New Pet Battles and Pet/Mount interface.

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

New Pet Battles and Pet/Mount interface.

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

So, I'm trying to figure all of this out. Is it not possible to catch new pets yet? I saw someone mentioned "it'll track as a paw if it's the same level and you can catch it" ... but I only saw yellow dots. I understand it's still beta and everything is still in the works! Just wondering if anyone was able to catch any new pets yet.

Also.. Anyone else wish that they'll eventually add "random flying" and "random ground" to the mounts window?
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: New Pet Battles and Pet/Mount interface.

Unread post by Quiv »

This is what I found out:

1) You have to train pet battles and you have to train Wild pet tracking. I found a trainer in the Goblin Sums of Orgrimmar, others report they are in starting areas like Razor Hill and Goldshire. He only offered these two trainings, nothing else.

2) Before beta build 15640, I had copied over my hunter who is my main companion collector (170ish). All pets were available in the previous pet journal. After patch, none of the pets showed up. I had to recopy my hunter, and then all the pets I have showed up.

3) The "Find Battle" button on the pet journal caused a crash. (Or maybe just being in Org does. I havent crashed since being out of Org).

4) You can summon and dismiss a pet while mounted on the ground (not sure if intended).

5) When you find a wild critter that (I assume) is battleable, you mouse cursor turns into a yellow paw icon. Could not screencap cuz PrintScreen function does not cap the mouse cursor and I had no third party screen cap software.

6) When I click the critter, nothing happens, but I get text that says "Pet battle already in progress" and "Invalid pet-battle team." I checked out my pet journal and the pet battle slots are locked, I am not sure how to unlock it. Dragging pets over to it doesnt work.

7) I can no longer attack and kill wild pet critters.

8) Right clicking pets in the journal gives a plethora of options.

Set Favorite: Not sure what it does, probably just a filter.
Release: It's gone! Not sure why you would want to do this lol but it is there
Put in cage: This one is curious. If you put it in cage, you lose it from the journal, but a cage gets put in your bag. You can vendor it AND put it on AH. Cages on AH just say "a unique pet" so people have no idea what they are lol.

Last edited by Quiv on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

Yeah, a lot of those I figured out already. The how to pet battle is good advice though! I didn't know that one. As for the crashing.. I've just had it crash every 5 minutes or so... No matter what I'm doing. I got frustrated and just gave up... I'll try again later.

And yeah, I had to recopy my character... I also copied my other 2 mount/pet collectors :D

I was a little disappointed that the favourites isn't working yet :( But again, still beta, so I guess it'll be coming soon. I'm also really hoping that they put in summon/mount random buttons. Macros are fine, but especially for mounts, they can get REALLY annoying to update every time you learn a new mount. Also.. being able to.. say.. summon a random pet that's marked as a favourite would be about the same (again, can do it as a macro.. but then you have to update it every time you get a new pet!)

The locked thing doesn't mean they're locked, just means nothing's in them yet! You can drag the pet's icon from the journal, to the slot, and it'll put the pet there.
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

CrystalKitten wrote:The locked thing doesn't mean they're locked, just means nothing's in them yet! You can drag the pet's icon from the journal, to the slot, and it'll put the pet there.
I tried that and swear it didn't work. Sure enough though I did it again and voila. Thanks!