ugh, just need to vent....

User avatar
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2755
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 am
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)
Gender: male
Location: Québec, Canada

ugh, just need to vent....

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I haven't been doing dungeons very long. I've always been more of a solo player (dual-boxer).
I think I know my class rather well from playing it for a number of years. And I'm rather layed back about my play style.

Well, today I did an instance (Culling of Stratholme) with a friend, and I have to say, that was just about the meanest, ugliest, rudest group of people I've ever had the displeasure of being with.

I happened to be zoning (on a Zeppelin) when the call to enter the dungeon appeared, so I never saw it... and within a second of my reappearing after the cut-screen on the Zeppelin, I was bombarded with "fail hunter" and "phail noob" messages (and a whole lot of FAR ruder, choice invective-filled phrases).

I can only marvel at this group of people who were born knowing everything.
I wish I was one of those who were never new at anything.
So I didn't do the most damage in the group. This was my 3rd instance. I'm not geared with uber epic PvP arena tourney battleground gear at level 300.

But people like this group REALLY give a bad name to humanity.
Being an anonymous a$$hole on the internet sure looks like fun. You can insult people you don't know all you want.
They tried to kick me three times, but the friend I was with vetoed them.
I made it through the instance, there was no wipe, we all got through with no deaths.
Hell, I even won the Bronze drake mount.

But somehow, it doesn't seem worth it.
In a way, I wish my friend had NOT vetoed them when they wanted to kick me.
The previous groups I was with were far more supportive and helpful.
Hell, they were FRIENDLY.

Anyway, if this had been my first instance, it would also have been my last.
Being treated like dog crap being wiped out from under someone's shoe is not the way to treat someone.
I hope life pays these creeps back tenfold.

Yeah, I'm a bit bitter.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

User avatar
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4685
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: ugh, just need to vent....

Unread post by Sarayana »

Yeah, unfortunately everyone gets a pug like that once in a while. My philosophy is that I'm paying to play this game, so I shouldn't have to put up with that crap. I usually leave group rather than subject myself to the abuse...

Also, I just realised yesterday, after countless (and I mean countless!!!) pugs on five 80s, that you can't zone into a random dungeon when you're on a boat that's left harbour and that you have to manually zone in when you were on a chopper when you accepted... These things aren't obvious, so don't feel bad about not knowing. It has nothing to do with being new to dungeon runs.

Shake it off, asswipes like that aren't worth the time or energy. :hug:

Image
Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

User avatar
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2755
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 am
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)
Gender: male
Location: Québec, Canada

Re: ugh, just need to vent....

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Thanks for words of encouragement.

I'm glad my friend and I did an immediate dungeon right after I wrote this.. and I was much better.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

User avatar
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2496
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 pm
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: ugh, just need to vent....

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I know EXACTLY how you feel, because I'm still pretty new to the dungeon aspects of World of Warcraft. When I'm new to anything it usually takes a lot of encouragement to get me started, 'cause I get really nervous about pulling my own weight and making sure I'm remembering everything. It's a lot to remember the first time around, after all. So I've been where you are now, when vicious groups do stupid, hurtful things.

Just ignore'em. They're not worth your time. Sometimes I just take a break for the day; it's a little discouraging to have to try that sort of thing again right away (of course, I usually also run them solo, so I rarely have friends to encourage me to keep trying). But don't let those jerks keep you down. Just do your best, read up on the instance if you did mess up somewhere, and throw yourself back at it. As long as you are trying your hardest and obviously doing your best to NOT be carried, I don't see why anybody else in the group would have the right to complain.

~VelkynKarma

Image

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>


A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

User avatar
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 5164
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere in a cornfield

Re: ugh, just need to vent....

Unread post by Teigan »

.
Last edited by Teigan on Fri May 25, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1091
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:49 am
Realm: Feathermoon

Re: ugh, just need to vent....

Unread post by Tahlian »

Mrh. I hate hearing stories like that. You certainly didn't deserve that kind of abuse. If you can remember their names and servers, you can add them to your Ignore list to prevent ever being grouped with them again on that character.

The command would be /ignore name-server. Also - if they broke any chat rules regarding language, do go ahead and file a ticket on them if you want. Remember the approximate time and which instance you were in. The GMs may not be able to tell you WHAT they do, but they WILL do something.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Post Reply