Am I bad for this?

User avatar
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1966
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:26 am
Realm: several

Am I bad for this?

Unread post by Redith »

So everyone knows about the show dealiest warrior. Well I have season one...but I havent seen all of it. I wont watch the Taliban vrs IRA episode. Anyone who watches it knows that whatever warriors the have on it for that epesode they praise how badass they are and how great their tactics and weapons are. Plus they show scenes (faked) of them killing soldiers. As a Military member am I just being too sensitive?
Image
User avatar
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 6474
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:57 am
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash
Gender: Female
Location: In the bushes watching. Always watching.

Re: Am I bad for this?

Unread post by zedxrgal »

No I don't feel that you are. I am not a solder but have close friends who are and that would really upset and /or bother me.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
Image
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

User avatar
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Posts: 11998
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: Am I bad for this?

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well that shows pretty dumb manly cos most of the time they don't know what they are talking about.
if you were like trying to ban said epp cos you don't like it then i'd say you were being too sensitive. you allso would be a dick in my mind too if ya did act like that as really it may be a sensitive topic for you but its not for alot of people. I don't like people who try and ban things just cos they don't like it like when the church trys and bans TV shows cos a epps about their church or the devil or something ya know? I don't have a problem if you don't want to watch it but if you try to make others not then i do that is what i'm saying really. sorry got a issue with people like that.

So really no your not too sensitive.
User avatar
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1966
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:26 am
Realm: several

Re: Am I bad for this?

Unread post by Redith »

cowmuflage wrote:Well that shows pretty dumb manly cos most of the time they don't know what they are talking about.
if you were like trying to ban said epp cos you don't like it then i'd say you were being too sensitive. you allso would be a dick in my mind too if ya did act like that as really it may be a sensitive topic for you but its not for alot of people.
Excuse me? When did I say I was trying to BAN anything? I just said that on MY dvd I wont watch that epesode. I didnt start some boycott or something, I never said I did I just said I didnt want to watch that epesode. Please read what I said and dont assume the worst of someone right off the bat.
Image
User avatar
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Posts: 11998
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: Am I bad for this?

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I did't say you wanted too. lol if you read it i said i was fine with you not watchinmg it but not fine if you did not want others too.
User avatar
Mockingbird
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:06 pm
Realm: Azjol-Nerub (EU)
Gender: Male
Location: Oxfordshire, UK

Re: Am I bad for this?

Unread post by Mockingbird »

Cowmuflage DID say "IF you wanted to ban it" - I think it was clear from his post that he did not assume that about you, Redith.

If it's any consolation, I've seen most of that episode, and while it's generally a little distasteful, it mocks both organisations and doesn't address their motives or glorify them.

As I recall the final "fight-off" is a 5-vs-5 in a carpark, for no apparent reason.

I think it's in no way "too sensitive". We all have sore points and personal feelings about what is and isn't to our taste, and as Cow said - your taste is your taste, there's nothing "oversensitive" about it. I say if you don't wanna watch it, don't, and don't let it bother you either.

On a side note the show never really got aired over here on normal UK channels, so I've only seen a couple of episodes - is it worth picking up the DvDs? It intrigued me in a "this looks very silly" way.
User avatar
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Posts: 11998
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: Am I bad for this?

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The games ment to be shit thats all i know lol
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:13 pm
Location: United States

Re: Am I bad for this?

Unread post by Mr. Perfect »

I'd say it's a reasonable reaction, since you're personally effected by the issue.

Someday everyone will study the Taliban as history, like how today school students learn about the Nazis or the Viet Cong. For now, I'd say we're to close to the subject.

Personally, I'd never heard of them before the attacks on the World Trade Center and all the media has taught us is that they're based in Afghanistan and hate us for some reason. I'd like to know just who these people are and what their problem with us is. :|
Mr. Perfect - A nickname fraught with peril.
User avatar
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Posts: 11998
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: Am I bad for this?

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Heh you wont get any good info from any form of news from the USA thats for sure lol they are famus for mixing the facts up to make you guys look like "the best palce in teh worldz" :S sad really.

Not saying you guys are bad just saying your news is!
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:13 pm
Location: United States

Re: Am I bad for this?

Unread post by Mr. Perfect »

Yeah, if I bother to watch TV news, it's the BBC. :|
Mr. Perfect - A nickname fraught with peril.
Post Reply