Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 27: Devilsaurs!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Re: Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 27: Devilsaurs!

Unread post by Miacoda »

And now for my alts devilsaurs!

Hunter #2, Espen, has a black devilsaur named Nidhoggr! He's named after the giant black dragon that gnaws on the roots of the world tree Yggdrasil.
Nidhoggr is quite ferocious to enemies, and he'll even give allies an evil eye or two. He's loyal to Espen and a few others only. He tolerates everyone else. He doesn't like to show affection in public, but if no ones around (not even looking away, there can be no one there, haha) he'll give Espen an affectionate nuzzle or careful shove. At night, he'll curl himself around Espen to protect him (because a giant worgen totally can't protect himself, amirite? :P) He's sort of like a gruff father that loves his son but tries not to be too soft on him..? lol Espen is fine with it though. He knows Nidhoggr is a softy deep down, it just takes a bit to get the soft side out. :lol:

Hunter #3, Sarahma, has a white devilsaur named Albion, which is the oldest known name of Great Britain, said to have come from the Latin word Albus meaning white. I gotta, say I'm really not that fond of the white devilaur skin, just because of the purple. It's just not a shade of purple that I enjoy, but when I look at Albion I like to think that he's just all white. :) Albion is a bit of a derpasaurus. He's very loving and loyal, but he does have his little derpy moments. :P Sarahma embraces it though and loves him dearly.

And then both of my hordies have red devilsaurs. :)
Kilalan, hunter #5, has Dred! I thought the "Raptor King" would be very fitting for my troll, and they have a great bond. :) They're great friends and like pretty much all of my devildaurs, he's protective and he loves his "mom." He can be a bit bossy to Kilalan's other pets, but most of them just roll their eyes (I mean, if they have that ability. I don't think Tapdance the beetle could really roll his eyes, hehe) and go along wiht it. Dred totally thinks he's still the king, and the only one he listens to is Kilalan. He has love and respect for her.

My blood elf, hunter #6, Miacoda (who I still plan to name change at some point.. heh) has Mosh! I love King Mosh, he's one of my favorite rares, and I used to have him on Miacoda the Night Elf until Krush came along. Ever since then I have always wanted to find a home for him. He's my little Moshmosh. <3 He's a fun, friendly, and playful dino. He loves belly rubs and playing fetch (Krush also likes these activities, hehe. I guess you could say they're similar in personality and likes.) He... also likes to terrify the little critters, but he usuall doesn't harm them. He just sees it as a game. :)

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

I was late to Devilsaurs too. For the longest time, I didn't think any of them would look good with Myri. But at some urging from my friends, I decided to finally give them a try. I went and tamed one of every skin color, before settling on the White and Purple one.

Meet Sweetums. He hasn't left Myri's side since.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Oh! Rulian has a pic with Sweetums! :D
Thankfully Sweetums doesn't seem aware that Rulian has absorbed his mistress. :lol:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Sweetums is not concerned, but Eggbert looks a little bit worried :lol:
Hilde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor eu

Unread post by Hilde »

The first pet I tamed when I got to 69 and got the BM talent was a devilsaur. I tamed King Mosh in Un'goro crater and he was with me on many journeys through dungeons. I do remember a confused druid tank in Drak'tharon keep that wondered why he couldn't kill my pet. :p Then it was King Mosh against King Dred. I wonder how it would be like if they retained their size when tamed.

Then I decided to scout for another king, namely King Krush. One early morning he was wandering around and I flew down to tame. He feared me, and I had a gorilla beat on me as I tried to tame, but he was mine. :D I was so scared he would be hard to find because of that stupid frostbitten achievement. Aotona still eludes me.

I named him Dinomite because I'm cheesy like that. Sometimes he decides to let out a big roar.
Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Galaxy »

Bliss. ... smh ... Bliss.

So, my fiancee has become accustomed to me chatting his ear off while playing and the scene usually goes something like this:

Me: So, I really like the new songs on the "Nightmare Befo"- BLISS! BLISS!?!?!?!?! WHERE ARE YOU!? *begins running around in circles*

Him: She run away again?

Me: $#&t&!!!!!!

Him: Despawned?

Me: DESPAWNED!!!!!! LAZY!!!! *summons*

Bliss doesn't sweat. She doesn't run. She doesn't fight without protesting. She is a pure dumb diva who eats books and fish and gets something in her tiny brain and is sticks to it like a mule. Yes, actually, she must be a giant white mule wearing a tiara.

Frequently in bgs you'll hear me exclaim, "Bliss! Go! GO! GO ALREADY!!!" as she WALKS to her target and gently nips him/her on the noggin.

...then despawns.

She'll run with me MAYBE a block...then says "I don't sweat" (I SWEAR she does!) and despawns.

I don't know if I just have a buggy tame or not, but the quirks and how furious she makes me made her so special that there is no way I could release her. Even if I DO have King Krush. (Who, might I add, behaves brilliantly in raids comparatively)

<3

I first fell in love with the pets when I tamed the brown one and noticed he got a bloody nose every time he did his special roar. :)

Aw man. Maybe I need to make a full stable of Devilsaurs!!!!! :D I'm getting nostalgic!

Epic Sig by the Epic CandidHeartbeat <3
Azerothian Days

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Great thread, I remember taming Krush at level 80 in WOTLK which was incredibly tense. I think i ended up wiping about 4 or 5 times before finally finding a Priest to come put Fear Ward on me and I had another friend killing other beasts that were around us. Luckily no one was around to gank him. It was a mess and that 20 second tame was the most / longest I've ever waited for a tame to end that I have ever experienced.

He was by far the hardest tame I've ever done, and I've kept him ever since then. Unfortunately he doesn't get too much use since I'm better at SV and enjoy the shot rotation better as SV as well :(

Maybe that'll change in panda, its much easier to level as BM anyways :)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Shaded
Realm: Arthas (US)

Unread post by Shaded »

I'm not too late to show Devilsaur appreciation, am I?

Towards the end of BC, my guild was working on BT and we got a few bosses each time we went, until we finally managed to kill Illidan a time or two. Back then, I had a different hunter than I have now (long story short, RAF account, moved mains to that account, account got hacked, had to level all over again on old account). And I decided, being a BM hunter, that I wanted a Devilsaur. So I went out to Un'goro, the place where low levels go to die, and began looking around. I already knew which one I wanted, a black and blue one. Two of my favorite colors... unfortunately, I don't quite remember what I named him. It started with a K...

I think I drove everyone nuts with his loud foot falls. But, seeing as I quickly became top hunter in the group, not many people complained about the Kara geared girl and her Devilsaur.

I think my fondest memory was when we were on one of the first bosses in there... Supremus? The one that shoots lava and volcanos and you have to run away from him or it hurts. Badly. Mostly resulting in death... back then, pets could get targetted for stuff, and our raid leader suddenly calls out my Devilsaur's name and told him to "RUN AWAY"... I don't know why, but that just made me crack up and I put him on passive until the boss went to the next target.

Wish I had pics, but I have none from that far back. New computer and all of that. :/

- Shade of Arthas -
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Pets | Mounts | Companions
Taming Tales | Hunting Journal: Mounts

Blaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Illidan

Unread post by Blaix »

This little lovebug was once named Githinji (means butcher) but I found the name to be extremely ill-fitting after running around with this Devilsaur, even for a bit. Renamed her Cholula (mmmmmmmm). I don't really fight with her, shes more of a really big companion pet, haha :)

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Tsara now has a devilsaur of her very own. :3 Originally I thought I was going to get King Krush on her, but, in keeping with my theme of doing something different, I opted for the white devilsaur. I flew around Un'Goro for over an hour looking for one thanks to CRZ, and when I finally stumbled upon the first one, some jerk from another server runs up and purposely kills my dino mid tame and then hearths. I know they're not rares and all but damn it can be hard to find the color devil you want in that jungle! :lol: I had already apologized and killed a red one just to reset the spawn timers. So after having to watch my initial dino be killed right in front of me, I started circling the zone again, shortly running into another white, this time in a slightly more secluded area. This tame went off without a hitch. :D

Meet Hyacinth, my first ever female devilsaur. ^_^
She's knows she's big, powerful, and gorgeous and she's not afraid to indulge in herself a little bit, sometimes being a bit of a prissy diva. Tsara doesn't mind this though--so long as the job gets done then her pets deserve some praise.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Wow, that's really stupid that someone would go out of their way to kill a regular ol' devilsaur mid-tame. That's not even a populated zone anymore! That takes a special kind of douchebaggery. Glad you did finally manage to get one, though! :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Hehe yeah, I was just like "O_o Seriously?" We've been having quite a few problems with people from Whisperwind it seems. =/ And thanks to CRZ the zones have become a lot more populated.

[/center]
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. XD

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Yay Devilsaurs!

I had stopped playing my hunter in Wrath, because I didn't want to be MM or SV and I didn't want to be stuck with a wolf. When the hunter changes happened in Cata (they made us more of a buffing class than before), and human hunters came around, I race changed my toon and started playing around with him. I quickly caught the hunter bug again, but was unhappy that BM (the spec that I adore) was still not a high damage spec. I began leveling as SV, hoping that I would eventually like it.

There was some topic about King Krush on Petopia that popped up back then, and looking at the screenshots made me really want him in my stable. I love the color green, and I love dinosaurs! I posted a reply saying, "If I ever find Krush, I will go BM." That night I looked for him, and there he was. I haven't switched out of BM since. I even raided as BM, and still did perfectly fine damage. I don't think he's left my five active pet slots since I got him!

My Krush is named Sharptooth, after the t-rex in the movie "The Land Before Time." I blame that movie for starting my dinosaur obsession when I first saw it as a kid.

Here he is freshly tamed.

And here he is now. He matches Kalhoun perfectly, I think.

I love him so much, I even painted a picture of him. :D

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yay!!! I know exactly how you feel, I'm a die-hard BM player. There was a time in LK that I went SV for a little while, but it didn't last long. :lol:

I really love that picture you did of Krush. It is amazing!!!

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Rhyela wrote:I really love that picture you did of Krush. It is amazing!!!
Thanks. :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Ever since I've seen the new Devilsaur skins, I've felt conflicted. Should I keep King Mosh or try one of the new ones? If one of the new ones, which one?

Today I was in Sholazar on my never-ending quest for a rare Shardhorn, when who should I see, stomping towards his Nesingwary Base Camp death? I don't usually do spontaneous rare tames, but well, here we are. My Devilsaur dilemma has been solved. Meet Bamboo:

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I love how many devilsaur debates can be solved by Krush crashing the party. ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

D'aww, I love the name! Very fitting. :)
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Something about Krush is just... well.... epic

I remember back at the tail end of Wrath I had my Krush out in a OS103D (if you dont know what that was, its a 10 man zerg-fest on Sarth in OS to get the black drake mount).

Anywho, it was doable in PUG form back at the end of Wrath some of the time. I was in a group for my first attempt back when my hunter was a Night Elf. We kept wiping around 10-15% on Sarth. Too much flame and other drakes eating us up.

While waiting for our 5th or 6th attempt, in one of those *fluke* moments, I accidently hit my Hunter's Mark / Pet Attack macro and Krush ran in to attack Sarth. I yelled some sort of obscenity in chat, and the tank said "eff it" and charged in after Sarth 2 shotted the charging Krush. Everyone jumped up from eating feasts etc and we somehow managed to pull off the unthinkable Sarth 3D kill off my Krush's antics.

One of the top 10 Wow moments for me probably. Never thought having the "pet pull boss and get killed" strategy would be something that would work.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~