What's the first pet you plan on taming when realms go live?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

What's the first pet you plan on taming when realms go live?

Unread post by Ceravan »

With the new patch comes new tames, so, who's going for what, what is the first two pets you plan on taming with the patch. Two, because in case the first one isn't readily available to ya, you let us know what you are going for next. Mine will be Chromaggus and then most likely hittin up a blue mage dog (name slips my mind atm).

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Re: What's the first pet you plan on taming when realms go l

Unread post by Shade »

I have a list, lol. Going to spend most of my afternoon chasing these down.

I'm after:

-The Lone Hunter. Had Old Cliff Jumper for a very long time, so a ghost version of him is a love!

-White or Black fox (can pass on Ashtail unless I stumble right on him).

-The two ghost demon hounds from Karazhan. I want both to join my collection of ghostly pets

-Perhaps the ghost green jewel owl, not sure yet till I see it live

-Perhaps one of the seagulls, just because I think that is a hilarious pet option.

Come cata I am after the wolf spirit beast, the one that is being re-released as it were.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Gezz on Redith, then a Mage hunter
On Roxxur I just need a fox
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Ceravan wrote:With the new patch comes new tames, so, who's going for what, what is the first two pets you plan on taming with the patch. Two, because in case the first one isn't readily available to ya, you let us know what you are going for next. Mine will be Chromaggus and then most likely hittin up a blue mage dog (name slips my mind atm).
Probably the undead bird... if his quest is included in the patch. :mrgreen:

And a red fox for Khitsune, ofc.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

blue dragonhawk!
brown fox
golden beetle
serpent in thousand needles that matches the cobra hatchling

(Does anyone know the best way to get up on the southern cliff of Thousand Needles? It's a zone for toons in their 40s, so there must be a non-flying way to get up there.)
GreenSea
Realm: Lightninghoof

Unread post by GreenSea »

First thing I'm doing is heading to the deadmines to snag me a green parrot and a pickax mining monkey, and probably work on Chromaggus or Winna's kitten from there
Takana
Realm: Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by Takana »

I can't wait for the patch to go live tomorrow (EU) so I can tame some new pets! I had a mosey around on the PTR and simply HAVE to have a Seagull :p I just can't work out how to tame one yet, they are all flying so high up. I had hoped they would be floating on the water in a flock like they do, but I didn't see any :( I also have to tame fox, probably a red one. They look sooo cute :)
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Who I am hoping to get today in their tame order... maybe.

Undead Eagle (Logged out RIGHT THERE)
Lone Hunter (and this one considering how close together the eagle and his locations are)
Gezz (depending on guild population I might go after the next two before coming back for her)
Chromaggus
Princess Huhuran
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Kittykat
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Kittykat »

I will log to my troll hunter who I left in Hillsbrad, resting in the inn after her success in finding a home for the last Araga on the server (that we know of).

I will ride south through the changed landscape, marveling at the new sights, until I reach Loch Modan. Legends have been whispered of a new type of beast, one never before seen in Azeroth, the Fox. Their Ferocity and Playfulness appeal to my troll, as well as her desire to send her enemies into a tailspin... of pain.

Never being one to settle for a common beast if there's a possibility of embarking on a rare and unique challenge, she has set her sights on Ashtail, whose steely gray fur and piercing blue eyes call out to her. It may take days to find her, but she's no stranger to extended hunts that test the limit of perseverance and endurance. Ashtail will be hers.

And then depending on how much room she has left in her stable she may go find Winna's kitten.

My blood elf hunter may go out and tame a blue mage hunter; Or possibly a brain bug. Of course, being a "hive controller," and based on his looks, the only fitting name for him in keeping with her Dr. Who naming theme is Davros, the creator and controller of the evil Dalek race. In fact, I think getting Davros may have to be job number one. Letting that much evil roam free and un-tamed could be... problematic. ^_^
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Brown fox, green runed demon dog, a beetle and perhaps a seagull.
Zinagaro
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Zinagaro »

I fully plan on raiding Karazan for Plaugehounds. I'm logged and ready to go with 3 empty spots. I plan on getting a ghostly White and Ghostly Grey Hound. Although I will need a few name suggestions. . . Something dark and mildly disturbing :D

- I Be Indestructible Mon! -

"One thing I've learned about idiots - they are utterly without shame." - Worba

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

blue demon pup ( forgot to put that on another post xD )
Parrot,
GEZZ!!!!
green kitty, chromagus if i can ever get to him
blue fox :D
( insert one i forgot here xD )
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Pent wrote:Who I am hoping to get today in their tame order... maybe.

Lone Hunter (and this one considering how close together the eagle and his locations are)
Gezz (depending on guild population I might go after the next two before coming back for her)
Chromaggus
Princess Huhuran
I just noticed that hes not in a CATA dungion like I thought he was....so DEFINATLY want this pet
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Redith wrote:
Pent wrote:Who I am hoping to get today in their tame order... maybe.

Chromaggus
Princess Huhuran
I just noticed that hes not in a CATA dungion like I thought he was....so DEFINATLY want this pet
Yep. BWL is vanilla. I hated that fight with a passion.

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

Duskfang for sure, also a black fox, maybe Ashtail is the area isn't to camped (haha)

Gezzerak later, only due to hearing chat about newer hunters that don't have the required rep/questline to get her and intend to grab other peoples. Unless I can find a bone pile way out of the way... Considering it took me a couple tries on ptr with the knock back.

I ended up getting me a scarlet hyena so it turns into the mastiff, large loch crock and a million cats that are changing.

definitely getting Princess Huhu and maybe chromaggus if he looks good scaled down, and lastly for raid pets is a blue dragon hawk.
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Yaone wrote:Gezzerak later, only due to hearing chat about newer hunters that don't have the required rep/questline to get her and intend to grab other peoples. Unless I can find a bone pile way out of the way... Considering it took me a couple tries on ptr with the knock back.
I never even thought about other people doing that. It takes about an hour (or less) to do the quest chain and farm the scrolls...

There are bone piles all around, but the one that is out-of-the-way I can remember seeing is down by that one lake below the main area... I think there was one there.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

I didn't even do the first quest line to be "introduced" to the skyguard and I was able to collect dust and turn it in for the potion and farm for the scrolls to summon her. I was also completely able to interact with the skull pile without ANY REP (other than the rep I had from turning in the dust and killing the birdmen.)

Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

Gezzarak on Cailan, probably a Brilliant Macaw on Liora, and then I'm going to see if I can feasibly duo my way up to some new tamable bosses on Taizak. It's gonna be a long, long day.

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

/shrug

Lots of hunters are simply lazy and can't be arsed to do the work themselves. Hence the wanting to steal other people's Gezzaraks.

As for me...I'm going to Loch Modan to collect Killyjoy the red fox, snag one of the golden eagles while I'm there as a side project, then using the teleporter down to Booty Bay (if it's still there...if not, I'll just ride down on my chopper) and bring Chistery the monkey back home.

I might go and retame Gulik the ravager if I'm so inclined...but I might not. Given my raid composition, he's one of those pets that rarely got brought out thus far. I'm also going to be swapping Banner the dragonhawk to the blue Sunwell color...but that'll have to wait till I have enough people from my guild on to go make a Sunwell taming run for everyone who wants the blue 'hawks.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

i have to get ashtail HE IS SO CUTE but ihave no idea where he spawns and how long his timer is :(
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars