Making Soap
- Rawr
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 4488
- Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 pm
- Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
- Gender: Female
Making Soap
So my super picky skin has limited me to Dove White Beauty Bar and Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar, I'm wondering if making my own soap might be better. With only a few ingredients I figure it would be better. So anyone have any advise, the internet instructions seem pretty straight forward but I was hoping someone here would have a little more incite into making it. Any help would be appreciated. 

- cowmuflage
- Petopia Artist
- Posts: 11998
- Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
- Realm: dath remar
- Gender: female
- Location: New zealand, auckland
Re: Making Soap
I'd say test everytihng before making it. Just because it's got only a few ingredients does not mean those ingredients are not the ones that are not good for your skin. I've found for my skin things that are 100% natural are worse than the ones with chemicals in, Like way worse! (I once made natural shampoo and my god my hair was basicly falling out >.>) So always test everything! Trust me it will save time!
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
Re: Making Soap
What Cow said. Though at least if you're making your own you can control the ingredients and experiment. So you could possibly find out exactly what aggravates your skin.
Also, if it requires sodium hydroxide, please be careful!
Also, if it requires sodium hydroxide, please be careful!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
- Novikova
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 3264
- Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:29 am
- Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.
Re: Making Soap
http://www.embercove.com/ has some really good ones that don't set my skin off. Normally most soaps make it feel like my face has been paddled by a thousand tiny, angry squirrels. She also throws in a free honey bee soap with every 15 dollar purchase. Savor's soaps are good, too. You might check out their ingredients lists for ideas.
Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!

