Open Q&A at blizzcon

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
gaghiel
Realm: Doomhammer

Open Q&A at blizzcon

Unread post by gaghiel »

So, reading coverage from the Q&As and I saw this listed as a question asked:
I like the dog pet a lot (Gilnean dog pet) any plans on making it more ferocious?
Maybe we can make them a little meaner, give them rabies or something.
That was the only hunter question we've had answered so far about pets and they wasted it talking about the dogs? Really? Why not ask something like: Are there any last minute new pets or families you are hiding on us? Like Hydras and Stags?

grumble grumble.

edit: oh I guess they asked this at one point too.
GC promised us a moose. WHERE IS OUR MOOSE?
Yeah. He did. Damn that guy. We gonna find him. and ask him. Yourself. No damn idea. I want a moose, Chris (Metzen) wants a moose. Muhh. Where is it? No idea?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Open Q&A at blizzcon

Unread post by Lisaara »

I saw that.....i was like "really? It's a MASTIFF! they are fluffy!"

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hehe, yeah.

Also, was it just me or did the Hunters in the Class Q&A all come across as a bit....obnoxious/aggressive? I was a little ashamed that there weren't any level headed hunter questions asked that didn't seem to be a rant or a whine. Ah well.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Vephriel wrote:Hehe, yeah.

Also, was it just me or did the Hunters in the Class Q&A all come across as a bit....obnoxious/aggressive? I was a little ashamed that there weren't any level headed hunter questions asked that didn't seem to be a rant or a whine. Ah well.
Definitely. The answers were kinda' bad too. I mean, "Different classes have different perks" as a response to our deadzone? That's just stupid. No other class is weakened in that way anytime. -.-

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Vephriel wrote:Hehe, yeah.

I saw that too. I covered my face..... ._.;

LisaaraPokefarm

gaghiel
Realm: Doomhammer

Unread post by gaghiel »

personally after seeing their lineup of panels and so forth on the schedule, I was a bit disappointed they didn't bother to take the time and have a Q&A for each class separately. I mean, how hard would that be? Surely they have enough staff to handle that.

Oh well.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

The entire staff isnt there, you know.

LisaaraPokefarm

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

They also have a limited amount of time, which is shared with their other 2 franchises. They don't have unlimited stages either, so all in all 10 separate panels wouldn't be a feasible thing to pull off.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

I didn't like there reply to this..Druids have several spells that can be cast on the move. Pretty much any dmg dealing spell that is instant can be used on the fly..
Q: Hunters are the only class in the game with a minimum range. This hurts us a lot in raids. They can stand directly in front of you, they can repeatedly stand in front of you and use a ranged attack, why can't Hunters do the same thing and stack near the boss?
A: It's a theme for the class. Larger hit boxes on bosses cause a problem, and that's something we'd like to address.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Vephriel wrote:They also have a limited amount of time, which is shared with their other 2 franchises. They don't have unlimited stages either, so all in all 10 separate panels wouldn't be a feasible thing to pull off.
^ This.

LisaaraPokefarm

Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Calomel »

I do think that screening questions to keep out idiots might not be such a bad thing...

Tanin - Troll - Beast Master - Icecrown, US
Currently Hunting: ...for the pacifier...

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Calomel wrote:I do think that screening questions to keep out idiots might not be such a bad thing...
qft.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

gaghiel wrote:edit: oh I guess they asked this at one point too.
Yeah. He did. Damn that guy. We gonna find him. and ask him. Yourself. No damn idea. I want a moose, Chris (Metzen) wants a moose. Muhh. Where is it? No idea?
From what I gathered from hearing about the moose a couple of times... Ghostcrawler wanted a Moose MOUNT, not a moose you can tame.

Speaking of mounts, but not trying to steal the thread... what is the "Alchemy Mount" I heard about? One of the designers said something like, "Who hasn't wanted to ride one of their friends"...
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Pent wrote:
gaghiel wrote:edit: oh I guess they asked this at one point too.
From what I gathered from hearing about the moose a couple of times... Ghostcrawler wanted a Moose MOUNT, not a moose you can tame.

Speaking of mounts, but not trying to steal the thread... what is the "Alchemy Mount" I heard about? One of the designers said something like, "Who hasn't wanted to ride one of their friends"...
You transform into a stone dragon and a friend can mount up on you.

LisaaraPokefarm

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

I like the dog pet a lot (Gilnean dog pet) any plans on making it more ferocious?
God, why not; I like how you made dogs finally. Any plans on making more species tameable outside of mastiffs?

*facepalm*
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

I was at Blizzcon and saw this happen... sadly I never got to ask me question... so I was sad.... but it was funny to hear all the other questions
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ryai wrote:
God, why not; I like how you made dogs finally. Any plans on making more species tameable outside of mastiffs?

*facepalm*
This! Totally! X_X; Like I said, Mastiffs ingame already look meaner than their RL counterparts. Mastiffs are called the gentle giant for a good reason. they aren't meant to be vicious.

LisaaraPokefarm

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Taluwen wrote:
Ryai wrote:

*facepalm*
This! Totally! X_X; Like I said, Mastiffs ingame already look meaner than their RL counterparts. Mastiffs are called the gentle giant for a good reason. they aren't meant to be vicious.
Some people stupidly think; Big dog is mean dog. Or I fret this could be a person who likes to make their dogs mean- I've seen it here. It isn't pretty. And the dogs? They'll scare the bajeebus out of you and you will be greatful they are chained to a post on a 3 foot lead.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

This was a pretty lame Blizzcon. Was there anything we didn't really know already?.. a new class for Diablo, I think that's about it.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Slickrock wrote:This was a pretty lame Blizzcon. Was there anything we didn't really know already?.. a new class for Diablo, I think that's about it.
There was a bit I didn't know. it wasnt that bad. Saying it was lame is a bit of an over-exaggeration. They can't spoil too much, otherwise no one would buy the game. A little mystery is what is the lure on a hook.

LisaaraPokefarm