NEW PTR build 9-23

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
SpacemaNxSPIFF
Realm: Malorne

Re: NEW PTR build 9-23

Unread post by SpacemaNxSPIFF »

yea im just bien nitpicky about the 5 focus :P, the heal is worth way more than minor dps :P

Anansi i see what your saying but as you said if you never hit full focus, your not losing dps, which i meant but didn't clarify earlier so my bad. its like runic power for DKs or rage or energy more specifically. its weird to explain theory wise, so i won't get into that. the "rotation" i mentioned, although not really a set thing, is much easier than sneaking in ArcS when possible, because basically as long as you use it before you cap, in the long run its not wasted. yea this is over long boss fights not trash or soloing etc., and theres slight differences per spec, but it follows the same rule. i tried doing both methods and got steadier dps with the way i explained, but yea BM is still 8k and mm is around 7k for me, with no CDs. imp ss was up almost the whole time.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Taluwen wrote:
Gimlion wrote:
SpacemaNxSPIFF wrote: P.S.S. I really hope that 5 focus on Spirit Mend doesn't stick. If anything I hope they remove it and nerf the heal itself instead. It's no longer a smart heal so it'll be manually cast if you want to maximize dps on your pet, since focus cost does add up. It makes the heal less useful and clunky. Either you leave it on for a slight dps loss or u manually cast for situational use. I personally think that a small smart heal that doesn't trade slight dps is the perfect iteration of a non-OP useful SB ability, but again that's just me and I do understand why theyd implement a trade of dps for heals. As it stands SB may be stabled for another expansion.
I agree. I'd rather have a slightly smaller smart heal (even with focus), than a slightly larger manual heal (or random heal).
From a few players in beta, that 5 focus isnt even noticed when its used so really you wont notice it, like it costs nothing and regenerating focus isnt hard.
But Idc about the focus cost much. My problem is that I'll have trouble manually healing someone with my pets ability, so even if it was a slightly smaller heal, I'd rather have it being a smart heal, than what it is right now.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

It's a smart heal now cause it goes off on its own if you have it activated. O_o; just like Growl.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

With the minor buffs in the recent beta patch, it's clear they are still going back and forth, but might be getting closer..
Account has been closed at user's request.
Highwind
Realm: Burning Legion

Unread post by Highwind »

The most interesting thing in these Beta notes for me was this:
Warrior - Protection
* Intervene no longer has a 8 yards minimum range.

If they are tweaking the intervene precedent that Warriors laid down then I am hopeful that Hunter pets will get our intervene updated to reflect it as well. This is important because our pets are harder to control in the sense of movement and targeted skills (like using it on group members) then a Warrior being in full control of their distance relative to their target. Updating ours to 25 yards with no minimum range would be a great quality life change for pet utility.

Let me know what you think, I know I am going to report the issue in game and likely make some forum posts.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Highwind wrote:The most interesting thing in these Beta notes for me was this:
Warrior - Protection
* Intervene no longer has a 8 yards minimum range.

If they are tweaking the intervene precedent that Warriors laid down then I am hopeful that Hunter pets will get our intervene updated to reflect it as well. This is important because our pets are harder to control in the sense of movement and targeted skills (like using it on group members) then a Warrior being in full control of their distance relative to their target. Updating ours to 25 yards with no minimum range would be a great quality life change for pet utility.

Let me know what you think, I know I am going to report the issue in game and likely make some forum posts.
Oh thank god.

I just got out of an instance where I kept trying to intervene people who were in top of me, but who nonetheless needed coverage. >_<

I certainly hope hunter pet intervene will change as well; setup in duels used to be a pain in the butt because of that minimum range...

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!