Mount request: underground borers (worms)

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Mount request: underground borers (worms)

Unread post by Epicfail »

So... I was reading through the "worgans no-mount gripe/moan/btch thread and thought of a fun idea.

So, the borers are basically worms that when standing still, they show above the surface, but when they move, they become invisible, showing only the ground rumbling, dirt flinging, bones chucking, etc etc. So Gilneas is under seige, their city's in ruins... and the undead are knocking down thier front door. So whats the best mount for such a race? Worms. Yep. Riding a worm under the ground only popping up when you stand still or swim. It swims like a sea snake/eel/mana wyrm with you holding on to a saddle on its back, but when on land it only shows you on it when you stand still.

TO keep it PvP friendly-er, the debris-chucking animation has to be pretty apparent and mounted people are still as vulnerable as those on normal mounts being completely targettable and killable while mounted under the ground. I'm not sure how viable the coding would be, but as far as ideas go, its hard to think of a better mount for them.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Mount request: underground borers (worms)

Unread post by Lisaara »

As the thread and Blizzard have stated, Worgen aren't going to get mounts. Plus there's no worms in that area as far as I've explored. So how in the world would they get ahold of it?

cool idea for a general mount but not for a racial.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine