More dailies????

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

More dailies????

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I haven't seen it directly posted plus I'm horrible at searching but is 5.2 just going to be nothing but more dailies? I'm burnt out and done with daily grinds.
It would appear the new dino islands are nothing but daily quests hubs and grinding.

Is this true? Shame if it is and I will not be excited for 5.2 if all it means is more dailies & rep grind.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: More dailies????

Unread post by Nick »

I would hope not; I can barely do the dailies we have now let alone ones that they may or may not pile on us with 5.2. I mean, yea, some people burn through dailies and rep and all that fairly quickly and are always looking for more to do but still...

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Zaizo
Realm: Turalyon

Unread post by Zaizo »

the Isle of Giants is just for Hunter Tame and Dinosaur Bones from what I have seen the bones can be turned in for a Battle Pet and a Mount and a egg drops from the dinosaurs that hatches into a mount.

Isle of the Thunder King is a daily quest hub I don't think they would just stop making dailies because they messed up on the 1st batch also remember dailies are optional for the most part.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

The major new features of 5.2 is three new reputation factions, two available for each faction (Kirin Tor Offensive/Sunreaver Onslaught and Shado-Pan Assault - the latter is a raid rep), and lest we forget, Throne of Thunder, a new 12/13-boss raid.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I would expect there are more dailies. That's been the case with most patches since Burning Crusade. It's not like they'll probably be essential, though. So if you feel burnt out then take a break.

Plus if they're anything like 5.1 then the rep should go pretty quickly.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

The valor gear in 5.2 is not bound behind rep with the new factions though. Rep requirements on current valor gear still exists though, unless they changed it.

The valor gear in 5.2 will be done through the raid rep, not the dailies rep.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

There are more dailies and they will be essential to advancing the storyline and progress of your faction's offensive. They will also be essential to advancing the Wrathion story and obtaining your legendary meta gem. I have never had an issue with the dailies in MOP and have enjoyed them all. I still don't have a helper on my farm though.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Wain wrote:I would expect there are more dailies. That's been the case with most patches since Burning Crusade. It's not like they'll probably be essential, though. So if you feel burnt out then take a break.

Plus if they're anything like 5.1 then the rep should go pretty quickly.
That's what I'm doing, when I do log in, I only lvl up my battle pets. The game isn't going anywhere, and it's going to be much easier now to basically "catch up" with the new rep changes.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

AdamSavage wrote:That's what I'm doing, when I do log in, I only lvl up my battle pets. The game isn't going anywhere, and it's going to be much easier now to basically "catch up" with the new rep changes.
Good work. As the panda says "sloowww dowwwwwn", the game is to be savoured! :D
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Wain wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:That's what I'm doing, when I do log in, I only lvl up my battle pets. The game isn't going anywhere, and it's going to be much easier now to basically "catch up" with the new rep changes.
Guess everyone its own on that. For me personally it makes me want to unsub after I get done with it till a new patch comes out :( mainly because I noticed I barely log in at all.
I never had this on the previous expansions.

Sure we get more content faster but I have the feeling its also so because it wears out faster then it used to be.
It feels for me like the patch is just shiny for a couple of weeks and then it gets a feeling of dullness.

Regardless of that I will enjoy the new patch for what is worth for those couple of weeks it Haz dinosaurs in it so that alone makes me happy.
But yea it gives some food for thoughts :s
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Malackai wrote:
Wain wrote:
Guess everyone its own on that. For me personally it makes me want to unsub after I get done with it till a new patch comes out :( mainly because I noticed I barely log in at all.
I never had this on the previous expansions.

Sure we get more content faster but I have the feeling its also so because it wears out faster then it used to be.
It feels for me like the patch is just shiny for a couple of weeks and then it gets a feeling of dullness.

Regardless of that I will enjoy the new patch for what is worth for those couple of weeks it Haz dinosaurs in it so that alone makes me happy.
But yea it gives some food for thoughts :s
Mm, yeah I've been having similar feelings this expansion Malackai. I was really excited for it, and I enjoy MoP, but for some reason it hasn't been holding my interest when it comes to logging in frequently. I haven't really played in the past month or so (longer than that truthfully, I may have logged in, but I didn't do much). Just before the holidays I stopped raiding, thinking it was mostly because of the busy season, but I haven't felt compelled to go back to it. And it's not as though I'm lacking in other things to do, normally having reputation grinds unfinished keeps me busy forever, but I haven't felt any motivation to complete them after I got my Onyx Cloud Serpent. I do think they were a bit heavy-handed on the dailies this expansion, but I'm not blaming them for it, they're always trying something new with each one. I'm just a bit shocked since normally I have a completionist streak, and the fact that I haven't maxed out all the Pandaria reputations is very odd for me. Hell, I still haven't even done the 5.1 stuff.

I'm really excited for 5.2, but I do wonder how long that'll last once I have my direhorn and do the new content enough to satisfy my curiosity.

Sorry for going a bit off topic there, it's been mulling on me lately.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Vephriel wrote: Mm, yeah I've been having similar feelings this expansion Malackai. I was really excited for it, and I enjoy MoP, but for some reason it hasn't been holding my interest when it comes to logging in frequently. I haven't really played in the past month or so (longer than that truthfully, I may have logged in, but I didn't do much). Just before the holidays I stopped raiding, thinking it was mostly because of the busy season, but I haven't felt compelled to go back to it. And it's not as though I'm lacking in other things to do, normally having reputation grinds unfinished keeps me busy forever, but I haven't felt any motivation to complete them after I got my Onyx Cloud Serpent. I do think they were a bit heavy-handed on the dailies this expansion, but I'm not blaming them for it, they're always trying something new with each one. I'm just a bit shocked since normally I have a completionist streak, and the fact that I haven't maxed out all the Pandaria reputations is very odd for me. Hell, I still haven't even done the 5.1 stuff.

I'm really excited for 5.2, but I do wonder how long that'll last once I have my direhorn and do the new content enough to satisfy my curiosity.

Sorry for going a bit off topic there, it's been mulling on me lately.
*Also off topic*

It might stem from the fact that, while this expansion can try, it's still WoW. WoW hasn't changed. And after playing the same game for several years, playing every day... No matter how much one loves the game, at some point it's going to get boring. I'm in a WoW slump as well, because sure, I'm not exalted with every faction, I don't have all the mounts I want- but I've done it all before. A rep grind is still a rep grind no matter how interesting the story.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Vephriel

LupisDarkmoon wrote: *Also off topic*

It might stem from the fact that, while this expansion can try, it's still WoW. WoW hasn't changed. And after playing the same game for several years, playing every day... No matter how much one loves the game, at some point it's going to get boring. I'm in a WoW slump as well, because sure, I'm not exalted with every faction, I don't have all the mounts I want- but I've done it all before. A rep grind is still a rep grind no matter how interesting the story.
*nodnod* Yep, I definitely haven't ruled that out. I've been playing since release, so I'm sure it's only natural for things to feel a bit stale after so many years. Every now and then I go into lull periods and stay away for a few weeks or a few months. I'll probably just ease off and play when I want to rather than logging in with no purpose in mind. I don't even have game time currently, it ran out and I can't renew it quite yet, but I was going to wait until 5.2 anyways.

I do like the idea of dailies, in a sense, but I'm not sure I'm fully on board with the method they tried in MoP.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Welp, the main draw back with the way that they tried to do dailies in 5.0 were they are very front loaded and you feel overwhelmed. When you try to do them all, you burn yourself out before you even get to those that are gated. In 5.1 they learned from their mistake. We got one extra faction rep and we only had a slotted so many dailies for that rep. [Usually about six.] Plus they added in a way for you to speed up your rep so you don't get so burned out.

My trick to keep myself from getting burned out from dailies was to pick only one faction at a time and work on it. Order of the Cloud Serpents were my first, followed by the Tillers. The Golden Lotus dailies still managed to burn me out some, but after that I got my anglers done and now I'm working on Domination Point. Afterwards, I plan on doing Shado-pan and then August Celestials. This is my way of keeping it at a nice pace where it doesn't burn me out and if it does, then it's no real problem when I take a break from them to do other things. The content is not going anywhere anytime soon.

But once you get most of those front loaded dailies done, you start to realize that there isn't....much....after. You can still do dailies for charms, but you only need 90 charms a week to get your coins. Which....if you did Golden Lotus everyday or even on and off until exalt...then you probably had plenty of coins stacked up. Dailies really aren't that bad of an issue when they're not so front loaded like they were. :3 Aka, don't kill yourself with dailies when you don't have to. Ahaha.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

The funny thing is that Blizzard told us from the beginning that we needed to slow down, basically in order to stretch out the content. Honestly? That was never going to work on the vast majority. :lol: Sure, we had the freedom to do so, but very often, eager players didn't choose to do so. That's not to say that others didn't; it's just that I highly suspect it wasn't as many people as all that.

The gating of the storyline in 5.1 made a lot more sense.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Removing the cap on dailies has led to me doing...less dailies. I've only been working on one or two factions at a time. (Except in the beginning, when I was doing Cloud Serpents/Tillers/Nat Pagle all at once, with all the fishing involved.) I can understand it being overwhelming for people chasing gear, though.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Exactly - it's burnout either way. Either you burn out from trying to keep up with allllllll the dailies or you burn out because you acknowledge that you have no desire to keep up and know that you won't be able to.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Not really burnout on my part, though. I wouldn't mind doing more dailies, but I've been enjoying working on my mini-pets instead! :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I actually don't mind the dailies the first time around.

I mind them when I have to repeat them on alts.

I refuse to do them on other toons. They take far too long. Hell, when I was still doing every faction on my main, I would literally spend 4-5 hours flying around to do them all.
Vephriel

Kalliope wrote:Exactly - it's burnout either way. Either you burn out from trying to keep up with allllllll the dailies or you burn out because you acknowledge that you have no desire to keep up and know that you won't be able to.
Haha, yeah that's a good way of putting it. I certainly never did much to burnout on dailies themselves because I only ever dabbled in one reputation focus at a time. It's certainly exhausting thinking of all the ones I still have to do though, so that could definitely be it.