I'm dumb as a stump (regarding Glyphs)

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

I'm dumb as a stump (regarding Glyphs)

Unread post by Sigrah »

Freely admit it, but I've searched everywhere on my toons in the current public beta realms for glyphs , and for the life of me, I cannot find it anywhere. Did they remove every single glyph your character owned and you have to buy them again? Am I just officially an old man now? Someone help me out here.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: I'm dumb as a stump (regarding Glyphs)

Unread post by Rawr »

Here you go, http://eyesofthebeast.com/2016/05/new-h ... in-legion/ Eyes of the Beast has good info for Hunters. :mrgreen:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yep, all major glyphs have been removed. Minor glyphs have either been converted to toys, books that teach you the spell, or remain as glyphs that can be bought.
MaliciousCrow
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by MaliciousCrow »

For the new glyphs you have to get them and apply them directly to the spell they change. When you go to use the glyph, the spell will light up that it can be used on and once applied the corner will be marked showing you have a glyph active. Sadly if you want to change the glyph you have to overwrite the currently glyphed one on the spell.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Since I was making this list for myself I figured I'd share it since this seems to be the thread to do it, haha. When 7.0 drops the ink trader will stop taking Warbinder's Ink and will require the new Legion ingredients instead, so it may be worth stocking up on the necessary inks if you have a surplus of Draenor herbs or pigments or inks or feel like farming the older herbs while there's not much else to do.

Glyphs made in advance that still exist in Legion DO transfer safely from live to PTR/beta, so if you wanted to purchase or make certain glyphs now to have access to them right away, you could do that. Hunters only have one existing glyph that carries over which is dumb, but here's the list for all classes:

DEATH KNIGHT:
Foul Menagerie (3x Moonglow Ink)
Geist (3x Lion's Ink)
Skeleton (3x Midnight Ink)

DRUID:
Stars (3x Moonglow Ink)
Chameleon (Bear form version) (3x Blackfallow Ink)
Cheetah (3x Shimmering Ink)
Orca (3x Ink of the Sea)
Solstice (3x Ink of Dreams)

HUNTER:
Lesser Proportion (3x Ink of Dreams, RIP no dire beast glyphs 'til Legion proper)

MAGE
Crittermorph (3x Blackfallow Ink)
Evaporation (3x Lion's Ink)
Unbound Elemental (3x Jadefire Ink)

MONK
Crackling Tiger Lightning (3x Blackfallow Ink)
Fighting Pose (3x Ink of the Sea)
Honor (3x Ink of the Sea)
Rising Tiger Kick (3x Shimmering Ink)

PALADIN
Fire from the Heavens (3x Celestial Ink)
Pillar of Light (3x Ink of Dreams)
Luminous Charger (3x Shimmering Ink)
Winged Vengeance (3x Midnight Ink)

PRIEST
Inspired Hymns (3x Moonglow Ink)
Shackle Undead (3x Shimmering Ink)
Shadow (3x Celestial Ink)
Shadowy Friends (3x Blackfallow Ink, also the fact that Shadow and Shadowy Friends are mutally exclusive is dumb)
Heavens (3x Blackfallow Ink)
Sha (3x Ethereal Ink)
Val'kyr (3x Ink of Dreams)

ROGUE
Disguise (3x Blackfallow Ink)

SHAMAN
Deluge (3x Ink of Dreams)
Lingering Ancestors (3x Midnight Ink)
Spirit Raptors (3x Lion's Ink)
Spectral Wolf (3x Moonglow Ink)

WARLOCK
Crimson Banish (3x Jadefire Ink)
Felguard (3x Ethereal Ink)
Soulwell (3x Jadefire Ink)

WARRIOR
Burning Anger (3x Blackfallow Ink)
Gushing Wound (3x Jadefire Ink)
Hawk Feast (3x Jadefire Ink)
Mighty Victory (3x Jadefire Ink)
Blazing Trail (3x Lion's Ink)
Weaponmaster (3x Celestial Ink)
Thunder Strike (3x Blackfallow Ink)

Everything else requires Legion mats (Sallow Pigment and Roseate Pigment) and/or is sold/dropped in Legion content. Some glyphs (like the Observer glyph) seem to have their drop in old content (Broggok in Blood Furnace, for example) but it still requires the Legion mats to make so probably only something to bother with in advance if you have the downtime to do so. Also of note, since I remember there being a very divided opinion on the "new" travel form here back during Warlords PTR/Beta: Glyph of the Stag is gone BUT there's a book at the druid Order Hall that will teach it to you as a "baseline" ability, so you can still carry people around or RP as a stag once Legion drops (though you'll mostly be out of luck between 7.0 drop and then).

There also isn't a Glyph of Detection anymore so if you've got a rogue who's been twiddling their thumbs on getting the Survivor's Bag of Coins you may want to do that now; I don't know if they've changed it so you don't need that glyph anymore or it's a book like Fetch (which you also won't be able to pick up 'til Legion proper cos it's sold at the order hall >:(, at least I have a lootarang 'til actual Legion drop) or what the deal is there.

(Demon Hunter glyphs all take Legion mats, so no glyphing anything there if you've preordered 'til Legion proper anyway.)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.