The future of exotic pets

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

The future of exotic pets

Unread post by The Insect Man »

On MMO Champion today ( http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/185 ... ems-Update ) the gobsmacking news that talents will top out at 31 points per tree (the 31pt talent being the old 51pt talent, and a lot of clutter removed and added as passive bonuses) - all big news but what got my attention was: "Once they spend their 31'st point in the final talent (at level 70), the other trees open up".

Does this mean that exotic pets are going to be restricted to level 70's only? Or will the Beastmastery talent be the "key" BM ability, gained at level 10 the moment you choose that tree? Or will they can the idea of exotic pets entirely? Watch this space...
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Re: The future of exotic pets

Unread post by Zangor »

no it means we get a telent point ever couple levels instead of every level after 10 and that alot of the useless talents that fill up the trees are going away

exotic pets will still require level 60 and anyone who gets the talent level 60-85 will still be able to enjoy the exotic pets
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

Wrong, Zangor. The 31 point talents won't be available until level 70, at the earliest, and there is no guarentee that our 31 pointer will be Beast Mastery anymore. At the moment, we know next to nothing.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Palladiamorsdeus wrote:Wrong, Zangor. The 31 point talents won't be available until level 70, at the earliest, and there is no guarentee that our 31 pointer will be Beast Mastery anymore. At the moment, we know next to nothing.
In the words of the 80s Take a chill pill man. Yha maybie we dont know but you dont have to come off so harsh bout it lol :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I'm rather amused by this, seeing as to how I wasn't really harsh at all. But take it how you will.

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

i doubt they will make us get 10 more levels and require an expansion to get the final talent in a tree
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Zangor wrote:i doubt they will make us get 10 more levels and require an expansion to get the final talent in a tree
Why?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ibliisce
Realm: Thrall - US - Horde || Arcadia

Unread post by Ibliisce »

They did say the final talent for your chosen tree would be gotten at 70, so unless they tack exotic taming onto something else or make it a passive skill trained at the trainer (they did say they were alternating skills and talent point, idk) then it looks like it would be 70 before you get the ability (which is a bummer). I like the idea of smaller, more concentrated trees but considering how new this is we'll just have to see how it plays out for now I guess.

Edited because I'm totally bad at explaining things sometimes -_-;
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

"When players reach level 10, they are presented with basic information on the three specializations within their class and are asked to choose one. Then they spend their talent point. The other trees darken and are unavailable until 31 points are spent in the chosen tree. The character is awarded an active ability, and one or more passive bonuses unique to the tree they've chosen. As they gain levels, they'll alternate between receiving a talent point and gaining new skills. They'll have a 31-point tree to work down, with each talent being more integral and exciting than they have been in the past. Once they spend their 31'st point in the final talent (at level 70), the other trees open up and become available to allocate points into from then on. As characters move into the level 78+ areas in Cataclysm, they'll begin seeing items with a new stat, Mastery. Once they learn the Mastery skill from their class trainer they'll receive bonuses from the stat based on the tree they've specialized in."

Read through it one more time. "Once they spend their 31'st point in the final talent (at level 70), the other trees open up and become available to allocate points into from then on."

The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

If they keep to this plan, my money's on Beastmastery being the thing you get as soon as you choose the tree - i.e. extra pet talent points and exotic pets. It was never exactly on a par with the other 2 51 pointers anyway. And that would mean the low level chimeras in Azshara would have a use.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

if they do this then you would be required to buy the burning crusade to get to 70 and get that last talent! it seems stupid to do that
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Just because something is stupid hasn't stopped them before. They gave rogues AoE. They're giving them a self heal.

Blizz are experts of stupidity.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Not gonna argue with you there. But keep in mind, this has been a bad, bad week for Blizzard announcements. I hope that this is something that they rethink, at least in part. But I am not going to cross my fingers.

KeemZ
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Winterhoof

Unread post by KeemZ »

Think they should just leave the telent trees alone. I love being MM and don't wanna lose my pets or gain Exotic ones, LoL. Cant it just stay the old way :(
KeemZ Kill Krew!!1!
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Marks hunters are getting a self-heal as well. It's pretty hilarious.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

What Kalli? Where did you hear that at? Just...wait...what? I don't....that's......no. Just...just no, Blizzard....

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

i already have a self heal :) <----(playes a draenei)
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Yah, one of our venoms in combination with Chimera will jeal fifteen percent, according to people on another forum I frequent.

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Oh that's right, I think I remember that. Not to bad, it's fifteen percent every ten seconds or so.Actually no, since you've got the cooldown on Viper.....so that isn't to bad.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Saturo wrote:Yah, one of our venoms in combination with Chimera will jeal fifteen percent, according to people on another forum I frequent.
Yep!

Widow Venom, the new stuff.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!