[suggestion] something to replace eotb and blink strike

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

[suggestion] something to replace eotb and blink strike

Unread post by pop »

I'm tad afraid that if we choose blink strike, it would be part of Hunter's esp BM's rotation or priority skill sets.

My idea is to replace with it with either a passive skill or a different active skill.

My suggestions;

a)Rhumba (passive)

Your critical strikes from offensive ranged attack and Kill Command have the chance to summon 3 spitting cobra that last for 8 seconds. Each cobra will deal 3% weapon damage in the form of nature damage.

b)Serpent Ward
20 focus, 100 seconds cool down

Summons a serpent ward that for 16 seconds that attack the target with a weaker versions of your attacks on the target in the form of venomous spits with 30% nature damage of your original shot or Kill Command. example if you use arcane shot, the serpent cobra would spit out venom that would cause 30% of the arcane damage to the target in the form of nature damage, or if you use muli shot or barrage, same rules apply but it would be aoe as well.

If the ward is destroyed by your enemies it will burst into several cobras that will cause x% nature damage to the attacked and stuns the attacker for 4 seconds.\

EYE OF THE BEAST

Here is my suggestion for eye of the beast

Summon Ferret (learn-able at level 20)
You summon a small ferret. When you use this skill, you control a ferret which leaves your body vulnerable. While controlling the ferret, you would access these skills;

-Stealth
-Big Brother; Summon your pet to either guard you or to follow and guard your ferret
-Sniff-detect any stealth or invisible players or mobs
-Sprint- Increase your movement speed by 70% for 8 seconds, 20 second cd.

Glyphs
Glyphs of the Groundhog-instead of ferret, you change into a groundhog
other forms for this spell; snake, worm, rabbit, cat etc
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: [suggestion] something to replace eotb and blink strike

Unread post by Ziarre »

That's the point of the talents. They're supposed to change up your rotation in a form that you choose based on the talent you pick.

The first two of these sound OP, especially the Ward. The 'EotB' makes no sense for a combat talent, which is what these are.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

the eye of the beast is my suggestion of how eotb should make a comeback
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

But...we have Flare? And Track Hidden? I mean, the main purpose of that spell seems to be flushing out stealthers, and we have some nice tools in our kit for that.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Masquerain
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Masquerain »

But ... But a ferret would be sooo adorable. I love the idea, but I don't really see it's practical application in WoW. :(
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Ziarre wrote:But...we have Flare? And Track Hidden? I mean, the main purpose of that spell seems to be flushing out stealthers, and we have some nice tools in our kit for that.
Yeah, I'd rather pop a quick flare ahead of where I'm running than to leave myself exposed, running around sniffing...
Although I would like Eye of the Beast brought back, just not in this format.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Equeon wrote:
Ziarre wrote:But...we have Flare? And Track Hidden? I mean, the main purpose of that spell seems to be flushing out stealthers, and we have some nice tools in our kit for that.
Yeah, I'd rather pop a quick flare ahead of where I'm running than to leave myself exposed, running around sniffing...
Although I would like Eye of the Beast brought back, just not in this format.
You can pop camouflage before casting the spell :)