Female worgen models updated - 10/17/10

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Female worgen models updated - 10/17/10

Unread post by Rhyela »

Taluwen wrote:Only thing I ask is this -- What is wrong with a model thats sexy? What is wrong with being attractive? Why can't you be sexy and still kick ass at the same time?

In my opinion, I like the sexy female worgen. I want her to be appealing to eye as well as being able to kick someones ass. The fuzzy Fem Fatale, if you will.

I mean, look at Black Widow from Marvel Comics. She's sexy but she'll hand your ass to you. So would most females from Marvel comics. They're attractive and kick butt. Thats what the ladies are kinda famous for. So why can't we have that with the worgen? Why is that a crime?
I think it's just the general consensus that a worgen is visceral, ferocious, feral. They care less about their outfits and hairstyles and more about gutting something. Even if they are human deep down, that's just the image Blizzard has given us of the worgen thus far. They aren't sexy, they're terrifying, something (literally) out of a nightmare. I just can't see them parading around in anything that even remotely echoes "sexy". That could just be my personal opinion. But if I want to play a sexy female, I'm going to play a blood elf or something like that. But when I play a worgen, male or female, I want to look like the Horde's worst nightmare, not like a page out of Playboy. :)

I suppose I think about Duskwood. I think about the questline for Jitters. I picture glowing red eyes peering soullessly at you in the black tunnels of Duskwood. I picture the monsters that chased me on my poor horse through Grizzly Hills. I think of how they wanted me to skin, yes, SKIN, orcs. I don't care if they are females with teats. They are supposed to have a terrifying appearance that chills you to the bone. This is just one of those races where no, I do not believe they should be anything that could be described as "sexy". And if anyone tries to call my worgen sexy, I'll kill them where they stand. >=D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rhyela wrote:
Taluwen wrote:Only thing I ask is this -- What is wrong with a model thats sexy? What is wrong with being attractive? Why can't you be sexy and still kick ass at the same time?

In my opinion, I like the sexy female worgen. I want her to be appealing to eye as well as being able to kick someones ass. The fuzzy Fem Fatale, if you will.

I mean, look at Black Widow from Marvel Comics. She's sexy but she'll hand your ass to you. So would most females from Marvel comics. They're attractive and kick butt. Thats what the ladies are kinda famous for. So why can't we have that with the worgen? Why is that a crime?
I think it's just the general consensus that a worgen is visceral, ferocious, feral. They care less about their outfits and hairstyles and more about gutting something. Even if they are human deep down, that's just the image Blizzard has given us of the worgen thus far. They aren't sexy, they're terrifying, something (literally) out of a nightmare. I just can't see them parading around in anything that even remotely echoes "sexy". That could just be my personal opinion. But if I want to play a sexy female, I'm going to play a blood elf or something like that. But when I play a worgen, male or female, I want to look like the Horde's worst nightmare, not like a page out of Playboy. :)
Understandable, though it'd be funny to give your enemy the puppy eyes, swooning them.....then proceeded to rip them apart cause they're under your spell. XD

Though we do have to remember, these arent the worgen in the woods. These are in-control worgen so I think to a degree, they would care about their appearance a little atleast.

I'm not saying for them to be overly sexy or foxy. I'd like them to have some sort of appeal though.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Rhyela's summation is my train of thought as well. There's already female Draenei on the Alliance side for the attractive, non-human race. The entire attitude and portrayal of Worgen does not lend itself to any sort of glorified sex appeal in my opinion. I think the Alliance could use a feral race that leans away from the general mood of the rest of their races.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Personally, I think it's damn sexy to have a wild, ferocious, out-of-control beast of a woman kicking ass. ... *cough* Uhm, anyway. I have two worgen in mind, a warrior and a warlock. In my mind, both reflect aspects of the whole "not quite a beast but..." feel of the race - the warrior is in-your-face and wild, the first to charge in, protective of her pack, etc... the warlock is very cunning, cursing as she was cursed. I dunno, I think the wild, feral, and beastly look suits the personality of a character that's cursed to no longer be quite human quite well. Sexy, I say! :lol:

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

The female worgen are a little too "tidy" thus far. They don't have the out of control animal feel of the male worgen. They can still be sexy, but they need to be WILD sexy. IMO, anyway. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

So, I was lookin at them, and I think they way to make them more sexy wild is to let them hunch their backs and give them more of a crouch, like the males have. Sor far, the biggest point of contention for me is in their feet. Look at the feet. They have sock feet, like cat druids do. That's not scary. That's ADORABLE.

There needs to be more a bony definition in the hands and feet, to give them more of a claw-like appearance. I think that coupled with the crouch would be the way to go.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Sarayana

I just really want less of a tiny waist and smaller breasts. If they fix that, I'm happy. :lol: I agree that a leaner look would make them feel more wild, and if they do go that far with the tweaks I'll be dancing a happydance, but just... enough with the "bimbo proportions."

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Kalliope wrote:They don't have the out of control animal feel of the male worgen. They can still be sexy, but they need to be WILD sexy. IMO, anyway. :D
Cue "Female worgens gone wild" videos... *sigh*
I'm glad I'm horde so I don't have to worry about this model too much!
Kalliope

Anyia wrote:
Kalliope wrote:They don't have the out of control animal feel of the male worgen. They can still be sexy, but they need to be WILD sexy. IMO, anyway. :D
Cue "Female worgens gone wild" videos... *sigh*
If they keep these implants...

YouTube Edition

Necrie
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Necrie »

I'm looking for some honest opinions on this. :) Not trying to start anything.
Absolutely nothing is wrong with female worgen being sexy. My issue is that their body type looks absolutely terrible compared to the male worgen. Can someone in beta post some idle pics of a male worgen and another of a female worgen ? just standing around ? If you compare the two, the male looks more feral. The female looks.... docile. Oh sure, the face has a snarl, but from what I've seen the body language doesn't match. And the huge boobs don't fit with a lupine body. Athletic ones, sure, but think about how awful it'd be running on all 4's (since the worgen can forgo using a mount) with those mammaries swinging in the breeze ! OUCH !

Reguarding Black Widow, I'm not really familiar with her. So I did a google image search for Marvel Black Widow. I'm not really seeing how she relates. She looks human in all those pics.

Now, admittedly, I've got some preconceptions. Anyone here ever play White Wolf's book based RPG Werewolf: The Apocalypse ? Now THAT book has it right ! Their female form werewolves were Feral and Feminine. They were really well balanced. I can say with no embarrassment that some of the female werewolves pics in there were down right hot !

frig... now I want to go dig through my old RPG book chest and see if I still have it somewhere.
Last edited by Necrie on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I'd just like to point out, that face the female worgen is making, is not a snarl. Look at any canine, hell, even try to make that face yourself...it's not really possible. Canines (which is what werewolves/worgen are based on) snarl from the front of their mouths. A lifting of the back lips like the female worgen do is a sign of submission, not a snarl.

By no means does the female worgen scream "savage" or "vicious" (to me anyway). She just looks sort of strange and unproportional. Overall I dislike the fact that all our worgen have to have "snarling faces anyway." We're supposed to be portraying creatures that are in control of their curse. When they go in combat they can snarl, and I would probably give my worgen warrior and DK snarl-like faces, but I'd rather my caster worgen to look cold and calculating. Just my two cents.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Some of these seem quite "meh," but at least there's room enough to fiddle and get something you like.

Although I greatly dislike the majority of them, I quite like a couple, especially:

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/download/file.php?id=4295
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Necrie: She is a human. ^^ I was just saying overall she looks good and kicks lots of ass.

Tyger: I agree 100% with you on that!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Is there any source on the comment that female worgen are getting yet another revision?

Once I think of it, they really do need a little hunch and matching eyes to look more like the males. (The giant, bulgy eyes with huge lashes bug me.) I think the wild hair's great for the "creature out of your nightmares" role, but there's so much yet to do. Then again, they might keep their perfect posture and completely different builds (just compare male and female draenei, tauren, trolls, and orcs -- WoW is big on sexual dimorphism).

I just really hope that they have enough time to squeeze female worgen through in a finished state. Poor female trolls were rush jobs, and it shows (no eyelids). I'd take one as they are now, but they have so much more potential.

Oh, and I think one reason they may be afraid of sexifying worgen is the horrible fanart it would produce. But no matter what female worgen look like, people are still going to draw that stuff.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Ket Shi wrote:Is there any source on the comment that female worgen are getting yet another revision?
Far as I know, all the revisions have just been sprung on the public.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Necrie
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Necrie »

Taluwen: No doubt :) Nothing wrong with that !
TygerDarkstorm wrote:By no means does the female worgen scream "savage" or "vicious" (to me anyway). She just looks sort of strange and unproportional. Overall I dislike the fact that all our worgen have to have "snarling faces anyway." We're supposed to be portraying creatures that are in control of their curse. When they go in combat they can snarl, and I would probably give my worgen warrior and DK snarl-like faces, but I'd rather my caster worgen to look cold and calculating. Just my two cents.
Well, thats kinda the problem I have with the model. It doesn't look savage enough. The females don't look dangerous enough. I watched someone stream the entire worgen questline, from character creation to taking the boat to Teldrassil. In that entire time, all the worgen I saw were the male kind. Feral looking. Fierce. Like they's rip your throat out for looking at them the wrong way, even the ones who are "in control." Granted, its been a while since I watched the vid. They could have added female models into the questing areas since then. But my point stands. The model doesn't look scary or intimidating. It looks cuddly. I want to wolf whistle at it )oh, the irony, lol). I don't get that "She's gonna rip out my throat with those claws," feeling from it. The male model invokes that feeling quite well.

And thats another thing. If the Worgen are truly in control of their curse, why does the excitement of battle cause them to shift to their worgen form involuntarily ? To me that indicates that they're not as much in control as they'd like others (and themselves for that matter ?) to think ;)

Ultimately (from my PoV), the Worgen form is supposed to be a hybrid of human and wolf. The male form presents that quite well. I just don't feel the current female one does. To me, if I want my female worgen to look sexy, she's got her human form. When she's in her worgen form, I want her to look like she's ready to kick some horde tail :D It's fantastic if she still looks feminine, but I want her to look dangerous as well. That's my opinion, and I know there's some here who disagree with that. I really do enjoy reading everyones thoughts, because they bring up really good points that I don't think of, giving me more to think about ! And thats pretty cool imho :) Opinions are like air. We're all entitled to some, and free to share it with others, heh. This is just mine. I'm expressing it because I'm really excited to see what Blizzard will eventually come up with, and I want them to do the very best that they can.

As I said, I wish I could find my Werewolf source book. Then I could scan in some pics of what I think are good female werewolf forms, and get your opinions on them.
Ket Shi wrote:Is there any source on the comment that female worgen are getting yet another revision?
Thanks for asking ! It gave me a great excuse to go back and watch some of the WoW panels. It was a side comment made by one of the devs at the World of Warcraft: Art Panel. Just under 34 minutes into the Art panel, Chris Robinson, the art director, stated: "I should also mention in [Thomas] Blue's presentation, we don't show the worgen female, because we recently put some more work into it, and its not at a point where we're ready to show it yet, so thats why it was not in his presentation. In case anyone was wondering."

Now, I freely admit that I could have misinterpreted his statement, and he could have been talking about the model changes made on the 17th. However, those changes were made before BlizzCon and are public. Chris said that they weren't ready to show of the changes to the female model, which seems to indicate that there are more changes in the pipe for it, at least by my interpretation. Since I'm not on the Dev team, I'm not privy to the latest info, so obviously my assumption could be wrong :)

But yea, thats what I based my statement on more changes for the female model off of.
Sarayana

Necrie wrote:It was a side comment made by one of the devs at the World of Warcraft: Art Panel. Just under 34 minutes into the Art panel, Chris Robinson, the art director, stated: "I should also mention in [Thomas] Blue's presentation, we don't show the worgen female, because we recently put some more work into it, and its not at a point where we're ready to show it yet, so thats why it was not in his presentation. In case anyone was wondering."

Now, I freely admit that I could have misinterpreted his statement, and he could have been talking about the model changes made on the 17th. However, those changes were made before BlizzCon and are public. Chris said that they weren't ready to show of the changes to the female model, which seems to indicate that there are more changes in the pipe for it, at least by my interpretation. Since I'm not on the Dev team, I'm not privy to the latest info, so obviously my assumption could be wrong :)

But yea, thats what I based my statement on more changes for the female model off of.
That, at least, sounds promising, Necrie. I'll be crossing my fingers. :)

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aaaaand it's official.

They dance Lady Gaga. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT7MGZhS20g

If they were going to go the Gaga route I'm surprised they didn't at least take the dancing from Bad Romance. It would fit better than this random piece.
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Vephriel wrote:Aaaaand it's official.

If they were going to go the Gaga route I'm surprised they didn't at least take the dancing from Bad Romance. It would fit better than this random piece.

D:

My Worgen are gonna be male I really REALLY don't want a character looking like they're trying to feel themselves up when they dance. I even hate the Worgen male dance too augh.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Kalliope

Ariamodasu wrote:
Vephriel wrote:Aaaaand it's official.

D:

My Worgen are gonna be male I really REALLY don't want a character looking like they're trying to feel themselves up when they dance. I even hate the Worgen male dance too augh.
Yeahhhhhhhhhh...........having issues with that too. -_- I just won't dance if it comes to that...sigh.

YouTube Edition