@ hunters who have sambas

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Re: @ hunters who have sambas

Unread post by Vetiver »

hehe, bitey

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Jonmcslain
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Cairne

Unread post by Jonmcslain »

Woot , Just tamed him like 2 min ago. It actually spawned a little before the hour, Immediately after the tame was done, and Ally hunter dropped in and cheered for me which was very nice. Ill be sure not to have it out in the spawn area. My NPC Scan has gone off a number of times while around here and it was very annoying OMG OMG then Darnit.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Off topic but is your character's name a play on John McClane? If so you are win :D
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Vetiver wrote:hehe, bitey
Yeah. :P Sometimes my words have more bite to them than I intend them to have...

And congratulations on the Sambas McSlain!
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Dekota
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Dekota »

Novikova wrote:
Dekota wrote:
becauze wrote:I did this once on my troll hunter with the glow bear. There was a mass of alliance hunters camping the spot all showing off their pets and what not. So I made sure no other horde hunters were around I popped up on the edge of the ledge and send him down to the area, I have never seen so many hunters lay down frost traps in my life. It forced most of them to log out to clear their npc scan and while they did he spawned and my friend got him.
The Hunter side of me would want to throw you off a cliff while the Horde side of me would pat your back with approval. I hate alliance with a passion and I have my reasons.

I couldn't do that to anyone other then the Hunter that killed Aotona while my Mother was taming her after MONTHS of searching for the bird. He ran up to her, killed Aotona, /laugh then left. THEN I would gladly camp him with the tamed version of whatever pet he was looking for.

If only I were on a PvP server -_-
Wow. that's pretty horrible to outright *hate* a faction and the human beings playing pretendy characters behind it. Especially if it's bad enough to cheer on someone griefing that cost them their chances at a beloved pet. I mean, I don't hate all of horde despite being griefed a few times (Hi, jerkface troll mage who killed my pet midtame, random Tauren who stood flagged on NPCs or things I tried to loot and other various funtimes).

It's sad what happened to your mom though. :( I've gotten to give away an Aotona or two and people <3 the parrots. Most of the Basin was pretty happy when I grabbed mine because I looked and looked and camped for nearly 6 weeks.
However the emotions of the person playing these 'pretendy' characters are NOT pretend. If their 'pretendy character' decides to kill the beast that this 'pretebdy hunter' is taming the feelings that the hunter is experiencing is NOT pretend. The fact that it's a video game is NOT an excuse to be a complete and total "insert insulting term here". If you had read the rest of my post there you would have seen me saying and I quote "I couldn't do that to anyone" though had I ever happen across the ally Hunter that killed Aotona I would happily and gleefully camp him for days. Do what you will to me but it's personal when you frak with family. I just simply hate the whole faction because I know the lore. As for the people that play.. *shrug* I'm not after them personally until they give me a reason (read above)

That's all for the off topicness :)

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Dekota wrote:
However the emotions of the person playing these 'pretendy' characters are NOT pretend. If their 'pretendy character' decides to kill the beast that this 'pretebdy hunter' is taming the feelings that the hunter is experiencing is NOT pretend. The fact that it's a video game is NOT an excuse to be a complete and total "insert insulting term here". If you had read the rest of my post there you would have seen me saying and I quote "I couldn't do that to anyone" though had I ever happen across the ally Hunter that killed Aotona I would happily and gleefully camp him for days. Do what you will to me but it's personal when you frak with family. I just simply hate the whole faction because I know the lore. As for the people that play.. *shrug* I'm not after them personally until they give me a reason (read above)

That's all for the off topicness :)
Way to totally misread my post. When did I excuse that behavior? I just think it's childish to 'hate an entire faction'. Sheesh.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Personally, I check the spawns of most rares in each zone I enter out of habit. I try to keep the rares for that zone non-active (normally I have no pet out as standard) but if I landed and accidently did have something out it could easily be thought of as griefing when I didn't mean to do anything at all. Haven't had the trouble with NPC-scan or whatever myself, got all my rares without it, though I can understand how it is annoying.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

When I got my Sambas last night, I sat there for a few moments in total shock and messaged "OMG!" to a friend. Then I filled out his talent points and made him happy. In all, I sat there for probably 1 or 2 minutes. Another hunter landed by me, and I realized I probably set off his NPC scan. I was like, "Whoops!" and flew away. Totally was not intentional.