[speculation] stormcrow, fairy dragon, ancient pet

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

[speculation] stormcrow, fairy dragon, ancient pet

Unread post by pop »

I'm pretty sure that the next xpac would be about the Emerald Nightmare

and there is also something about the BLACK FOREST whispered by one of SOO's Boss...
Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: [speculation] stormcrow, fairy dragon, ancient pet

Unread post by Sar »

The Black Forest was mentioned by Yogg back in Wrath as well :)
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

pop wrote:I'm pretty sure that the next xpac would be about the Emerald Nightmare

and there is also something about the BLACK FOREST whispered by one of SOO's Boss...
It's been discussed elsewhere that the Emerald Dream story is wrapped up in one of the books already, so it's unlikely a full expansion would be based on it.

That said, it's possible we could go back there for a bit for one reason or another.

Black Forest? They should do something with the Black Forest on DMF Isle.. that one is pretty dark.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Slickrock wrote:
pop wrote:I'm pretty sure that the next xpac would be about the Emerald Nightmare

It's been discussed elsewhere that the Emerald Dream story is wrapped up in one of the books already, so it's unlikely a full expansion would be based on it.
Emerald Nightmare wasn't completely resolved in books. As you can read from here, it was pushed back to specific area in the Dream, but that part was left to wait till there would be better time to deal with it completely.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Well when Ysera lost her Aspect power, it makes you wonder who is lording over the Emerald dream now...

I expect a High Seas / Burning Legion theme though.
Slickrock

Aggannor wrote:
Slickrock wrote:

Emerald Nightmare wasn't completely resolved in books. As you can read from here, it was pushed back to specific area in the Dream, but that part was left to wait till there would be better time to deal with it completely.
Hmm.. good to know. Still, the next expac almost has to revolve around burning legion, given the hints at every turn from Wrathion, but the mid-expansion tier could certainly go off another area if they can work in into the story...

So, let's put it this way.

Assuming the major plotline of the next expac is the burning legion attacking, how would the Emerald Dream/Nightmare work into the storyline?

As a side note I think one of the things that we still could see is major troll involvement again, were we go fight the Zandalari on their own turf. Some day we need to solve that problem for good.
Slickrock

Quivering wrote:Well when Ysera lost her Aspect power, it makes you wonder who is lording over the Emerald dream now...

I expect a High Seas / Burning Legion theme though.
New player class of pirate?... :D
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

That quote is from the old god, Y'Shaarj. Y'Saarj and the Black forest have also been referenced by the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron:

"Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest."

Y'Saarj is said to have seven heads and upon his death the seven Sha were spawned.

"Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside."

Looks like the Puzzle Box foreshadowed quite a bit.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Personally, I think that we won't see Legion expansion coming up next.

WARNING! Big spoilers about Patch 5.4 follow!

According to current current Wrathion sound files on PTR, his plans to unite Azeroth (support other faction so that it crushes other) fail and he says something along the lines of "next time he will stop at nothing to unite this world", which could imply that there is still time (note that he hasn't said anything about when the Legion is coming during the entire expansion, he has only said that it is coming. But more importantly, he reveals that he was supporting Alliance, and after Orgrimmar, they could have taken Thunder Bluff to finish Horde, but "it would have taken year or two".

So he plans to unite the world (or stable, depending on how you look it), but he also hints, that he knows that it would still have taken quite a bit of time. So I guess that next expansion will be about dealing with some more urgent problem and preparing for Legion.
Slickrock

Well, if the very hard to blue text is correct, and timeline is pushed back, then I'm calling it here, we are going to Zandalaria... hope you packed for some hot weather.
Tunderbrew
Realm: Zangarmarsh

Unread post by Tunderbrew »

I agree with Aggannor. The return of the Legion and the Twisting Nether feels like a story being held for the end of this incarnation of WoW/Warcraft, in addition to the 5.4 tidbits with Wrathion. Not only that, Azeroth still has a number of loose ends. I expect some more sea exploration in the next expansion(Kul'tiras, South Seas, etc) that will lead us to confronting Azshara/the Naga, followed by N'zoth and friends. A trip to the Emerald Dream would be an easy jump from those threads, especially given who lurks in its depths.

*straps on tinfoil hat* Perhaps he who lurks in the Dream provides an in for the Legion to return to Azeroth?

As Slickrock pointed out, there is still the Zandalari as well. Zul is conspicuously absent from Pandaria and most likely has a sizable portion portion of his grand fleet with him(I doubt the Dark Prophet put all of his people's eggs in the Lei Shen basket)

Finally, my unlikely wish, Danath returns to Stromgarde >.>
For Ironforge!
Warcraft Pets
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Wait... what does the topic have to do with the title? "stormcrow, fairy dragon, ancient pet", are you saying these three things point to an emerald nightmare xpac?

also what is ancient pet?
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Quivering wrote:also what is ancient pet?
really really old and wrinkly? :lol:

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

haha it be out there breaking a hip in combat, falling asleep while you running around doing dailies
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I agree with others when they say the next expansion wont be the legion, it's kinda been done with outlands and sunwell tbh..I think the emerald dream would be great tho and we haven't really seen enough about it in game (apart from Stormrage waking up from it) plus i want my green drake mount!!

The store pet "blossoming ancient" leans towards the emerald dream as does the fairy dragon and stormcrow (very druidy). Perhaps the crow is tied to malfurion since he has the crow wings etc? I don't know just speculating here :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I dunno...Emerald Nightmare has mostly been taken care of via Stormrage book. So I highly doubt that they'd made an expansion based on a place that only druids could go(I also dont want them screwing up the lore and saying 'everyone can come in nao!' cause that would really piss in my cheerios. I'm very passionate about my druid and her lore).

I'm leaning towards the Burning Legion returning. We didn't destroy them. Kil'jaeden is still alive since we only smacked him back down his toilet bowl(and he's probably really pissed about that, btw). We've gotten a lot of legiony mini pets this expansion, plus the green felfire. And Wrathion seems to hint heavily at the return of the Legion.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Junrei wrote:I dunno...Emerald Nightmare has mostly been taken care of via Stormrage book. So I highly doubt that they'd made an expansion based on a place that only druids could go(I also dont want them screwing up the lore and saying 'everyone can come in nao!' cause that would really piss in my cheerios. I'm very passionate about my druid and her lore).

I'm leaning towards the Burning Legion returning. We didn't destroy them. Kil'jaeden is still alive since we only smacked him back down his toilet bowl(and he's probably really pissed about that, btw). We've gotten a lot of legiony mini pets this expansion, plus the green felfire. And Wrathion seems to hint heavily at the return of the Legion.
But with the mist the evil force created, others could enter the dream in dream-form, and I think, it's been a long time since I've read it, the green dragons allowed some no druids to physically enter by riding on them or something. Probably just my brain trying to scrounge up what it can still remember and getting it all jumbled up though, I'd have to re-read it to know for sure

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There are actually quests where we've been into the Emerald Dream. Or at least a little bit of it. It looked pretty cheap... just the regular world with some fog ;) But at least there's a precedent for non-Druids getting access to it :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Slickrock wrote:Well, if the very hard to blue text is correct, and timeline is pushed back, then I'm calling it here, we are going to Zandalaria... hope you packed for some hot weather.
Didn't that kind of... sink? Or did I misunderstand that part? I thought that's why all the Zanadalari were looking to found a new home in Pandaria.

It's also the thing that really disappointed me about the turn of events after Cataclysm. We've seen fallen empire after fallen empire of mad or evil trolls, their buildings crumbling around them. It's all a bit repetitive. The Zandalari were our friends and they were also at the height of their power. It would really have been pretty cool to see a flourishing troll civilization for once. I had been looking forward to it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Wain wrote:There are actually quests where we've been into the Emerald Dream. Or at least a little bit of it. It looked pretty cheap... just the regular world with some fog ;) But at least there's a precedent for non-Druids getting access to it :)
Oh yeah... in Hyjal we had to lead Fandral through the Emerald Dream... so it's possible then, with in-game argumental support, but with how vast and imaginative the Dream is, it's probably going to take the devs, concept artists, and storyline artists to the edge of their own imagination to try and come up with something that would really bring the Dream to life.

It's always been my thought in regards to the dream, that it's a extremely long term project, slowly compiling ideas and concepts together to build it up slowly, hence why we haven't seen anything regarding it in any great detail. Makes it all the more exciting to one day see it as a result :D I've been waiting for years for one.

We need like, crazy plant-beast mounts for it :yarly: Fairy Dragon would fit beautifully in that sorta place but Stormcrow.... That one is kinda iffy. If it was for an Emerald Dream concept, which personally I kinda doubt unless they don't plan to release it anytime soon, they'd have to create some disaster-themed storyline for it and well....... we kinda already had that with Cataclysm and we got our fill of lightning and storms and the like with Thunder King.... I have absolutely no idea how the crow's gonna get worked into the game

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |