WoW RP Thread Ideas

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: WoW RP Thread Ideas

Unread post by Azunara »

*Kozri tries to pipe up something about his charm and how roguey it is, but both Azu and I beat him down.* NO. ENOUGH WITH THAT JOKE. BAD PUNS IS MY JOB.

And I think it's less of a ten people did it and more of a you were one among an entire army.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Lorewise, no boss has ever been killed by players, and we go by the lore, not the game. Sorry, but your character just wasn't there when you killed Kael'Thas, or Illidan, or Van Cleef. It's as simple as that, really. You can say taht you were with in the raid against ICC, though. Just try not to associate your character with a major character like that.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

It sort of... doesn't work. xD
Because there's only one of those characters in lore, and tons of players that want to kill them.
The way I've seen it done was that characters went to a small part of the raid ICly, pretending that they killed, say, a lieutenant of the actual boss, while still able to complete the raid in an OOC way.
That is, they kill, say, the last boss in OS, then say that they killed a large black dragon guarding a few Twilight Brood eggs. Not The Boss, but a dragon.
Also note that people die in raids, so you need to make it small-scale enough ICly that people wouldn't wonder why none of your friends are maimed/dead. xD

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

rubybeam
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by rubybeam »

*scrolls through millions of alts*

Well I did find my troll druid who is currently leveling in azhara with the goblin tabard, I guess I can create something creative out of that assuming it wasn't raised like a proper troll
I also found a goblin hunter with a colour changing raptor, if I remeber currently the raptor changes colour with the type of mood its in ex, bright green when its happy, red when its mad
And then theres my prized undead hunter. she sort of has a backsotry, when she was alive she was a human stable master, one who worked with horses which carries her love for animals, although sense she can't befirend a proper animal all hers as curropt in some ways, deceased undead or just evil minded
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

There you go! The Troll and the Forsaken sound like two good characters waiting to happen. The Goblin with the raptor could be fun and quirky, but the Forsaken, as you said, has a bit of a believable and interesting backstory already. The Troll sounds like you could make a unique backstory with him/her, as well as the possibility of an unusual attitude.

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I was just asking in general Sat, not for any of my actual characters. I've always wondered how rp raiding works.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that you were! I was just explaining. :)

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

rubybeam

one more question.. I know the goblin areas tend to self rp for your character as would the storyline in silverpine how would that work out in your charaters background? for all I know after doing the silverpine questline my undead absoluletly hates worgen, shes also extremely loyal to sylvannis thanks to that
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

You decide it yourself! Technically, they don't even have to have finished those quests. You could have your little corpse be distrustful towards Sylvanas if you wanted her to. :)

rubybeam

So i'm starting to form out ideas with my characters, the goblin gazznil travels with the troll druid (currently unamed at the moment as he in game name was one of those joke ones), they met at a young age as children, the trolls druid was one of the many troll slaves, they met by accident because gazznil accidently mistaken the troll druid as her pet crab, named sushi. sorry if I kinda stole your idea lupis but I had no idea how a goblin like troll could be a druid so I went and made her a natural one, and seeing how theres no animals on the island except for crabs I assume that whats her first form would be
When kazhan fell the two worked together to survive, the troll druid gaining her cat form which looked like that of a panther (Again sorry lupis for stealing ideas from you I could fix it if you wanted me to), with machine like decorations due to living with the goblins instead of the normal tribal decoration
Sushi eventully passes on and in a panic gazznil befriends the colour changing raptor sabatoth
and thats all I have so far the trolls personilty is much like a goblins, greedy curious adventurous

as for the undead hunter? shes exteremly loyal to the horde, shes not found of garrosh though and prefers her leader out of all leaders, sylvannis
Kamalia

Unread post by Kamalia »

Sounds good to me.
I think the crab form might be pushing it a little, though... Lupis kept the cat idea for her druid. Bear form (I'm guessing it's bear form) is a whole lot more different from a crab form. Maybe your Troll could get the cat form first, like it is in-game now, and then bear form later? Perhaps there was a druid among the Horde on the island that taught him the ways of the druid?

rubybeam

thats a good idea actually, also again sorry for stealing your ideas lupis i'll edit the troll up again

So maybe instead of meeting with a crab form, sense the trolls future ways was suppost to be a druid the troll probably meet sushi on the beach after it got away from gazznil, as for a different looking cat form I would assume sense she was kept away from her own kind in a different enviroment she would look different
Kira
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Kira »

Kay, you guys are making me want to work on my characters backgrounds. Other than my DK's of course. She's already got her full story thing going on. *Eyes her baby Worgen, thinking.*

Dragon Cave

Please help my Pokemon hatch

Deviant Art, enjoy!

Awesome Avi done by Moonlost!
Equally Awesome Siggy by Kamalia.
Kamalia

Unread post by Kamalia »

Yup, that makes sense to me. Gears and such in her mane instead of beads, feathers, ect. because that's what she's familiar with. More panther-like instead of tiger-like sounds fine to me, too.

JOOIIN USSS KIIIRAAA

rubybeam

Alright then its decided I just realised that I just have horde charries only though.... oh well I prefer horde over alliance even though my mains an alliance :)
Kira
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Kira »

Hey, like I said, my DK has most of her story done already. Well, my mage/DK. Go combining two characters into one!

I'd love to work on my Worgen's story but....it's hard since they just came out...I have to do research on the worgen before I start. The quests just..weren't enough for me.

Dragon Cave

Please help my Pokemon hatch

Deviant Art, enjoy!

Awesome Avi done by Moonlost!
Equally Awesome Siggy by Kamalia.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Researching them doesn't yield much better results after Blizz's retarded retcon. /sigh

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kamalia

Unread post by Kamalia »

Mnnhm. I remember attempting to research them to make a character a while back... I think the timeline was what messed me up the most. So confusing! <_> I dropped it to wait for more information. Only to fall in love with Goblins, hehe. I haven't even got out of the starting zone on my poor Worgen druid. >_>

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'm kind of the opposite Kam. XD
I went through the goblin zone once and was like "ugh." I think the zone's great and funny, but, for me, feels like it has no replay value even though I love the way goblins look. I dragged my priest through it kicking and screaming. But I think I've played through the worgen starting area like a dozen times for some reason. >_<

But yeah, trying to WoWWiki worgen lore (wowpedia now I guess) for my original story for my worgen huntress was just a huge pain in the ass. If I remember right, they still have the original lore listed there (about how Arugal summoned them and whatnot, and the Arugal lore is still used for current worgen DKs), but in game you find out that worgen are basically descendants of meanie pants druids.

[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

*cackles quietly.*

Heh.

Hehehe.

Hahaha.

MWAHAHA.

More corrupted!