Tamed Killmaw Pup in Shadowmoon Valley

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aoife
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mok'Nathal et al.

Tamed Killmaw Pup in Shadowmoon Valley

Unread post by Aoife »

I was looking for something to tame, after taming a hydra and a riverbeast. The Shadowmoon Stalkers aren't tameable and neither are the Void Wolf 'aberrations'. After killing Echidna, I was riding around and happened upon Killmaw, an elite wolf near Embaari Village. S/he isn't tameable but her/his pups are - and I did indeed tame one. Crashed trying to rename it.

:D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Tamed Killmaw Pup in Shadowmoon Valley

Unread post by Lupen202 »

There are also the wolves in Gloomshade grove that are tamable. I'll have to check their names though... Edit: They're called gloomshade howlers.

Killmaw's pups, those in Gloomshade grove, the Void wolves in Tanaan only, and then some frostwolves in Frostfire ridge are the only ones I've found so far. Many of those untamable right now make no sense what so ever, since they're abundant and all.. So I'm sure they'll make many more tamable come live.

Edit2: Also, I've been crashing trying to rename too; I think everyones been having problems.
Last edited by Lupen202 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Im sure any "Pups" are an accident lol
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

A pup using the actual pup model? I'm sure its a bug but I would love to see a screen shot.

Aoife
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Aoife »

SylviaDragon wrote:A pup using the actual pup model? I'm sure its a bug but I would love to see a screen shot.
No, it looks like a regular wolf model - just called a pup. I tamed a Gloomshadow Howler too - I'll post some screenshots of the 2 together tomorrow.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Interesting. Thanks. When I checked those last patch they were untameable :)

I should start getting the lists up soon so we can all help keep them updated as we find stuff. At the moment all we have is in a spreadsheet.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Aoife
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Aoife »

Aoife wrote:
SylviaDragon wrote:A pup using the actual pup model? I'm sure its a bug but I would love to see a screen shot.
No, it looks like a regular wolf model - just called a pup. I tamed a Gloomshadow Howler too - I'll post some screenshots of the 2 together tomorrow.
Here are screenshots of the 2 (Gloomshade Howler and Killmaw Pup):

Image Image

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Interestingly, there aren't pup skins for any but the frost wolf, and the fire and shadow ones. So they can't easily use the pups anywhere else. Maybe more skins are on the way.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

These wolves look so cool! Timber might have to have a makeover into the golden/tan one of the new wolves they're adding. Since you're on the beta, have they got the worg run? The run that makes them look like they're trying to do some kind of hand *cough* pawstand as they run or have broken a leg. Either way, I'll tame at least one of these beauties. And a hydra. And a Rylak. I've got my eye on the fancy wolves with fire and ice looking effects too :D
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Kayro wrote:These wolves look so cool! Timber might have to have a makeover into the golden/tan one of the new wolves they're adding. Since you're on the beta, have they got the worg run? The run that makes them look like they're trying to do some kind of hand *cough* pawstand as they run or have broken a leg. Either way, I'll tame at least one of these beauties. And a hydra. And a Rylak. I've got my eye on the fancy wolves with fire and ice looking effects too :D

I didn't tame this exact one, but I have one of these new wolves (mines purple from Tanaan). Mine runs with the "Coyote" or "Wolf" run, not the Worg run. Since these pictures show the wolves standing in the same "Coyote/Wolf" stance like mine, I imagine they run the same :)

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Wain wrote:Interestingly, there aren't pup skins for any but the frost wolf, and the fire and shadow ones. So they can't easily use the pups anywhere else. Maybe more skins are on the way.

I noticed too, while not a pet nor tamable, that there are Worgen pups in a cave in Frostfire, but they're just small adult worgens and they are labled as temp models. There's also dread raven young with the PH label. Interesting..

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Lupen202 wrote:There's also dread raven young with the PH label. Interesting..
Yes!! That got me wondering too! There are a few birds in SMV with PH labels, so if they're not meant to be Dread Ravens then I can't wait to see what new thing they have planned. Maybe more colours of the same model or maybe a new model.

(I did find spreadsheet evidence that they're intending to use the Thunder Isle birds somewhere, in multiple colours, too)
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Thunder isle birds as in Ji-kun? Because I saw some in Talador using eagle eye, but they were labled as PHs too. ( I have a picture up on the beta screenshots thread)

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Lupen202 wrote:Thunder isle birds as in Ji-kun? Because I saw some in Talador using eagle eye, but they were labled as PHs too. ( I have a picture up on the beta screenshots thread)
Il'l go look, but yes, Ji-Kun and all the other birds in her encounter. The entire spectrum of colours was listed.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rikaku wrote:
Kayro wrote:These wolves look so cool! Timber might have to have a makeover into the golden/tan one of the new wolves they're adding. Since you're on the beta, have they got the worg run? The run that makes them look like they're trying to do some kind of hand *cough* pawstand as they run or have broken a leg. Either way, I'll tame at least one of these beauties. And a hydra. And a Rylak. I've got my eye on the fancy wolves with fire and ice looking effects too :D

I didn't tame this exact one, but I have one of these new wolves (mines purple from Tanaan). Mine runs with the "Coyote" or "Wolf" run, not the Worg run. Since these pictures show the wolves standing in the same "Coyote/Wolf" stance like mine, I imagine they run the same :)
Good good. I can't stand the worg run. The purple one from Tanaan is the one I said had 'ice' effects on it, but now I see pictures of it, I see a more shadow look. I can't wait for Draenor :D wolves will take over my stable!
Joonces
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Joonces »

I tamed one of the Gloomshade wolves, and it thinks it's a warpstalker. When I first tamed it, it said "warp stalker" instead of "wolf" as its name -- and even now, it still has warpstalker abilities. Pretty funny actually!
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Joonces wrote:I tamed one of the Gloomshade wolves, and it thinks it's a warpstalker. When I first tamed it, it said "warp stalker" instead of "wolf" as its name -- and even now, it still has warpstalker abilities. Pretty funny actually!
You could confuse loads of people when they see you fight with him/her. They've got this huge wolf heading for them then poof! It's gone. And then begins to ruin their lives from behind :lol:
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Kayro wrote:
Joonces wrote:I tamed one of the Gloomshade wolves, and it thinks it's a warpstalker. When I first tamed it, it said "warp stalker" instead of "wolf" as its name -- and even now, it still has warpstalker abilities. Pretty funny actually!
You could confuse loads of people when they see you fight with him/her. They've got this huge wolf heading for them then poof! It's gone. And then begins to ruin their lives from behind :lol:
what???
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Warp Wolves have been discovered Pop! Draenor has some diverse wildlife, doesn't it ? :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That is pretty hilarious ;)