Blizzard blog on Gnome hunter and confirming mech pets!

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Blizzard blog on Gnome hunter and confirming mech pets!

Unread post by Quiv »

Does Beastmastery get access to Flare (and Freezing Trap/Hunter's Mark) so they can tame these? Theyve changed the toolkit for the specs around.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Quiv wrote:Does Beastmastery get access to Flare (and Freezing Trap/Hunter's Mark) so they can tame these? Theyve changed the toolkit for the specs around.
They have flare, but not Freezing Trap. Gonna make it rather difficult. May be worth switching to Surv before going out to hunt for these guys I guess. :/
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Funny how things have come full circle. You have to go BM hunter to tame exotics and now you'll have to go not-BM to tame other sorts of challenge pets.

Kind of neat, actually, especially since it'll also be easier to have that extra spec slot come Legion, right?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Bambu wrote:
Quiv wrote:Does Beastmastery get access to Flare (and Freezing Trap/Hunter's Mark) so they can tame these? Theyve changed the toolkit for the specs around.
They have flare, but not Freezing Trap. Gonna make it rather difficult. May be worth switching to Surv before going out to hunt for these guys I guess. :/
That's definitely a temporary solution for these mech pets, but what about any exotic/tracking tames? Such as Portent; you'd need to be BM to tame him, since he's exotic, but if you can only get Freezing Trap in SV.... wouldn't ones like Portent just wander off?

Or does Hunter's Mark help with that? Because I honestly can't remember. XD

But curious because if Hunter's Mark just fades, leaving us to rely on Flare + Freezing Trap combo, then what would future BM Hunters do if they want to tame a 'skill-tame' exotic where Freezing Trap would be required?

Kalliope

Rikaku wrote:
Bambu wrote:
That's definitely a temporary solution for these mech pets, but what about any exotic/tracking tames? Such as Portent; you'd need to be BM to tame him, since he's exotic, but if you can only get Freezing Trap in SV.... wouldn't ones like Portent just wander off?

Or does Hunter's Mark help with that? Because I honestly can't remember. XD

But curious because if Hunter's Mark just fades, leaving us to rely on Flare + Freezing Trap combo, then what would future BM Hunters do if they want to tame a 'skill-tame' exotic where Freezing Trap would be required?
When it comes to the MoP rares, flare/freeze trap works OR flare/hunter's mark works (provided that the mark works like it did before). The trap or the mark takes care of the invisibility problem. You don't need both. Again, that's assuming that hunter's mark will last a reasonable amount of time as it did before. The mark would last for five whole minutes and could be refreshed, which made "hanging out" with the MoP beasties possible. (I actually cringed a bit when I heard about the mechanic change in WoD. My videos would never have been possible without hunter's mark.)

YouTube Edition

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I only ever used freezing trap, so I don't know if binding shot and wyvern string work. Of course, back in LK, King Krush was immune to freezing trap, and frequently cast fear. I had to stack haste to get the tame off in between fears, and hired a healer (conveniently also the same person who spotted Krush). For pets that pat out of a flare, you'd have to know the path, flare in front of it, and get the tame off before it exited.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Kalliope wrote: (I actually cringed a bit when I heard about the mechanic change in WoD. My videos would never have been possible without hunter's mark.)
This is really my main concern with Flare. With out, making a map of their path will be extremely tedious. Not impossible, just mind numbing, and prone to much error. Or maybe they are all like Bombyx and just roam wherever the !@#$ they please :lol:
Kalliope

Quiv wrote:
Kalliope wrote: (I actually cringed a bit when I heard about the mechanic change in WoD. My videos would never have been possible without hunter's mark.)
This is really my main concern with Flare. With out, making a map of their path will be extremely tedious. Not impossible, just mind numbing, and prone to much error. Or maybe they are all like Bombyx and just roam wherever the !@#$ they please :lol:
Honestly, getting a true proper route without hunter's mark is difficult because of the delay on flare combined with the beast's walking speed. Unless these new ones move a lot slower, that's going to be considerably more challenging.

YouTube Edition

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Xota wrote:Of course, back in LK, King Krush was immune to freezing trap, and frequently cast fear. I had to stack haste to get the tame off in between fears, and hired a healer (conveniently also the same person who spotted Krush).
Ah good times, good times. :P

The original "trick" tame. Sort of. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Kalliope wrote:Honestly, getting a true proper route without hunter's mark is difficult because of the delay on flare combined with the beast's walking speed. Unless these new ones move a lot slower, that's going to be considerably more challenging.
Absolutely. Patrannache's path was rough enough with flare. I understand the current design is that MM Arcane Shot has a chance to apply a 12 second Hunter's Mak so we could hit them with Arcane Shots and hope to apply the Mark (assuming it even reveals stealth anymore because I'm not sure it does). Of course you'd risk killing it.

It looks like SV will be the way to go for mapping their paths (it fits the theme too, FWIW). It has a lot more slows and snares available, and the traps are supposed to have a much shorter CD. Without the long term exposing mark, its definitely gonna be a headache, but I'd be up for the challenge if I were fortunate enough to get in somehow. Mapping on live is possible I guess, but my realm is high pop and full of jerks soooooo...

Edit: I also hope the new ones don't have the phasing issues that goofed with Glimmer's path.
zedxrgal wrote:
Xota wrote:Of course, back in LK, King Krush was immune to freezing trap, and frequently cast fear. I had to stack haste to get the tame off in between fears, and hired a healer (conveniently also the same person who spotted Krush).
Ah good times, good times. :P

The original "trick" tame. Sort of. :lol:
I forgot all about this! I remember paying a lucky priest in the zone a hefty sum of gold for Fear Ward (or whatever it was called).
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bambu »

Hehe, just found that Bamm Megabomb and a gnome outside Trueshot Lodge have some banter concerning Rush and Treble saying how they "made the camouflage module too effective" and stuff. :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bambu wrote:Hehe, just found that Bamm Megabomb and a gnome outside Trueshot Lodge have some banter concerning Rush and Treble saying how they "made the camouflage module too effective" and stuff. :lol:
Yeah, are the names of the chatting NPCs related to the Mega Man game as well?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I was leveling a lowbie preist yesterday and ran into Optimo. I got so excited my guildies were like :?
Cannot wait. Already have my girl's name save too!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bambu »

Wain wrote: Yeah, are the names of the chatting NPCs related to the Mega Man game as well?
Pretty sure they aren't. Bamm Megabomb is the Goblin starting zone hunter trainer. Would have to be some AMAZING foresight.