I wanna face palm so much today....

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

I wanna face palm so much today....

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Sitting in Molten Front, waiting for Skarr (with many hunters sitting next to me...even tho there's other empty spawn spots)...I like to Eagle Eye everywhere to see what's happening.

First thing today...Solix spawns! Don't want him myself, and nobody in the guild wants him, so I just watch him to see what happens. Troll hunter comes along (I've seen him alot, he likes camping on top of me :( ) and proceeds to dance with Solix. Seems like he knows what he's doing, kiting him around. But when he goes to tame him, he drops a snake trap...snake trap!! Yeah, he looses taming, and Solix dies from loss of energy. Sad day.

Later! Anithriss spawns...cool beans, it gets informed in general. A dk comes up and starts killing it while a hunter begs him not to cause he wanted to tame it. Yep, dead spider again! *shakes head*

Some time later...I eagle eye Deth's spot a lot (I have him, but I like to see who's there) and there's like 5 or 6 hunters camping it, with several other toons running thru the area constantly. I'm sitting there thinking "This will not end well." Well, needless to say, Deth spawns, and gets killed cause everyone is attacking him and trying to get him and he Deth Strikes himself to...well, death lol.

There seems to be no decency anywhere anymore. Even my guild members made some comments about this. Well, there was one time...Skarr spawned, 4 of us hunters are trying to tame him, but we never tried to interrupt someone else's tame...we just took turns at taming him, then a warrior came along and killed him...nice. That was earlier in the week tho. Today was just filled with all sorts of bad stuff it seems.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: I wanna face palm so much today....

Unread post by Lisaara »

That seems to be very common. :(

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Tragically, too common. :( There's so many reasons from innocent cluelessness to spite to outright asshattery. It's painful regardless of the reasons and most of us are very sympathetic. All but once I've seen Anthiss, she gets squished. I wish they'd put Kirix there so he can eat some faces.

I'm honestly just shocked at the magnitude of it this patch.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
vanquished14
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by vanquished14 »

Well, the Solix portion isn't all that bad. He might have hit Snake Trap by accident. At least it wasn't another tale of a non-hunter or jealous hunter killing a rare to be mean. I accidentally killed Solix when I tried to tame the first time... I wasn't paying enough attention to his energy and hit tame a tad to late and it died about midway. Sucks but there's always another spawn eventually.

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

vanquished14 wrote:Well, the Solix portion isn't all that bad. He might have hit Snake Trap by accident. At least it wasn't another tale of a non-hunter or jealous hunter killing a rare to be mean. I accidentally killed Solix when I tried to tame the first time... I wasn't paying enough attention to his energy and hit tame a tad to late and it died about midway. Sucks but there's always another spawn eventually.
Well, Solix killed all the snakes and came after the hunter again, but died before anything else could be done. Feigning would've at least reset him.

Anyways, another lovely example happened today...a troll hunter (different one) who was camping the general area for Skarr/Karkin (he was in the north, I'm in the south) and Karkin spawns up north. He starts taming it and I run up to watch (mostly curious), then he suddenly starts killing it. I just don't get it...did he think I was gunna steal it or something? I mean, you may not want Karkin, but I would've tamed him...just...I don't understand people sometimes.
Jin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar EU

Unread post by Jin »

When I camped Deth I sat there for 11 hours straight. Every 15-20 minutes or so this Nelf hunter came riding, pulled out his Deth to set off NPC-scan and proceed to /point /laugh /rofl at me, then rode off again. After a while another Nelf started to do the exact same thing. Over and over. Some other hunters and a priest ride up to the spot, and they start dueling eachother and stuffs and then Deth spawns!

I tag it and start the kite and it's going somewhat well for a small period of time, then the douchebag-Nelfs starts MD him to a third hunter. Needless to say I lost the tame.

I came back 6 hours later and continue to camp, it's calm and nice for two hours but then guess what. NPC-scan goes off and there is one of the Nelfs again and his tamed spider and stupid priestbuddy. Just like yesterday he comes up every now and then to rude me and f**k up my NPC-scan. I sit there for 7 hours and of course he just came back for another go when Deth spawns.

This time I care not so much to kite as to unleash everything I have on it to hold aggro. I use every skill I got and kite away. Douche and priest is already beating on it and another hunter joins in. I loose aggro to the priest over and over and Deth's hp is dropping alarmingly fast. Now a horde druid shows up and is trying to help me by rooting it, I unleash everything I got, Deth does a Deth Strike, I realize I have aggro and Molten will dropped.

I hit tame beast and in horror I watch the poor spider who is now on 9% hp. I dont have that much haste. The doucheparty is charging him to make him die. The time has stopped or so it feels, I mean I swear that tame beast bar wasn't moving anymore and finally the tame completes and the spider shrinks.

I thank the druid, make some not so nice emotes to hunterdouche and co and ride off. I honestly don't want to enter that zone again for some good time.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

GRATS Jin! Thank goodness that had a happy ending.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Jin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar EU

Unread post by Jin »

Thank you! :D
Demonwolf
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: kael'thas

Unread post by Demonwolf »

these rares r bringing the worst outa ppl, u noticed? and grats jin
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

*sigh* unfortunately it happens alot. Anthriss was killed by a douche rogue, skitterflame has died... alot poor guy.

Deth'tilac was being kited by a hunter.. I dont particulairy like (he killed my friends Deth.. hes been rude to me) he finally got Deth to 20% then gets killed by deth strike, then this other hunter comes to tame it and then dies from deth strike which causes Deth to die. It was really sad.. then I saw him again help a hunter friend of mine get skitterflame, he could have tamed it but just kept it feared for the hunter to run back after accidently falling off the ledge. So... maybe he just had a bad day or something not a clue..

Skarr/karkins spot is usual a hunter spawn spot. Its... errily dead quiet today. Maybe everyone who wanted them got em.. I am hoping anyways. I like this peace in quiet, but we all know its the calm before the storm.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

SgtSplacker
Realm: Azshara

Unread post by SgtSplacker »

It doesnt help that they bunched them all up in the same place. They really didnt plan these challenge tames very well at all.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Oh so much fun...I get a hunter gettin mad at me for camping where I always camp for Skarr saying they've been there for hours (first time I've ever seen them) and they're threatening to tell my GM on me (the GM who is a known douche but hasn't been on in months) and said they were gunna kill the spawn if it did spawn instead of letting anyone get it. Sheesh...people these days. "I've never seen you camping here before!" "No shit! You've never been here before that's why!"

Why is rare camping so much worse for this patch? Never was this bad in WotLK or when Cata first came out...
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Aside from a spat between two huners on Arathor, everyone else seems to be behaving themselves pretty well. There are hunters milling around the same spawn points but they seem to be respecting the whole whomever tags it tames it. In reguardes to Deth'talic, there is even more comradery so far, and hunters seem to be very happy to help eachother get the tame.

there where some incidents of some non-hunters killing some rares, but a rather heated outburt in general chat against the "rare slayers" seems to have detered many from repeating such actions.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Novikova

Lots of reasons:

1) Many rares in a small area. They're big and easy to see. NPCscan picks them off from a country mile.
2) They are beautiful and most are unique. So without a common alternative and people thinking they're totally rad, there's lots of competition.
3) Sites like MMOchamp, wowhead, etc. do spreads on rares now so lots of peeps know about them and where they are. More competition. Not necessarily a BAD thing if someone finds the pet of their dreams or whatever, but it can be frustrating if a griefer takes advantage.
4) People can be horrible. This ranges from cluelessness to outright spite and jealousy ('I want less people to have it so I'm unique!' 'If I can't have it, you can't either...' and on and on). And some are just griefers who think frustrating someone is hi-lar-ious.
5) It's a new zone. Peeps are rushing for firsts, etc. and on entering CompetiMode, some people turn into jackanapes. Even CompetiNovi is not immune, but fortunately I rarely feel that urge unless someone's been griefing me.
6) Chasing something they want can bring out the worst ... or best in people. Unfortunately, for most it tends to be the worst. Odds are these tend to be the folks who elbow you in line or try to sneak in ahead of people.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Nanluin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Nanluin »

Makoes wrote:There are hunters milling around the same spawn points but they seem to be respecting the whole whomever tags it tames it.
Interesting, as here I've been following the mental rule that the person who's been in the queue at the spawn point the longest gets the first shot (regardless of faction). Then the next person in line (if the first dies in the attempt), then the next, and so on until someone tames it. If you leave, you lose your place in the queue. If you log out or are disconnected and don't come back within a few minutes, you lose your place in the queue.

When I'm camping a particular mob and see others show up (or I show up while they're camping), I often try to coordinate with them in this regard via whispers, and will sometimes briefly hop over to my Level 1 "communications liaison" toon in the other faction in order to coordinate with any cross-faction campers. I've formed a few 'camping buddy' friendships this way.

Perhaps I'm just naive in trying to follow this 'rule', but I'm not fond of the idea that someone can be camping a spawn for hours, the spawn finally occurs, only to have Lucky Jack come running up randomly and tag it right out from under their nose. Yep, I've seen it happen often enough, but I think it's rather discourteous.

-- Nanluin
Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Unread post by Gelannerai »

Jin wrote:When I camped Deth I sat there for 11 hours straight. Every 15-20 minutes or so this Nelf hunter came riding, pulled out his Deth to set off NPC-scan and proceed to /point /laugh /rofl at me, then rode off again. After a while another Nelf started to do the exact same thing. Over and over. Some other hunters and a priest ride up to the spot, and they start dueling eachother and stuffs and then Deth spawns!

I tag it and start the kite and it's going somewhat well for a small period of time, then the douchebag-Nelfs starts MD him to a third hunter. Needless to say I lost the tame.

I came back 6 hours later and continue to camp, it's calm and nice for two hours but then guess what. NPC-scan goes off and there is one of the Nelfs again and his tamed spider and stupid priestbuddy. Just like yesterday he comes up every now and then to rude me and f**k up my NPC-scan. I sit there for 7 hours and of course he just came back for another go when Deth spawns.

This time I care not so much to kite as to unleash everything I have on it to hold aggro. I use every skill I got and kite away. Douche and priest is already beating on it and another hunter joins in. I loose aggro to the priest over and over and Deth's hp is dropping alarmingly fast. Now a horde druid shows up and is trying to help me by rooting it, I unleash everything I got, Deth does a Deth Strike, I realize I have aggro and Molten will dropped.

I hit tame beast and in horror I watch the poor spider who is now on 9% hp. I dont have that much haste. The doucheparty is charging him to make him die. The time has stopped or so it feels, I mean I swear that tame beast bar wasn't moving anymore and finally the tame completes and the spider shrinks.

I thank the druid, make some not so nice emotes to hunterdouche and co and ride off. I honestly don't want to enter that zone again for some good time.
This is reportable behavior. I had a similar experience with a Belf Hunter when I was camping Skoll. I reported him, and never saw him again.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Especially as the d-bags are now using MD to do the same thing they had been with DS before the new rares were made immune to it.
Novikova

Yeah, I noticed that. :( The only time I used MD was helping with Banny when someone had trouble getting to him.

Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

IMO Blizzard created this hype by posting "10 new rares" in the patch notes. :cry:

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

To be fair, they did try to inform people that they were hunter-centric by putting the initial announcement in the hunter section, and referring to them as such in the hotfixes. Stupid people will still be stupid.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!