QOL Hunter Request. Beast Lore and Hunter's Mark as passive.

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

QOL Hunter Request. Beast Lore and Hunter's Mark as passive.

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

Hi fellow Pets Enthusiasts

I'm not in Beta, but I would like to suggest a couple of qol improvements for Hunters:

1) Beast Lore as either a buff, a passive. Instead of having to target beasts to cast it, I would love if Beast Lore to be a passive or a buff that's on the Hunter that would allow to see details about any beasts on the cursor as long as the spell is active.

2) Hunter's Mark would be great if it's baked into other Shots because gcd is a bane.

Ty
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: QOL Hunter Request. Beast Lore and Hunter's Mark as passive.

Unread post by Kurasu »

Hunter's Mark, I have no problem with being on its own. GCD is a bane, but casting it can be done well in advance. And sometimes you don't *want* to shoot something to Hunter's Mark it. You just want to mark it so you can see where it is. So for me, big ol' *NO* on Hunter's Mark being baked into other shots.

Beast Lore, on the other hand, I would enjoy being made a buff of some sort. It is a small thing, and not something that makes a big difference overall to hunter DPS (or any combat ability, really). Triggering it on and off a a buff, or like a Hunter Tracking, would be something I would approve of.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

My thoughts:

1- Beast Lore being passively baked into the beast tooltip for hunters is an interesting idea. I dont know if it would get obnoxious after awhile if EVERY beast always displayed all the extra information though. Perhaps it could be a toggle. Neat idea though.

2- I'm a little surprised Hunter's Mark didn't become a passively applied debuff similar to the likes of DH Chaos Brand. Its obviously a little different in that its not a group debuff, and I know its part of the unpruning, so it calls back to that. Plus theres some fantasy in actively marking your target. However I could see it being obnoxious to having to constantly switch marks for the damage bonus, especially if its on GCD. However having to attack something to mark it also seems like a bad idea. Either way, I'm not invested in either direction honestly. I would be okay if they made it passive, but I can understand it not being that way.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

1. Beastlore as a toggle, instead of a spell.

2. Remove the damage buff from hunters mark, or remove it off the gcd for people to macro it if they want to. Removing the Damage buff makes it an optional ability, instead of something you manually have to slap on at the start of every pull or target switch since it makes up 5% of your damage.
It's not a "Skill" skill it's just. something you're forced to use. I got no love for it, but still.
Don't bake it into another skill because you would then constantly lose it off the rogue, or the stealth character you are trying to stop from sneaking away.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Kurasu wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:51 am Hunter's Mark, I have no problem with being on its own. GCD is a bane, but casting it can be done well in advance. And sometimes you don't *want* to shoot something to Hunter's Mark it. You just want to mark it so you can see where it is. So for me, big ol' *NO* on Hunter's Mark being baked into other shots.

Beast Lore, on the other hand, I would enjoy being made a buff of some sort. It is a small thing, and not something that makes a big difference overall to hunter DPS (or any combat ability, really). Triggering it on and off a a buff, or like a Hunter Tracking, would be something I would approve of.
I mean, we used to have both; an active castable Hunter's Mark and at the same time, it was baked into Arcane Shot. And not to mention Serpent Stings were baked into everythig else too.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

DannyGreen wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:05 pm 1. Beastlore as a toggle, instead of a spell.

Yes, I meant this. Sorry, English is not my first language. I forgot the word toggle.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

ace_of_hearth wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:37 am I mean, we used to have both; an active castable Hunter's Mark and at the same time, it was baked into Arcane Shot. And not to mention Serpent Stings were baked into everythig else too.
With the right talents, yes. It wasn't for everyone; only specific talent trees/specs could do it. Marksman, IIRC. So you could choose if you wanted it that way or not.
And Serpent Sting being baked into it isn't the same as Hunter's Mark; you can have more than one Serpent's Sting up. You can't have more than one Hunter's Mark.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

In MOP, Hunter's Mark was baked into Explosive Shot, Kill Command, Arcane Shot, and Chimeara Shot was a base line skill and wasn't a talent.

This comes from someone who played BM Hunter exclusively and nothing else.

Mists of Pandaria Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): [Arcane Shot], Chimera Shot, [Kill Command], and [Explosive Shot] will automatically apply the Hunter's Mark.

It was a class wide thing.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Ah, you're right. I stand corrected on that one!
Wasn't Hunter's Mark in MoP also considerably different? It didn't remove the stealth any more? So you *could* apply it to more than one target.