being called a huntard

Princess Asa

being called a huntard

Unread post by Princess Asa »

has that happened to you? cause it keeps happening to me. i get hated, i get dissed
Kira
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers

Re: being called a huntard

Unread post by Kira »

I was called a Huntard before at the beginning of a run. I was leveling my wolf, who I only got because I love the skin (OCJ), so he was 78, I still had a blue or two, and I was bm. They took one look at me and 'lol, huntard in group.'

At the end of the run I was sitting top dps with about 4k while the next highest was 2.5k. Tank actually said 'So much for the huntarD huh?'

Best moment of gaming yet.

But I still get called a Huntard a lot. I just brush it off. Since the patch I haven't really done any instances so I dunno how my dps is, but I usually come out over the ones that call me that. It's pretty funny actually. You prove your not a huntard and they may start to think differently.

Dragon Cave

Please help my Pokemon hatch

Deviant Art, enjoy!

Awesome Avi done by Moonlost!
Equally Awesome Siggy by Kamalia.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Welcome to the world of being a hunter, unfortunately. The pallies get it all the time too. :|

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

i don't care being an huntard since i am :o :shock:
Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU

Unread post by Ungoro »

I might have been called a huntard once, because I had a wolf and was BM. Not only did I explain that the wolf had a helpful buff for me, another person in the group also mentioned to the guy that called me a huntard wolves are good pets. But I rarely get called a huntard.

I guess you just have to brush it off, it's a game and people take it too seriously sometimes.

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

http://dragcave.net/user/Ungoro

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

I've been called that once when I was clowning around... long ago in TBC we were doing the 5 man prep for ogrila, and everyone but myself died fighting one of the guys... I was able to burn it down just before it reached me, and so I yelled "I WINZ", to which the other hunter responded "Huntards ftw! w00t!!"

Guess you hadda been there. :P
Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

Heh, I call myself a "Huntard" often! I find it a very funny term, and I immediately adopted it right after Bestial Wrath / major BM spec buffs were put in the game in BC.

I do try to avoid calling fellow hunters that, as I know some can take offense, but it's always meant in fun from me.

I've had many times where I've gone into heroics and raids and another hunter has looked at me and scoffed openly. I just take it lightly, reply that I've been BM spec since original beta, and pull out my Mini-Diablo (he always distracts people). At the end of the run / raid, I ALWAYS would get compliments from the hunters.

"Wow, how are you right behind me in dps?"
"I didn't know BM could do that kind of dps..."
etc etc.

It's a great feeling to be an advocate for BM spec! I never make fun of other specs, I openly admit I take a hit in personal DPS simply because I love BM spec, take criticism in stride, and just point to Recount when the last boss is dead.

Long live Beast Mastery! >:D
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I got called a huntard right at the beginning of a group in a heroic cause I had a corehound out. Others in the group couldn't figure out what the big deal was...

End of the instance, I was 1st in DPS (was was right behind the boomkin for most of the instance, but finally beat him in the end). If you know how to play, you can still pump out some dps even if it's not the best spec for dps...most peeps just don't realize that.
Sanchico
Realm: The Underbog

Unread post by Sanchico »

I haven't played much on my hunter in groups, but there was this time, where i was tanking scarlet monastery cemetery on my druid(dungeon finder, btw). We got 2 hunters in the group: a female, which was doing everything fine, except she wasn't firing much, i don't remember why, but she explained; and this other hunter, which wasn't firing at all. He was hitting stuff with a sword. And not only trash, but bosses too. OFC, no big deal, easy instance, but when i asked why he wasn't shooting, he said: "i'm raising my sword skill(or rating, whatever is that called), stfu and tank."
This, gentlemen and maidens, is a huntard. /facepalm
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I've called myself a huntard before because I did something stupid but the group usually LOLed and were happy I admitted I screwed up and it made the atmosphere more enjoyable. I just say "Oooh....woops! Derpy derp. I had a huntard moment! I'm good now! I'm allowed one per day. XD"

There was one time someone called me a huntard for being a BM and was trying to dictate how I should play. At the end of the instance, I was at the top of the DPS recount chart and I just went "So....BM is crappy, huh? What was that about being a huntard?" The group laughed except for the dude who called me a huntard, who just left without a word after I said that. The group was like "He just got served...."

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

I probably haven't run into any jerks that are against hunters or BM hunters, for that matter, so I haven't been called a huntard yet. I am afraid though that since the patch and my dps being dead last against trash mobs in dungeons and someone says that first thing, that could become a real problem, no matter how well I do my job.
Silvarain
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary Horde, Azjol-Nerub Alliance
Location: lost in a dark isolated forest, waiting to be found...

Unread post by Silvarain »

people seem to think that hunters have to be at the top of there game 24/7, yet other classes dont seem to get ripped on as much as hunters for mistakes (as far as ive seen). i just remind them of that and that they should be nicer to others
Ron: "Up next, is the world ending? But first weather with Ororo. Ororo?"
Ororo: "It's raining frogs, it's raining frogs. What can i say? Back to you."
Ron: "Thanks Ororo."

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I do. I tell them, also, that unless they start paying for my account, I will play my class in any spec I desire.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

I think this is elitism, or just common thinking or call it whatever you want. It's just in the minds of players that enjoy reading forums or talking to people that enjoy reading forums or any kind of chat where hunters are getting called that name. it's same as stating that blondes are stupid...
just an example: random dungeon run, i'm on hunter, shaman uses that spell that restores mana and throws the mobs in different directions, i see the tank stressing, i ask politely not to do it - the group starts flaming me..*Says whaaat, huntard* and so on..
Same situation, i'm on my pally tanking, a group has an elemental shaman again and he keeps using this spell on CD, i ask him not to do it, politely, just like i did on my hunter. and guess what - he apologises and the whole group supports me.. /facedesk
but i can't say i get offended. if this helps them raise their self esteem, maybe it's for the bigger good:)

a side note - i have heard that BM is a top raiding chose now due to focus regeneration facilities:p oh joy!
Don't panic!
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Not a top raiding choice, nor the only raiding choice...but BM is certainly doing better than it was, in my experience.

So far as the term "huntard" goes...I don't appreciate it in the slightest. There are very, very few instances in which I will use it, and I will attempt to discourage others from doing so as well. Just me, your mileage may vary, void where prohibited, etc.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Mockingbird
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub (EU)

Unread post by Mockingbird »

I never had anyone using it as an insult really, so I'm still ok with it (as you rightly say, YMMV).

I think I've actually used it myself more times that anyone's used it against me, and whenever I've used it I've always been talking about... Myself.

You know the times, when you're getting frustrated by everyone else's performance in a run, and are just about to say something, when you run out of ammo...

Or the times you're half asleep and you tab-target and send your pet into the wrong pack...

Or the times you hit the wrong hotkey in a neutral city and your devilsaur takes the head off of that level 22 gnome, followed swiftly by town guard justice...
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Sanchico wrote:I haven't played much on my hunter in groups, but there was this time, where i was tanking scarlet monastery cemetery on my druid(dungeon finder, btw). We got 2 hunters in the group: a female, which was doing everything fine, except she wasn't firing much, i don't remember why, but she explained; and this other hunter, which wasn't firing at all. He was hitting stuff with a sword. And not only trash, but bosses too. OFC, no big deal, easy instance, but when i asked why he wasn't shooting, he said: "i'm raising my sword skill(or rating, whatever is that called), stfu and tank."
This, gentlemen and maidens, is a huntard. /facepalm
It's one thing if someone owns up to being a scrub - if he'd said "sorry, trying to raise my wep skill - is that ok?", I'd probably have been fine with it, but to be not only riding others' coat tails but also shameless about it... nope. if not /votekick then /leave end.

I know 5 mans aren't always SRS BZNS esp that one, but even for the "easy" ones, someone still has to be making an effort and it can be annoying for that person to see others being carried - at least try to look like you are making an effort, dammit. ;)
Antares
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Antares »

*shrug*

Haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love.

Huntmaster Blightrunner, <Neverender> Thorium Brotherhood -- lvl 110 Forsaken SV Hunter

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

heh. As a healer at heart, I tend to have to deal with a lot of hate, whether its deserved or not. Being called a huntard is such a drop in the bucket as a serious insult that I hardly even realize it to be one. When an <8 year old dps spec deathknight decides that my letting him die is more on account of my bad healing abilities/technique rather than his own ability to out-threaten the tank and drop dead in two seconds> is the standard faire, simply being considered bad on sight because of some bias or stigma means next to nothing to me. Show me a dps meter where I fell short. Show me proof where my inability to perform my duty hinders the group somehow (that isn't related to a severely undergeared tank/healer). Show me how a complete wipe is totally my fault because I misdirected to someone I didn't like.. that happened to be a healer... .accidently.. yeah.

Truth be told, being called a huntard is a lot like being called a noob, hunter style. As a guy, not only do I call people noobs, I usually like the people I call it and mean it in the best/worst possible way. :D maybe thats just a guy thing. Call my mom a goat and I shrug. Call me an epicfail, I'll laugh and say its part of the over all service I provide and thank you for your business. Burn me with the truth and you might have a shot at insulting me... or we may have a good laugh about it :P.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I've never had this thrown at me as an insult. Honestly I've been pretty damn lucky when it comes to doing dungeons; I've never been kicked or called out just for playing a hunter. There HAVE been a few instances where I found out at the end people were nervous about playing with a hunter, but gave me the benefit of the doubt (I do sometimes get comments after the final boss goes down, like 'nice to see a hunter that doesn't suck.' ) But never had the term thrown at me in a hostile way.

My friends use it with me sometimes. Another wow-playing friend will sometimes pop on and casually say, "Playing the huntard today?" But he mostly says it as a joke, and that's how I see it really. He knows I know how to play my class relatively well, so it's never been meant in an insulting way.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons