Soo if we get exalted with the wargen..

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Knowlton
Realm: Farstriders

Re: Soo if we get exalted with the wargen..

Unread post by Knowlton »

cowmuflage wrote:Gah its not like they wont just add 2 more alliance mounts jeez no big deal calm down people.

If Blizzard keeps precedent, it'll be 7 or 8 mounts not just two. The standard faction mount template is 3 slow, 3 fast and one pvp.

But there are two rub with this decision by Blizzard. First is that mounts are the reward for grinding rep of the faction races. Non-Goblin Horde players who complete the grind will be rewarded with a new mount type, something that they can not get any where else. Non-Worgen Alliance players so far, have nothing, there is no reward for doing it.

Also is that fact that all Horde players will have access to a new mount type, while the Alliance will just get recolors of existing mounts. Getting to buy another brown horse, might make it equal numerically but it is hardly equal in terms of effort, type, and most enjoyment. It's not just mount collectors who enjoy new mounts, look at the raiders complaining about their raid mounts no being removed, or all the people who flocked to buy the motorcycle.

The simple fact is the Alliance is getting short-changed out of a new mount. Fine if Blizzard don't want the Worgen to have a faction mount, but the Alliance still deserves to get something more than a lazy recolor. Create a new mount, don't make it require Gilneas rep, but make it take just as much player effort to get, as non-Goblins require to get the trykes. The numbers will be equal, the styles will be equal, and both sides will have something new and fun to look forward too.
KingCharr
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by KingCharr »

This is why we can't have nice things, because you just whine and complain on little bits. "My armour is too brown, Blizz change it now!" "I can't defeat this mob, Blizz nerf it quick!" "I get two less mounts than the Horde, Blizz this is unfair!" Stop complaining. Blizzard makes the game, it does what it wants. If you care that much that you don't get those 2 mounts, don't roll Alliance. Simple.
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

Kayb wrote:Blizz remains strong about not giving them a mount, but that will change. Whingers make more noise. I'm with the folk who disapprove of this running nonsense. Just give them a god damn mount. I remember them saying somewhere once that they just couldn't think of anything suitable to give them as mount.

Seriously?

You can think up all this weird and wonderful stuff that makes up the whole of the Warcraft universe, but you can't pick them something to ride on?

I don't care about whether or not one side has more or is equal in terms of mount numbers. If every other race gets a mount, so should they.

My Worgen will abandon Gilneas the instant they game will allow in favor of gaining rep elsewhere.
They should do Barghest. They're lizarddemondogwolfpig things...probably what the original concept was made as.

I LOVE Running Wild, though. I mean...I'd like more Alliance mounts (because frankly, Horde gets all the cool mounts, I'm riding a Talbuk because of it) but I can deal.

And yes, three mounts WILL make a huge difference for MoM. That's three less 1% drop chances xD
This is why we can't have nice things, because you just whine and complain on little bits. "My armour is too brown, Blizz change it now!" "I can't defeat this mob, Blizz nerf it quick!" "I get two less mounts than the Horde, Blizz this is unfair!" Stop complaining. Blizzard makes the game, it does what it wants. If you care that much that you don't get those 2 mounts, don't roll Alliance. Simple.
Like the Horde hasn't been helped too from mount QQ. Venomhide? Horde QQ. Kodo mounts? Horde QQ. Honestly, at least try to be polite. Two mounts is, for a hardcore Pokemon mount collector, a big deal. I'm not one, and as I said, I don't really mind, but some people do.

Kryte
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Kryte »

KingCharr wrote:This is why we can't have nice things, because you just whine and complain on little bits. "My armour is too brown, Blizz change it now!" "I can't defeat this mob, Blizz nerf it quick!" "I get two less mounts than the Horde, Blizz this is unfair!" Stop complaining. Blizzard makes the game, it does what it wants. If you care that much that you don't get those 2 mounts, don't roll Alliance. Simple.
That's not a very helpful attitude. Yes, Blizzard is within a position of power to do whatever they like with the game. That does not mean, however, that players need agree with or like every decision that they make. Some of the concerns raised within this thread are legitimate worries.

Nor is suggesting that people simply not play the game or x faction over something like this viable. Most of us have already become long-since established on the server/faction/etc of our choice. If, say... some kind of dragon (or whatever. Take your pick of a pet you'd like to have) were to become available for taming, but it was inaccessible to the Horde, you probably wouldn't abandon all of your Horde characters to get it, but you would recognize the situation as unfair.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

KingCharr wrote:This is why we can't have nice things, because you just whine and complain on little bits. "My armour is too brown, Blizz change it now!" "I can't defeat this mob, Blizz nerf it quick!" "I get two less mounts than the Horde, Blizz this is unfair!" Stop complaining. Blizzard makes the game, it does what it wants. If you care that much that you don't get those 2 mounts, don't roll Alliance. Simple.
This comment right here is very much out of line. Period. Should Horde players have rerolled Alliance when only the Wintersaber was available? No! That sort of attitude doesn't help a situation any at all.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

KingCharr, we all have our own faction preferences, and it's fun to have friendly banter at some points, but your militant attitude towards the subject isn't something that's needed on these forums. Faction pride is an enjoyable aspect to the game, much like cheering for a favourite sports team, but please don't be the type who takes it too seriously. We're not here to argue Horde/Alliance. We're here because we're hunters and we love our pets. Just try to keep that in mind rather than focusing on a non-existent allegiance in a video game. ;)
RimeCat
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by RimeCat »

Vephriel wrote:
KingCharr, we all have our own faction preferences, and it's fun to have friendly banter at some points, but your militant attitude towards the subject isn't something that's needed on these forums. Faction pride is an enjoyable aspect to the game, much like cheering for a favourite sports team, but please don't be the type who takes it too seriously. We're not here to argue Horde/Alliance. We're here because we're hunters and we love our pets. Just try to keep that in mind rather than focusing on a non-existent allegiance in a video game. ;)
Off-topic but I found my enjoyment of the boards increased dramatically after I added him to my Foes list. Life is too short to deal with someone who seems to think insulting people on an anonymous internet forum makes him l33t and edgy.
"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
- Charles Dodgson
Necrie
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Necrie »

Firstly, ease up a little on the caffeine ;) We're all friends here, even if we don't always agree. As many have said, you're getting a little belligerent. Obviously, many of us have strong feelings for this topic, but thats no reason to be disrespectful to others who don't share your opinion.

Secondly, this issue has happened before. I still remember how upset and how vocal many horde players were at the start of Wrath when the alliance had 2 or 3 more core factions mounts available over the horde. They felt it wasn't fair that the alliance had such an advantage. Thats why Blizzard evened up the mount count between the two factions. So please, when a company puts that kind of effort into restoring balance, and it appears like they're about to disrupt that balance again, do not dismiss that as a trivial issue. They had to fix it before. Why shouldn't they now ?
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Knowlton wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:Gah its not like they wont just add 2 more alliance mounts jeez no big deal calm down people.
If Blizzard keeps precedent, it'll be 7 or 8 mounts not just two. The standard faction mount template is 3 slow, 3 fast and one pvp.
Blizzard has already stated it will only be one regular and one epic. As has been stated multiple in this thread as well. At most Ally will miss out on two mounts, and maybe the rep grind(Oh darn...) ;)

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Yes I remmber reading that. So again people are just overreacting and need to calm down.