Value of pet buffs by class...

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Value of pet buffs by class...

Unread post by Slickrock »

Zeharah posted something quite interesting over at EJ that I think everyone should be aware of... if you have to pick between buffs, there are some interesting choices here. This is with T14 normal gear.

Screen Shot 2012-09-01 at 11.19.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2012-09-01 at 11.19.53 AM.png (64 KiB) Viewed 2376 times
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Value of pet buffs by class...

Unread post by Kalliope »

Moral of the story: BRING ALL THE BUFFS!

<3 Zeharah for these sorts of stats. And I absolutely love how you literally turned the chart into an infographic!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Slickrock

well, it is her chart too... :-)

The really big difference is the change of mastery for SV and MM vs BM. If you are doing 5-mans or are missing buffs in raid, a cat doesn't cut it anymore for MM or SV if you need to maximize.
Kalliope

Yes, it's her chart, but you turned it into an easily linkable/printable graphic. ^_^

The mastery+BM thing doesn't surprise me in the least, since if you're BM, chances are, you want to run with your spirit beast. ;) (Not me so much, but many many others, hee.)

YouTube Edition

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Kalliope wrote:The mastery+BM thing doesn't surprise me in the least, since if you're BM, chances are, you want to run with your spirit beast. ;) (Not me so much, but many many others, hee.)
Crit still tops it though! My temperamental Devilsaur, Vixen, has been having a blast gloating and flaunting her new top dog status to all her stablemates! :twisted:
Kalliope

Sesamee wrote:
Kalliope wrote:The mastery+BM thing doesn't surprise me in the least, since if you're BM, chances are, you want to run with your spirit beast. ;) (Not me so much, but many many others, hee.)
Crit still tops it though! My temperamental Devilsaur, Vixen, has been having a blast gloating and flaunting her new top dog status to all her stablemates! :twisted:
Color me unsurprised on this front too. :D Devilsaurs, QUILEN WITH BATTLE RESES - yeah, plenty of BM hunters wanting to run with them too! :D

YouTube Edition

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I was looking at Noxxic while forging my hunters gear and BM and Marks are actually really similar now o.o both reforge mastery and haste into crit where possible (reforge out of haste first tho, mastery is still more important to that, where as in marksman you reforge your mastery into crit first). Of course thats also with the hit and expertise 7.5% cap. Makes me happy, i can play both specc's in dungeons or out in the land!

Im reforged for MM specifically so i wont go BM in raids but BM+MM dual speccers have a lot more freedom for dungeons now i feel. I was doing really, really poorly in MM reforge while in BM specc and now im doing fairly well, well... a lot better then before :lol:. I plan on questing as BM and dungeoning as MM unless people need an exotic buff.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Slickrock

Well, the other issue with reforging is now with expertise, by the time you get that close to 7.5%, you only really have one ore maybe 2 items that you can really shift your haste/crit/mastery bonus around with anyway, so it's not a huge deal. The rest of your gear will be balanced for either hit or mastery.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

*nod nod* With the stats are very similar, its more possible now then before to switch between MM and BM in groups which gives us a greater variety for each encounter within the group. As a result of this, i dont think we're really going to see any single pet used the most over others. Like, Devilsaur, Hydra, and Wolves have the same buffs. So do Cats and Spirit Beasts (of course exotics get an extra perk but those are im fairly sure ones that are usually covered in raids such as the Kings by shale spiders, bloodlust/time warp by core hounds, stamina by silithids..). Though considering that quiliens have the battle rez.. i can sorta see an army of fu dogs prancing around a big raid boss's room or lined up behind the boss biting at its ankles :lol:

(lol i dont have my glasses on, i had to re-read the thread, i think the specc and pet thing im talking about mostly applies to the conversation kalli and sesamee were talking about xD im getting myself all confused now trying to figure out what the hells going on so ima just prance over to my WoW again and lvl)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |