slope, imho. Yes, someone is forcing me to camp. Blizzard is because there isn't an alternative. Now if they brought back camps, I'd like it for one condition.....do it like Madexx. Give a rare spawn, but let there be common counterparts somewhere else for those of us who don't wanna camp/can't camp cause we have lives outside of WoW that don't give us that chance to camp. Those who want the rare can go have fun camping for it. Those who don't wanna waste their time or can't camp can still get the pet of their dreams via common counterpart. Win/Win.
But by putting rare spawns in, Blizzard isn't forcing you to camp them. You can choose whether you camp them or not and for how long. But if you want the reward it's expected of you to put in some effort even if it's realm hopping for a couple minutes everyday. It's not like a rare pet or mount is a necessity, it's a cosmetic reward for people who choose to put in the work to get it. (Or those lucky ones who just stumble upon it) Not everything in the game needs to be available to everyone nor easy to get...

And there would be no point camping a rare if there's a common counterpart. If two pets share the look, everyone would just tame the common one? It doesn't make much sense to put in the time and effort to camp something if there's an easier alternative.

There are just some things we all have to accept we will never get or will get only if we put in some serious effort. For example I'm not comfortable doing challenge modes this expansion and quite frankly don't feel like putting in the effort, so I will never get the yeti mount. That's my choice, and that's fine. Blizz isn't forcing me, as a mount collector, to do the challenge modes.

For the record, I like the track tames better and I would like to see more questlines like Gara's, but I'm just saying that throwing in one rare like Loque or Karoma to give a bit of variety wouldn't hurt for those who do like the challenge.

edit; grammar
Last edited by Lupen202 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I expect they're going to establish something to stop 'Realm hopping' soon. There's alot of abuse going on with it.

Slickrock

Junrei wrote:I really hate that "but no one is forcing you to camp" argument. It's such a slippery slope, imho. Yes, someone is forcing me to camp. Blizzard is because there isn't an alternative. Now if they brought back camps, I'd like it for one condition.....do it like Madexx. Give a rare spawn, but let there be common counterparts somewhere else for those of us who don't wanna camp/can't camp cause we have lives outside of WoW that don't give us that chance to camp. Those who want the rare can go have fun camping for it. Those who don't wanna waste their time or can't camp can still get the pet of their dreams via common counterpart. Win/Win.
I think we have this argument every year, and the same cases are stated.

You feel that if a pet is put in game you are forced to tame it, and I want something that's rare that requires some time and effort.

/shrug
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I'm pretty zen about rare spawns; I don't camp, but I usually find what I'm looking for eventually by just checking periodically. I'd personally LOVE to see the tracking rares like the ones in MoP come back. I had so much fun following the little footie prints and taming each one. Was a wonderfully immersive challenge. Add the chance of a different color on each spawn and you have me hooked.