Legion Pre Patch

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Araucaria
Realm: Ghostlands

Re: Legion Pre Patch

Unread post by Araucaria »

In an expansion so very dedicated to transmog, one would think they'd like to add a mount to match as many outfits as possible. Maybe they could use the recolors in a similar way as the different Artifact wep reforges, once you have the "basic" model, you have to complete said achiev / dungeon while in possession of that mount in order to get a recolor.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Araucaria wrote:In an expansion so very dedicated to transmog, one would think they'd like to add a mount to match as many outfits as possible.
I've always thought it would be nice if the fairy dragon mount had the option to choose a particular one of the colors in addition to the default of rotating through them all.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I think I missed something here. Is Blizzard not going to add any more mount recolors because of the WoD backlash?
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

So many people whined about the ten million boar and wolf recolors we got that Blizzard took the complaints to mean that people didn't want ANY recolors... When that's simply not the case.

Of course, there aren't zero recolors in Legion; the prestige mounts for example have two colors, and there are three new moose. But compared to other expansions, especially Mists, the amount actually implemented is abysmal. There are just so many beautiful unused looks.

I know people (including myself) tried to dispel a bit of the misconception on Twitter, but only time will tell if they'll change their mind & gradually add some of the missing colors/looks in in future patches.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Classic Blizzard lightswitch mentality.

"These dailies are so boring!" -> Hardly any dailies until the final patch in WoD

"I hate having to grind rep for useful items!" -> Reps are simple grinds for vanity rewards in WoD

"LFR is too hard!" -> LFR is a brainless "tourist mode" in WoD

Now...

"I'm sick of these boar recolors!" -> 90% of mount recolors done away with

The issue was not how many recolors there were, but how they were obtained. Unlike nearly every other expansion, instead of having a "boar faction", a "rylak faction", a "talbuk faction", a "wolf faction", etc. All factions rewarded different looks of boars/wolves/talbuks/etc, making them feel like recycled rewards.

Nobody will complain if a single faction is offering a choice of 5 stormdrake colors instead of one. People will complain if every single faction awards 3 stormdrake colors instead of properly dividing all the cool new Legion mounts.
Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

storm drakes might get held back like netherdrakes were, they're interesting enough for that. Felbats... i'd save 'em for a raid boss/achievement later on in a demon-themed area. maybe a rare drop from the mom-bat, or a rep reward for a illidari led strike against a leigon held world.

maybe we'll have to kill both the mom and dad felbat while avoiding the exploding ground aoe and do the entire encounter while being buffed by Elune's blessing /jk.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

My thoughts exactly Equeon, and hopefully the feedback FOR recolors does get them to add quite a few of the mounts back in in future patches Chaix. Maybe when the factions get turned on (because I believe they aren't available at launch?) we'll get some mounts added to the vendors as well. Because it's very odd there are 0 faction mounts.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Lupen202 wrote:My thoughts exactly Equeon, and hopefully the feedback FOR recolors does get them to add quite a few of the mounts back in in future patches Chaix. Maybe when the factions get turned on (because I believe they aren't available at launch?) we'll get some mounts added to the vendors as well. Because it's very odd there are 0 faction mounts.
If you're referring to the rep factions, they are available immediately. Can gain rep with them as you do quests whilst lvling up, just as always :)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Just remember, those of us who are on the EU servers:

Pre-patch is a day later for us.

So when you update your Add-ons, do so only *after* the patch falls and not the day before, because most of them will be for the Pre-patch world.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

There are a lot of unused recolors (such as moose) and even straight up skins (the plain versions of the storm dragon) that could be implemented, but seeing how so many mount variants sit unused (skyscreamers and dread ravens especially), I don't have my hopes up. Look how long it took for the pink/purple hippogryph to make it in, and even that seems to be the exception.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:
Lupen202 wrote:My thoughts exactly Equeon, and hopefully the feedback FOR recolors does get them to add quite a few of the mounts back in in future patches Chaix. Maybe when the factions get turned on (because I believe they aren't available at launch?) we'll get some mounts added to the vendors as well. Because it's very odd there are 0 faction mounts.
If you're referring to the rep factions, they are available immediately. Can gain rep with them as you do quests whilst lvling up, just as always :)
Ah I thought I read they weren't available during the first week, but it could be people just spreading rumors or something else entirely.

Even more odd we haven't seen any faction mounts, then...

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It is odd, though I guess Blizz doesn't intend for there to be any this time around.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

To no ones surprise, Oxen and Scalehides went live with no basic attack.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Tis broke, :lol: :mrgreen:

Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

Quiv wrote:To no ones surprise, Oxen and Scalehides went live with no basic attack.
I'm extremely disappointed. They were the pets I was most excited for (including legion only pets) and I can't do anything useful with them without severely gimping myself.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary