Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

Unread post by Xota »

Acadion wrote:I apologize if I seem agitated... but can we get a note on the Mechanical Scorpids that the parts can only be got on Normal and up, and not on LFR? Spent 3 days getting someone to help with the first boss of the area (cause it takes two to use the cannons), got someone, and went to loot the Juggernaut and nothing dropped... It just seems stupid to me that I can tame Thok on LFR, but I need to be on normal, AND find another person (people are more willing to scream at each other in chat rather than help for 5 mins) to get the parts for this pet.
There may be fewer groups after talents and abilities get scrambled, but you can check the LFG groups for SoO xmog raids. Just check to see if the items are reserved or if there's no other hunters in the group. Be able to get to the entrance fast, they won't exit to summon.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Hmm I didn't even think about needing two people for the cannons. Bah... hate having to depend on others for stuff like this since it's so hard to find decent people.

Going to make it even more of a pain to farm SoO for Garrosh's mount when the time comes as well, if you don't save a lock out.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Lupen202 wrote:Hmm I didn't even think about needing two people for the cannons. Bah... hate having to depend on others for stuff like this since it's so hard to find decent people.

Going to make it even more of a pain to farm SoO for Garrosh's mount when the time comes as well, if you don't save a lock out.
I'm going to get a lockout on an alt with Galakras dead and then just share it with my mains through Premade Groups. Thats how I've been farming Jikun and Elegon, start right at the boss.

That being said, they need to change the fight to be soloable.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Quiv wrote:
Lupen202 wrote:Hmm I didn't even think about needing two people for the cannons. Bah... hate having to depend on others for stuff like this since it's so hard to find decent people.

I'm going to get a lockout on an alt with Galakras dead and then just share it with my mains through Premade Groups. Thats how I've been farming Jikun and Elegon, start right at the boss.

That being said, they need to change the fight to be soloable.
Yep, I hate fights that require you to rely on others when the content is no longer current. It's just an unnecessary pain.

Achievements too, to a lesser extent. Like that damn Show me your moves achievement. *shivers* Thank god it was removed.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Zelhashan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Windrunner/Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Zelhashan »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIo8IOPqPXw

A little taming guide for Gomegaz in celebration of the updated skin :)

My next videos will be focusing on figuring out Rush and Treble's pathways (or at least part of them)

Enjoy :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Very nice :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Zelhashan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Windrunner/Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Zelhashan »

Also now, a detailed guide on where to find Pinchshank and how to obtain the Crab Shank, an item to be used on crab pets, giving them a knife to wield!!! I know... it's awesome :)

Also a tiny bit of detail on thok and iron juggernaut tames... will release detailed videos on that at a later point but didn't want to leave people hanging if they wanted to try and figure it out :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BzgyTUdWlM
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Excellent videos.

So I'm guessing once Legion goes live poor Gomegaz is going to be dead or is he in the zone at all??
Not griping that you have to go to the time warden but kind of a bummer he just wouldn't be relocated somewhere in the zone.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It has been that way since WoD's launch. The only way to find him is to talk to the Time Warden, otherwise he isn't there. Same for many of the other rares in the general area.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Ok I'm shutting up now. Didn't even click when I saw him recently it was on a lower level toon. Blarg

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I don't think these have been reported but theres a bunch of pages so....

Pashya, rare in Suramar (113694) is a tameable Mana Saber using the same skin as Myonix. I found it a little south of the Crimson Thicket flight master.

Edit: Image

However, all the Mana Sabers seemed to be classified as Spirit Beasts now. I tamed the Leyline Prowler, Myonix, and Pashya, all classified as Spirit Beast with Spirit Walk and Spirit Mend. Has this been reported? Surely this isn't intentional.

I like how the pet turned his head for the screenshot looking at the tooltip like WTF
Last edited by Quiv on Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I found it a while back, but didn't say anything on it. But I didn't notice them becoming Spirit Beasts... odd. Probably is unintentional.

Anyways, Pashya rarely spawns with Trapper Rodoon - the Nightborne whom is attacking the owl, Nighteyes.
Last edited by Valnaaros on Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

Oh oh oh maybe they're pulling something like what happened during WoD beta where hook wasps were scrapped as their own family, becoming normal wasps, and they added rylaks to make up for there being one less new pet family? People have been pointing out how mana sabers as their own family are a bit off, so maybe they're using the chance to add non-rare spirit beasts and we'll get hippogryphs? Maybe? Maaaaaybe? Pretty pretty pretty PRETTY PLEASE Blizzard?

*wishful thinking*
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Melissa wrote:Oh oh oh maybe they're pulling something like what happened during WoD beta where hook wasps were scrapped as their own family, becoming normal wasps, and they added rylaks to make up for there being one less new pet family? People have been pointing out how mana sabers as their own family are a bit off, so maybe they're using the chance to add non-rare spirit beasts and we'll get hippogryphs? Maybe? Maaaaaybe? Pretty pretty pretty PRETTY PLEASE Blizzard?

*wishful thinking*
If you really wanna compare it to Hook Wasps and Rylaks, then the new family wouldn't be Hippogryphs but something like "Demonic Spiders", because we totally need a separate family to tame a variety of Spider like we needed a separate family to tame a variety of Chimera. :lol:
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Wow, if the Mana Saber family is scrapped and we're (potentially) getting a new exotic family entirely, that would be at least one good thing going for BM.
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

Qraljar wrote:
Melissa wrote:Oh oh oh maybe they're pulling something like what happened during WoD beta where hook wasps were scrapped as their own family, becoming normal wasps, and they added rylaks to make up for there being one less new pet family? People have been pointing out how mana sabers as their own family are a bit off, so maybe they're using the chance to add non-rare spirit beasts and we'll get hippogryphs? Maybe? Maaaaaybe? Pretty pretty pretty PRETTY PLEASE Blizzard?

*wishful thinking*
If you really wanna compare it to Hook Wasps and Rylaks, then the new family wouldn't be Hippogryphs but something like "Demonic Spiders", because we totally need a separate family to tame a variety of Spider like we needed a separate family to tame a variety of Chimera. :lol:
It's kind of sad that I could see this happening

To clarify: having the spiders would be great. Having them be their own family would not be.
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Legion pet lists - UPDATED 201605

Probably unintentional.... But personally I'd love it if they scrapped mana sabers and introduced a new family. Mana sabers as their own family never made sense to me. They're just not unique enough in appearance, and the family is such a small one due to their looks being so limited. A waste of a family, really; they fit in just fine with spirit beasts if you ask me.

The only concern would be that these would be the easiest spirit beasts obtainable to date. But I don't see anything wrong with that, really.

I'm just not sure what new family would fit with the expansion. Hippogryphs maybe? Hopefully with Gryphons included in the family? One could dream...

Pterrorwings would be my number one pick, ofc, but considering the only place with these beasts is Pandaria I'm not so sure; would be more likely if they were showing up somewhere in the broken isles.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Maybe they didn't want to come up with new exotic abilities? If this is intentional, it makes them the first spirit beasts that aren't rare spawns, challenge tames, or quest tames (Gara). Kinda takes a bit away from the spirit beast family IMO, but I can also see why a family with only 1 model and 3 colors was a bit weird. I'd rather keep them as spirit beasts than not have them at all!
Last edited by Bendak on Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Honestly I'm all for more easily obtainable spirit beasts as long as we still get the challenging ones each expansion as well, because they're always a fun challenge.

Sure, adding easy to get spirit beats might take away from the family as a whole as it will no longer be exclusive to rare spawns (with the exception of Gara which just takes some time), but it won't make the individual pets in the family any less rare or sought after. I know there are some that likes collecting spirit beasts simply due to the fact they're spirit beasts, but I'm sure the majority like Loque or Karoma for their appearance and rarity not necessarily their family.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

This wouldn't be the first time they changed out a family fairly late in PTR/Beta. Monkeys were in the same family as Gorillas, and Foxes were Dogs/Wolves (can't remember which) for a long while before they were split off. I'm trying to remember: I feel like there were a couple that were separate families that were 'mashed together' later on, but my memory's not holding to it. Serpents were 'windserpents', yes? Waaaaayyyyy back in the old days?
Come see Kurasu's stables!