WANTED list - pet looks not yet found!

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

WANTED list - pet looks not yet found!

Unread post by Wain »

The following is a list of colours of Legion models that are yet to be reported on a tameable beast. Have you found any of them? Please let us know! :)

I've omitted mechanostriders since there are obviously LOADS of colours and they'll presumably be released slowly. I've also omitted single-look mechanicals where nobody has confirmed that the model should be tameable (like the rocket chicken).

Musken

Mana Sabers
- used by Myonix, but she's not tameable. Was also used as a second colour on the Mana Saber, but it seems to have been removed. Maybe they intend for it to be used on a rare or something?

New Mana Wyrms
- Maybe? used by the tameable Bloodscale Wyrm in Suramar, but I haven't been able to find it since Alpha ended.

Moose
- Possibly tameable? Used by Well-Fed Ironhorn Bull, which should appear when the Bacon world quest appears in Highmountain, but I haven't seen this quest pop for many weeks and so haven't been able to check its status. Also used by Majestic Elderhorn (the crazy running moose), but it seems like they don't want to set vignette / quest mobs tameable this xpac. A third white moose, Winter Elderhorn, is a non-attackable quest NPC.
- only seems to be used by Morashu (untameable). Morashu is supposed to be some kind of "ancient" power, so shouldn't be tameable anyway.

Does

Stags

- there are a few different tameable white stags in the Isles, but they all seem to use the Pandaren stag model! :P
: a look from Pandaria that remains unused. I'm including it here because other Pandaren stags have been used in the Isles.

Broken Isles Worgs
- used by two untameable NPCS: Bloodstalker Alpha (Part of "Worg Pack" vignette) and Den Mother Ylva (world quest mob and also level 112).

Maned Wolves

- this one IS actually tameable (Jandvik Ripfang) but that NPC becomes non-attackable early in the Jandvik quest chain, so it probably needs another source.
- actually in the database since WoD, but including it here anyway as it was recently used on Freyja. Hopefully it'll be used on a rare somewhere.

Boars
- used on one mob, Leytusk (untameable).

Mechanical Wolves
I'm listing these, but the mechanical wolves are all being treated as special tames, so it's possible they'll want to reserve the last two colours for later.

Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: WANTED list - pet looks not yet found!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Considering that they are adding some of the 'swirly-hide' Pandaren mobs in, and you *did* add the 'blond wolf' that's been there, I'd suggest adding in:

Imagepandarenstagpurple

You might also consider adding in the three 'still missing' bear skins as well, even though I know they're 'old skins'.

EDITED: Because I apparently suck at doing URLs any more.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Something that might be worth keeping an eye out for:

http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=92090/shyama-the-dreaded

The skin shown is the missing Mana Saber. I'm not sure if that's what it was before, but it might be something to keep an eye open for. Especially if Shyama is a rare people knew about earlier.

The 'NEW SKIN COMING' title pretty clearly points to the fact that she's either had a different skin that got changed, or that it will be changed (I don't know how long it's been there), but still thought it could be worth bringing up as a name for people to look for!

Also, a creature added in 7.0.3 with the same skin color:

http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=113694/pashya
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Also on the topic of the Dark Manasaber skin, it seems they appear with this rare spawn named "Archmage Nielthende". They are not attackable, but they do show up as a large star in Suramar. They have 2 mana sabers with them (named "Mana Saber") which are in the missing skin.

No one seems to know how to 'activate' this rare in order to flag them for combat, but it also seems fairly new.

There is also a hoard of "wisps" who will investigate you and give you the buffs you see at the top of my screenshot. Whether or not it's related, I'm not sure. But once you amass so many wisps, you begin to generate a mana-dust cloud at your feet (and your pets' feet).

Attachments
Mana_Saber+Rare.jpg
Mana_Saber+Rare.jpg (640.85 KiB) Viewed 1322 times

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Those wisps are involved with a toy bug that Blizz is hotfixing.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Rikaku wrote:Also on the topic of the Dark Manasaber skin, it seems they appear with this rare spawn named "Archmage Nielthende". They are not attackable, but they do show up as a large star in Suramar. They have 2 mana sabers with them (named "Mana Saber") which are in the missing skin.
She's the very same mob that is a quest-giver in Azsuna. In fact those Mana Sabers also have the same NPC IDs as her ones in Azsuna. So I'm unsure if this vignette thing is deliberate or if someone just punched in the wrong data for a new vignette and spawned her by mistake. There's another friendly mage who spawns near Thunder Totem too. Very weird.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kurasu wrote:Considering that they are adding some of the 'swirly-hide' Pandaren mobs in, and you *did* add the 'blond wolf' that's been there, I'd suggest adding in:
Imagepandarenstagpurple
Oh yeah, I'll add that one. Thanks :)