Snake Colors changed?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
User avatar
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Posts: 11051
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:43 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Agender [They-them]

Snake Colors changed?

Unread post by Lupis »

I recently looked at the snakes in WC and realized they didn't look the same. They're a whole lot darker, I think. At the moment I don't have time to test all colors of snakes, but the two WC snakes look different, the purple one more so. No longer pink, it looks very dark purple.

Am I seeing things, or are they changed? Has anyone else noticed?

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Image

User avatar
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2584
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:32 am
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.
Gender: Female
Location: Under your bed!
Contact:

Re: Snake Colors changed?

Unread post by Aleu »

I actually mentioned that in the 3.3.3 thread up in Game News. They do indeed seem to be darker.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16439
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Snake Colors changed?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I just went to check this myself, and wow! They certainly did get darker. o.o Odd, it's almost as if they aren't displaying the proper lighting that they should be, like they're permanently in shadow. Apparently some shiny weapons are showing the same oddities.

I'm assuming it's a glitch that will get fixed.
User avatar
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 497
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:50 am
Realm: Fizzcrank US
Gender: Female
Location: Washington

Re: Snake Colors changed?

Unread post by Skyshot »

Vephriel wrote:I'm assuming it's a glitch that will get fixed.
I kind of hope they leave the blue snake as it is at least. I quite like the darker shade it has now. =(

Image
<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

User avatar
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Posts: 11051
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:43 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Agender [They-them]

Re: Snake Colors changed?

Unread post by Lupis »

I actually mentioned that in the 3.3.3 thread up in Game News.
Oh, I didn't notice, sorry. ^.^;;
I really like the new, darker colors! I hope they stay this way, really. Are the other colors (Gold, white, aqua) changed as well? I'm curious as to how they might look.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Image

Mania
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2702
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: Snake Colors changed?

Unread post by Mania »

A lighting difference makes sense to me, especially since they look the same (to me) in the model viewer. *shrug* I guess we'll have to wait and see.
User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16439
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Snake Colors changed?

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yes, the colours themselves have not been altered, the serpents just appear to have no lighting working on them, so the shadowed hue makes them darker. I highly doubt it will be kept this way, as it's definitely a lighting or model glitch that's affected a few things.
Post Reply