Mend Pet change on latest PTR

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Mend Pet change on latest PTR

Unread post by Slickrock »

Beast Mastery
* Mend Pet no longer heals for x health, now heals for 25% of the pet's total health over 10 sec.
Thoughts?..
Account has been closed at user's request.
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Re: Mend Pet change on latest PTR

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

Could be good or bad. The amount is pretty small but that's pre-Blood of the Rhino and Glyph (presuming the glyph that increases healing is up). Some of my pets (eg. Torrogar) will benifit, others will not (eg. Deadlock).

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Should scale better, in theory.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Turgus
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Turgus »

I think that this is one of the best changes I have seen so far!! :D

So lets get to some number crunching. ;)

Right now Mend Pet is healing for 1,050 every 3 seconds for a total of 5250 over 15 seconds.
Add in Spirit Bond (extra 10%), Glyph of Mending (another 40%) and Blood of the Rhino (another 40%), it heals for 2264 every 3 seconds for a total healing of 11,320 over 15 seconds.

Compare this to the proposed Mend Pet, with my PvE Raiding gear my pet (who has 16,000 health) would be healed for 4,000 health over 10 seconds (6,000 over 15 seconds), while in my PvE Solo gear my pet (who has 30,860 health) would be healed for 7,715 health over 10 seconds (11,572 over 15 seconds.)

It gets even better.... :D

Now if the Glyph and the Talent's work the same, then in my PvE Raiding gear my pet would be healed for 8624 over 10 seconds (12,936 over 15 seconds.) In my PvE Solo gear my pet would be healed for 16,633 over 10 seconds (24,950 over 15 seconds.)

Without a doubt it is allot better with these proposed changes, ESPECIALLY with the pet talents and glyph.

I am really excited about this!! Can't you tell!?! :D :D :D

(Please note that I used my pet stats for these examples, so your results may vary. ;))

~Edit~ Sorry forgot to put my pet stats up there. And I used the wrong set of numbers for one calculation too :(
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Raydex-of-the-dawn wrote:Could be good or bad. The amount is pretty small but that's pre-Blood of the Rhino and Glyph (presuming the glyph that increases healing is up). Some of my pets (eg. Torrogar) will benifit, others will not (eg. Deadlock).
Thats what I was thinking too, I tall really depends if the pet talents and glyphs stay the same, but the math Turgus has done really does look promising... One thing to take into account, if it is healing harder, does that mean we will pull aggro off our pets easier if adds join the fight.... ?

Will just have to wait and see I guess :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Turgus
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Turgus »

Spiritbinder wrote:
One thing to take into account, if it is healing harder, does that mean we will pull aggro off our pets easier if adds join the fight.... ?
Just get the Misdirection Glyph, and have it setup to a macro.
When you see the adds coming Multi-shot and all your aggro will go to your pet, and if the 30 seconds expires it will go into the ether. lol

With the Misdirection glyph soloing will be so much easier, especially with the non-BM specs.
Undra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Undra »

So the bonuses are additive and not multiplive?
Turgus
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Turgus »

When I wrote "add in Spirit Bond (extra 10%), Glyph of Mending (another 40%) and Blood of the Rhino (another 40%)" I didn't mean actually add in as in using addition, but adding the multiplicative elements into the equation.

So whatever order you do the math in, it really doesn't matter.
(1,050 (Mend Pet)*1.1(Spirit Bond)*1.4(Glyph of Mending)*1.4(Blood of the Rhino)) = 2263.8

This is extremely close to the 2264 which I have observed in-game. (within 0.01%)

I hope this clears up any confusion, and thank you for pointing out that I was unclear about that part of my post.
The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

the previous setup didn't scale at all, I think, save when you got a new level of spell. Given how enormous pet health levels will get, this kind of thing was absolutely essential.
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

I like this better than the X amount idea.

Anyone else having problems logging on their toons on the PTR? My sweet dwarf hunter's screen basically freezes up and I can't do anything.

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Don't forget that Last Stand greatly ups the ammount healed too!

As for hunters freezing on the PTR, yeah I get that too. Usually I wait it out and the game boots me out after awhile. Then I can log in back just fine. On rare occasions the game truely freeze and I have to manually stop it.
ImageImage
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:Don't forget that Last Stand greatly ups the ammount healed too!

As for hunters freezing on the PTR, yeah I get that too. Usually I wait it out and the game boots me out after awhile. Then I can log in back just fine. On rare occasions the game truely freeze and I have to manually stop it.
Ok I'll wait it out next time. It's weird.. its like I never logged in, I have to go through the Terms of Agreement each time.

Daishi

Unread post by Daishi »

Turgus wrote:Now if the Glyph and the Talent's work the same
Talents (Spirit Bond, Blood of Rhino) are functioning the same. Glyph of Mending is not.

The Glyph is currently listed as only +3% on PTR, but it appears to be non-functioning as it is not changing how much my Mend Pet ticks for.
Attachments
GlyphOfMending.jpg
GlyphOfMending.jpg (314.63 KiB) Viewed 979 times
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Turgus wrote: Just get the Misdirection Glyph, and have it setup to a macro.
When you see the adds coming Multi-shot and all your aggro will go to your pet, and if the 30 seconds expires it will go into the ether. lol

With the Misdirection glyph soloing will be so much easier, especially with the non-BM specs.

is this glyph a new one?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

New MD glyph means MD to pet has no cooldown - very nice for soloing
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

The Insect Man wrote:New MD glyph means MD to pet has no cooldown - very nice for soloing
That's pretty damned hot, lol.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Kalliope wrote:
The Insect Man wrote:New MD glyph means MD to pet has no cooldown - very nice for soloing
That's pretty damned hot, lol.
Nice! :shock:
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

lovcat wrote:I like this better than the X amount idea.

Anyone else having problems logging on their toons on the PTR? My sweet dwarf hunter's screen basically freezes up and I can't do anything.

Remeber back in the day we could stack Spell Power and it would effect our mend pet? Cranked up enough there was a hunter that solo'ed Azuregos :lol: That was fun.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

for real, that's amazing!

Does MD threat still fade after 30secs like they were talking about earlier? Not that it matters if it has no cooldown for pets now, but just curious....

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Nimizar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore - US

Unread post by Nimizar »

Spiritbinder wrote:Thats what I was thinking too, I tall really depends if the pet talents and glyphs stay the same, but the math Turgus has done really does look promising
The real benefit lies in the scaling rather than the raw numbers at 80. With Mend Pet restoring 25% health over 10 seconds, it should never take more than 30 seconds or so to get our pets back up to full health.

The other thing to keep in mind is our overall innate healing capabilities when using a Tenacity pet as BM now:

Healing Abilities
1. Mend Pet: 25% health every 10 seconds
2. Spirit Bond: 2% health ever 10 seconds
3. Silverback: 2% health every 5 seconds (Growl CD)

Base healing rate: 31% health per 10 seconds

Healing increases:
1. Spirit Bond: 10% increase in healing received
2. Blood of the Rhino: 40% increase in healing received

Combined increase: 54% (1.1 * 1.4 = 1.54)

Effective healing rate: ~47.8% health per 10 seconds

A functioning 40% Glyph of Mending would increase that to nearly 67% of a Tenacity pet's health every 10 seconds, so we can be fairly sure that isn't going to happen. A 3% Glyph would bump it up to ~49.2%.