5.2 Hunter Changes

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

5.2 Hunter Changes

Unread post by Lisaara »

* Bestial Wrath may now be activated when there is no line of sight to the Hunter's pet.
* Silencing Shot now has a 24 second cooldown (was 20).
* Binding Shot no longer has a Focus cost.
* Wyvern Sting no longer has a Focus cost, and its cooldown is now 45 seconds (was 60 seconds).
* Glyph of Marked for Death has been removed, and its effects are now baseline.
* New Glyph: Glyph of Liberation. This glyph now causes Disengage to heal the Hunter for 5% of maximum health when used.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Re: 5.2 Hunter Changes

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Junrei wrote:* Bestial Wrath may now be activated when there is no line of sight to the Hunter's pet.
Only thing I really care about. This was the most annoying thing EVER. If the slightest obstacle was blocking your view you couldn't BW. Even if there wasn't anything visibly in the way, it would stop you from BWing.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

It was very annoying. The slightest thing in your way and you were utterly screwed.

LisaaraPokefarm

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Silencing Shot now has a 24 second cooldown? I guess that means no more soloing Pandaren rares?
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Junrei wrote: * Glyph of Marked for Death has been removed, and its effects are now baseline.
I.... actually am not fond of this. You see, only one Hunter's Mark can be up at once. You use a Hunter's Mark manually to show you where that rogue is so he can't stealth. Or that tracking pet. Suddenly, you are attacked, and forced to start shooting at something. Bam! Old hunter's mark is gone.

If that annoyed you before, you just didn't have the Glyph. You could then keep your Hunter's Mark for use as showing where things are without having to worry about losing it when you attack something. Now? Constant loss on your following target.

As someone who uses the Glyph, and has been considering getting rid of it for just this reason, I am sad to see that change as I don't see any way of being able to keep such things from happening, unless a new 'Hunter's Tracking Mark' were introduced. Something that *only* reveals stealthers.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Zhinru wrote:Silencing Shot now has a 24 second cooldown? I guess that means no more soloing Pandaren rares?
Pandaren rares had already been buffed prior to this, which made soloing them more difficult to begin with. This will definitely not help with that, though. :/
Kurasu wrote:
Junrei wrote: * Glyph of Marked for Death has been removed, and its effects are now baseline.
I.... actually am not fond of this. You see, only one Hunter's Mark can be up at once. You use a Hunter's Mark manually to show you where that rogue is so he can't stealth. Or that tracking pet. Suddenly, you are attacked, and forced to start shooting at something. Bam! Old hunter's mark is gone.

If that annoyed you before, you just didn't have the Glyph. You could then keep your Hunter's Mark for use as showing where things are without having to worry about losing it when you attack something. Now? Constant loss on your following target.
I actually missed this change and completely agree with Kurasu - there are indeed times that you DON'T want this effect. On the other hand, using up a glyph slot for it wasn't fun either. My suggestion is to make it a baseline toggle, much like trap launcher.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Kalliope wrote:
Zhinru wrote:Silencing Shot now has a 24 second cooldown? I guess that means no more soloing Pandaren rares?
Pandaren rares had already been buffed prior to this, which made soloing them more difficult to begin with. This will definitely not help with that, though. :/
Yeah, with the current Silencing Shot cooldown I can barely manage to interrupt all the heals. If it goes anywhere up, I guess I'm in for infinite fight (unless they have an enrage timer... which would suck).
Kalliope

Zhinru wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
Yeah, with the current Silencing Shot cooldown I can barely manage to interrupt all the heals. If it goes anywhere up, I guess I'm in for infinite fight (unless they have an enrage timer... which would suck).
They don't have an enrage timer, but they will definitely make you cry after 20 minutes of no progress.

YouTube Edition

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Kurasu wrote:

I actually missed this change and completely agree with Kurasu - there are indeed times that you DON'T want this effect. On the other hand, using up a glyph slot for it wasn't fun either. My suggestion is to make it a baseline toggle, much like trap launcher.
From a PvE perspective, it's pretty good but PvP, however....I feel bad for you guys. :<

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Junrei wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
Kurasu wrote:If that annoyed you before, you just didn't have the Glyph. You could then keep your Hunter's Mark for use as showing where things are without having to worry about losing it when you attack something. Now? Constant loss on your following target.
From a PvE perspective, it's pretty good but PvP, however....I feel bad for you guys. :<
Actually, it's great from a PvP perspective (for the most part), since if you have a stealther marked, you're going to be on them anyway. It's definitely an annoyance for walking with any of the MoP rares, since using any major shot drops your mark, so they disappear on you. :(

YouTube Edition

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

SilShot cooldown change is completely unnecessary.
Image Image
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

For the Pandaren rares, when they cast twice before the timer was ready, I'd either readiness it, or scatter shot. It usually lasted long enough for SS to be ready again.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Using scatter shot or even intimidation does interrupt the heal but they will cast it again as soon as the stun wears off. I wasn't able to solo any of the Pandaren rares, I usually had the aid of a bear Druid. I do have the Glorious achievement though.

The change to BW is fantastic and sorely needed.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Junrei wrote:
Kalliope wrote:

Actually, it's great from a PvP perspective (for the most part), since if you have a stealther marked, you're going to be on them anyway. It's definitely an annoyance for walking with any of the MoP rares, since using any major shot drops your mark, so they disappear on you. :(
Ah well...yeah that would suck unless you're mounted. I'm usually mounted on a flier. They shouldn't get too far from you though, on the plus side!

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Yeah, it's far from the end of the world, but it is a bit annoying not to get to choose. :)

YouTube Edition

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah. Very annoying indeed. I suppose it could be worse though.

LisaaraPokefarm

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Honestly, I'd rather they just remove Hunter's Mark from the GCD. >_>
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

SS change was, at least in the developer's eyes, neccessary, it was stated by blues as being 'too good' and nobody was taking the alternatives.

That said, monk rares should be no problem these days, as they've actually been nerfed. Pre-5.1, it was common for Healing Mists to be cast twice within ten seconds if you interrupted the first one. A hunter simply couldn't solo one at normal gear levels, and I'd have to either call for help or move on. Post-5.1, said "double-heal" only happens once in a blue moon, and Healing Mists casts are frequently over 30 seconds apart. Monks are as easy as all the rest for me to solo now.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Kalliope

If the devs don't want us to take only silencing shot, then they should consider giving us a baseline interrupt (like most other classes) and replace the talent with something else. :D

YouTube Edition

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Kalliope wrote:If the devs don't want us to take only silencing shot, then they should consider giving us a baseline interrupt (like most other classes) and replace the talent with something else. :D
Agreed. Every class needs some manner of baseline interrupt.
Image Image