Burrow wiping aggro?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
allogator
Realm: Eldre'Thalas

Burrow wiping aggro?

Unread post by allogator »

Every time I use Burrow now Omen shows my pet's aggro dropping and all the mobs rush at me...it's made farming Sethekk entertaining!

Just a heads up. ;)
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Re: Burrow wiping aggro?

Unread post by Cialbi »

I believe this is intended, unfortunately.
So, worms are a Tenacity pet family that's intended to be a DPS pet family :roll:
I plan on taming a second chimaera, and experimenting with making it a soloing tank of sorts.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Cialbi wrote:I believe this is intended, unfortunately.
So, worms are a Tenacity pet family that's intended to be a DPS pet family :roll:
I plan on taming a second chimaera, and experimenting with making it a soloing tank of sorts.
Question: Aggro wiping as in when the worm burrows underground it can not charge any aggro at all/make any aggro/etc etc, even tho live, it continues to hurtle out aggro and even attack [Kill Command if target is in range], because if so that does NOT sound intended but a bug, hasn't anyone ticketed it?

Or alternatively; Aggro loss initially but a quick Glyphed MD+Multi Shot solves the problem?

No one has exactly explained this mysterious aggro glitch/aggro loss, enough for my satisfaction.
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

i believe he means when his worm uses the burrow ability, its like it(the worm) FDs and drops all aggro. i just finished aoe lvling up my pvp monkey, will test it out a little later on.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Nightsights wrote:i believe he means when his worm uses the burrow ability, its like it(the worm) FDs and drops all aggro. i just finished aoe lvling up my pvp monkey, will test it out a little later on.
Well if that is the case that's not so bad, just requires a bit more multitasking if that is the case. IE MD Multishot onto pet, FD, Pet burrows, wait till pet has aggro again, MD pet, multispam, ???, profit.

All this really means is I have to remind my friends DO NOT DE PE ES, LET WORM DE PE ES.
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

i just tested this in the northwest-central area of icecrown where those groups of 5-6 undead ally warrs are. sent worm in, cast mend pet to get a little healing aggro, cast burrow, pet goes underground, omen shows no pet aggro, all mobs run to me, i FD. Mobs reset. Worm comes back up, its attacked and it thunderstomps, i md and multi shot them down.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Nightsights wrote:i just tested this in the northwest-central area of icecrown where those groups of 5-6 undead ally warrs are. sent worm in, cast mend pet to get a little healing aggro, cast burrow, pet goes underground, omen shows no pet aggro, all mobs run to me, i FD. Mobs reset. Worm comes back up, its attacked and it thunderstomps, i md and multi shot them down.
Can you try FD THEN Wormquake? Because if they stay on the worm aslong as you're FD, everything should be fine. But if the mobs RESET if you're FD and the pet burrows...

But anyways yeah this needs to be ticketed, I don't think this was intended, mostly as if it was, wouldn't it have been in live already? Perhaps it was a 4.0.3a specific bug. I mean Silithid brain bugs are bugging out too >->
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Interesting, Nightsights. What exactly did the mobs do after you hit FD? I'd imagine that they'd evade and reset, but that doesn't sound like the case.

I, for one, won't be able to do any testing done until tomorrow.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!