Sunken Temple...

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Sunken Temple...

Unread post by Gimlion »

So I noticed this in another thread, while reading a post from MMOchamp. I also brought it up there, but figured I'd make it's own thread for more discussion.

I LOVE Sunken Temple. It is by far my FAVORITE instance. I realize it's sometimes hard to navigate, and can be a pain for some quests, not knowing what you are getting yourself into, but I love that it's a puzzle. Now Blizz has gone and ruined it, by making it just another dungeon. Nothing special. No puzzle, no specific order, no Talismans. Just four bosses that are all easily accessable, how can that be any more fun than any other random dungeon?... Reading more on it too, It seems that I am the ONLY one who feels this way. So how do you guys feel about it?

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Re: Sunken Temple...

Unread post by Anyia »

While I cursed that place back in classic, as the expansions have rolled out and the game has gotten easier and easier I must say I'm starting to miss the "real" feeling of places like ST, BRD or even WC. Back then you had to work for your loot, not get it handed to you because you logged in for 10 minutes.

On the other hand, it's nice not to have to set aside five hours for a single instance run...
Gungnir
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Crushridge

Unread post by Gungnir »

I think they should keep the overall layout the same in those dungeons, but reduce some of the trash you need to kill. Instances like ST and ZF really were epic when you ran them pre-60. It was an accomplishment when you finished it. Sure they took hours, but I think that can be improved.

Now, the only dungeons that give that feel are the ICC 5man heroics.

Ive actually been running a lot of the old content just to see it one last time before things get changed.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Ya, ZF was my second favorite... :D

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael