Demon Hounds are tameable!

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Revynn
Realm: Area 52

Re: Demon Hounds are tameable!

Unread post by Revynn »

The only thing I don't like about this that now I'm having to decide between keeping my Red Demon Dog Vader or trading him in for a Blue model.

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I wasn't planning to get a dog, but this might change my mind. Now which model to choose... D=

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

I want the Horde to be able to get the green ones with the runes on them... Like the red Vargul Blighthounds or the blue Magehunters... but green.

I can't do Fight for the Undercity again... :(
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Pretty soon, NO ONE will be able to fight for the Undercity again; that's getting removed in Cata.

Just waiting for someone at Blizz to flip the switch on the puppies in EPL. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Wow they are takeing that away? hehe good thing I did it on both factions then.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Why are they removing it? That's like my favorite part of the 'Wrathgate' Chain!

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Feath3r
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Feath3r »

Gimlion wrote:Why are they removing it? That's like my favorite part of the 'Wrathgate' Chain!
Maybe because the NPCs for the event are setup in a specific way that when Undercity changes in Cata that it'll screw with the coding?

I'd say something to do with the storyline (like Thrall being Warchief or various other things in the questline leading to the final battle) but Cata to Outland to Northrend kind of makes me doubt that, lol
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Well blast. My 70 duo are still ploughing through Terokkar/Nagrand before THEY get screwed up D: I love Thrall chain.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

What's Happening to Terokkar/Nagrand???

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Nagrand has the infamous Thrall chain and ofc if Thralls no longer in Org it will likely be bollocksed. Hence I've been rushing my two through Hellfire/Zangar/Terokkar/Nagrand to get at it. As far as I know as long as he's still in Org it hasn't broken YET.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Is that a horde chain? Or Does it start in Terokkar? Cuz I don't remember that chain... And I did just about all of nagrand.

Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Well given it's Thrall... Yes Horde only chain that takes place in Terokkar and (Mostly) Nagrand and is filled with epic and awesome. Apart from dealing with emo Garrosh, that sucks.

-

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

ah. That would explain it. And It could've been Ally, and I just missed it... The beginning of Retaking Undercity for Ally includes visiting Thrall with Jaina.

Kitairra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Re: Blue Demon Hounds tameable!

Unread post by Kitairra »

Mania wrote:*drool*
My thoughts exactly Mania... :lol:

Kitairra

Edit: Before I forget...awesome job,Veph! Thank you sooo much for finding this out!
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Must have phase hound.... /cheer at Veph
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

SWEETNESS, more doggies! I'm glad that Blizz is putting them in the Dog family, give the Mastiffs some company.

And for the Wrathgate and Nagrand events, Blizzard has stated they want to go back through Outland and Northrend and update everything there, too, to reflect the time changes of Cataclysm. No word on when they're gonna start doing it (considering how much work it'll be, probably not for a while).

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Wassa wrote:I wasn't planning to get a dog, but this might change my mind. Now which model to choose... D=
* vigorous nod* The mastiffs are neat but they just don't do anything for me. But these guys ....

Kalliope wrote:Just waiting for someone at Blizz to flip the switch on the puppies in EPL. :)
I'm very confident that they will flip the switch and make the green demon dogs in EPL tameable. I suspect that they updated the models specifically to give us more green ones to tame. But if they drag their feet on it ... well, we'll just have to remind them. With beta suggestions. Every single day. ;)
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Ellaran wrote:SWEETNESS, more doggies! I'm glad that Blizz is putting them in the Dog family, give the Mastiffs some company.

And for the Wrathgate and Nagrand events, Blizzard has stated they want to go back through Outland and Northrend and update everything there, too, to reflect the time changes of Cataclysm. No word on when they're gonna start doing it (considering how much work it'll be, probably not for a while).
Well the Thrall chain NEEDS Thrall in Orgrimmar obviously or it won't function, thus it'll stop working for certain when he leaves hence I've been panic leveling :)

-

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Sexy find Veph. :D

The mastiffs are nice, but I think my hunters will be taking one of these guys instead, and there's even a white skin for my future worgen huntress. :mrgreen:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Speaking of which, does anyone have a screenshot of a tamed Phase Hound?