Intimidation. Wooo.

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Re: Intimidation. Wooo.

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

Considering the improved health pools and our MUCH reduced melee ability, I'd say this'd be pretty close neccesary.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Kalliope wrote:
Palladiamorsdeus wrote:That I am not sure of. I don't think so, though. I think it's just being made baseline. But we'll find out around Tuesday.
O_O

Intimidation AND scatter shot baseline? Be still, my heart... That would be pretty damned insane.
You mean ignore the fact that lv ten BM's would lose their only 'mastery' skill for choosing BM? What's going to replace Intimidate? I mean it sure can't be TBW or tame Exotics :/

BM now gets nothing then. Or ooo Cobra Shot becomes our lv 10- oh wait no. Because Blizz admited they want SV using Cobra Shot too.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Check it again, Ryai. At leve 10 BM get's mastery of beasts, which is a 20% damage increase for pets, effected by mastery. I stated it a bit further back, but you must have missed it.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Besides, intimidation was roundly classified by you and others as a terrible level 10 passive. It seems Blizzard agreed. :P So why complain?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Kalliope wrote:Besides, intimidation was roundly classified by you and others as a terrible level 10 passive. It seems Blizzard agreed. :P So why complain?
Because I didn't see we were getting the 'lol we took all your pet buffing talents and made it your mastery'.

tho honestly I would rather have this as a lv 68/70 talent plus the +4 pet talents and get tame exotics. As just. Aurg. I have to wait till lv 70 to use exotics, or power level the few BM hunters I have now to 70. It just feels cheap, our two 'talent attacks' are left as skills while MM and SV still get one of theirs. Edit: Actually three since TBW and BW are seperate still.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

To be fair, this was a planned mastery for later on anyway, and it will help define BM as the pet tree. Prior to this, BM pet's were going to be the same or a bit weaker AP wise then either SV or MM for the great majority of levels, BW aside.

Kalliope

Ryai wrote:Because I didn't see we were getting the 'lol we took all your pet buffing talents and made it your mastery'.

tho honestly I would rather have this as a lv 68/70 talent plus the +4 pet talents and get tame exotics. As just. Aurg. I have to wait till lv 70 to use exotics, or power level the few BM hunters I have now to 70. It just feels cheap, our two 'talent attacks' are left as skills while MM and SV still get one of theirs. Edit: Actually three since TBW and BW are seperate still.
BM is different. You don't have to train pets, especially now that we'll get them at level 1. BM will get even more powerful pets starting at level 10. Cutting out the boring but necessary pet buffing talents and turning them into a passive fits with Blizzard's goals.

It's not too late for Blizzard to drop exotics to a lower level again; I just get the feeling that they don't like the idea of taking away the biggest carrot from BM's talents.
Palladiamorsdeus wrote:To be fair, this was a planned mastery for later on anyway, and it will help define BM as the pet tree. Prior to this, BM pet's were going to be the same or a bit weaker AP wise then either SV or MM for the great majority of levels, BW aside.
^
This.

It might not be shiny, but it makes sense, and a good deal more sense than giving intimidation.

YouTube Edition

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

TBH, I can see them combining this 20% buff with the exotics later on, but then they'd need something new and interesting in the end, like, say, a shot that involves our pets.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

No No no, not saying it doesn't make sense, just, a bit bleh cause of how blizzard is just handling BM atm- or hunters in general so I'm not getting my hopes up overly high yet.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

See, I would LOVE to have something unique to BM. A shot, a pet attack. Something that MM and SV don't have access to. This is a start, and hopefully will combine with the 100% stat conversion to make our pet's more lethal.

Also, now that I think about it, this is just transplanted from our talent trees. I mean I am glad to be getting something, and TRUST ME we need it, but.....I dunno. I'd have rathered that'd've been in the tree proper, and that we got something unique for our mastery. But....maybe that's just me.

Kalliope

Saturo wrote:TBH, I can see them combining this 20% buff with the exotics later on, but then they'd need something new and interesting in the end, like, say, a shot that involves our pets.
See, this could be cool. Something like a play off of spirit bond where you and your pet mind meld, allowing you to hit your target in a more sensitive spot due to your pet's up close and personal recon.

YouTube Edition

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

They're giving that to locks, Kalliope. It should be fun to see how it turns out.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kalliope

Bah, warlocks already get incredibly useful pets. :( They didn't need more buffs!

YouTube Edition

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I say we locks need all the buffs we can get! :D

I'd be happy to let BM hunters have it instead tough. It seems more fitting for them.

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Hey Sat, did you know that you can now summon the Doomguard without needing a group? ANd no more regeants needed either!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I could summon it without a group before too, but it was always problematic.

Has it suddenly become one of those pets you can have out all the time? I don't really want that... It should be special, like the infernal.

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Nah, it's like the infernal now. Not a perma pet. Brief, very powerful summon.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Neat! It seems they are intent on making locks fun to play! :)

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Uh huh, the new soul shard system is interesting, and makes your life a LOT easier. Having Soulfire not cost a shard is amazing too, for when you want/need to cast that. Or you can use the new spell that uses one of your three soul shards, and make it INSTANT CAST.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

My lock is soo looking forward to this! :P