Pet health issues

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Pet health issues

Unread post by Twistedklown »

I noticed it during the alpha, and I reported it as a bug. But apparently they haven't fixed it. It cannot be intended.

The issue is that tamable pets introduced in Legion and from Legion areas have about 1/3 the health as pets that were already tamable from before Legion.

Example:
Legion Pets at level 100
DPS 67k health
Tank 107k health

Pre-Legion pets at level 100
DPS 203k health
Tank 325k health

It seems the health for the Legion pets has actually gone down since alpha. I remember the Legion tank pet having 123k or so health at level 100.

Just thought I'd throw this up here. Can't be intended, right? Anyway, reported it as a bug again.

Edit: Added a picture of the comparison of the differences. The health is a little higher than I posted above because the picture is from after getting the artifact weapon, and what I typed above was from before the artifact. Still shows the same differences.

CHOMPS is Friender which was introduced in Legion. Scamp is a Gilnean Hound from Cataclysm.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Tonnes
Realm: Sargeras

Re: Pet health issues

Unread post by Tonnes »

You're pretty much spot on with this post but some new tames have the correct health pool
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I suspect it's the ones that have level scaling. That sheep doesn't, from memory.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Tonnes
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Tonnes »

I think you're right on that, there was a blue thunderlizard I had before the servers got wiped that had a low health pool as well but I haven't gone out to get it again yet xD

I'm still salty they removed the tameability of the bloodhoof pack kodo in Mulgore to go pet hunting again x.x
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Twistedklown »

I went to test this with the mechanicals in the cave in LM or was it Wetlands; I always forget since I primarily play Horde. Got all the way there, and my brain finally woke up and slapped me. Forgot I lost the tame ability of mechanicals when I switched races again. Derp! Will try again once the servers stop lagging out.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

From what I've seen I believe it's a bug in the system. My draenei hunter is currently 100 but the eagle I tamed in Stormheim is 110 in my Stable.

http://i.imgur.com/VkEUvNe.jpg
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Looks like this bug might finally be resolved. My Legion pets have had their HP adjusted a lot, they're now equal with my pre-Legion pets. Hati seems to have had HP adjusted too, because now he has the same HP as my active non-Legion pet.