The nerf to instance experience buggered our pets =/

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: The nerf to instance experience buggered our pets =/

Unread post by Slickrock »

AdamSavage wrote:
Bubu wrote:
Ellaran wrote: They definitely did for Northrend content, my fresh Beetle didn't even reach halfway to 78 (I'm 80) from the first instance I ran when he should have been really close to 78 or leveled.
Halfway?
What about 1(!!!) bar for whole place?
1 damn bar.
So i guess 18 or 20 total heroic runs to lvl up your pet 77--->80.

Nice surprise for hunters.
Oh, they even don't have to know about it...
They will fix it so it's easier to lvl your pet now that I'm sure of ( I hope atleast). There will be to much of an uproar from the hunters.
Not likely. It's to prevent speed leveling from 80-85 in heroics. If they fixed it, then pet leveling would be silly everyplace else.

Heroics are not the place to level anymore.
Account has been closed at user's request.
ZeroEdgeir
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Korialstrasz-US

Unread post by ZeroEdgeir »

If regulars are giving proper XP, and you still want JP, chain-run the non-heroic ICC 5-mans. They get JP per boss even on normal, same as a Heroic. Just saying, as it is a possible compromise.

But yeah, I'd say going into Icecrown and just slaughtering the fields of them ghosts that come in 5-8 packs, would be best.
Skrimir - Level 85, and never did a single Northrend or Cataclysm Quest/Dungeon. Gogo Archaeology!
My Stables - Still trying to find a name for my Raptor, in a Final Fantasy genre-styling.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

The little skeleton trash mobs in CoT don't even give xp anymore to our pets.
ImageImage
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Guys, relax. This is just so people won't level to 85 trough NR heroics. Cata HCs will give your pets a large amount of XP again, trust me. Cata will be released soon anyway.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Saturo wrote:Guys, relax. This is just so people won't level to 85 trough NR heroics. Cata HCs will give your pets a large amount of XP again, trust me. Cata will be released soon anyway.
^ This

Nothing to get in a fuzz over. Chillax.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Bubu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kul Tiras

Unread post by Bubu »

In other hand...
We should not complain at all.
If some one remember lvl-up process back in vanilla, especially if you r lvl60 hunter and fell in love with lvl5 pet :O)
Zwiggy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: manny

Unread post by Zwiggy »

Tbh it disent matter anyway because no matter what when you ding 81 all pets will ding 78 just take them out of your stables at 85 all pets will be 82 any way so no need to lvl them all.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

So you're aware, Zwiggy, taking out a level 82 pet vs a level 85 mob is going to mean difficulty on holding aggro, and a swiftly dying pet. Having leveled a few in Twilight Highlands, I know this from experience. You'll want to keep them closer to your level than three behind, because the difference really is that painful. 83 and 84 can manage it, but 82 pets are fragile against 85 mobs.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

ZeroEdgeir wrote:If regulars are giving proper XP, and you still want JP, chain-run the non-heroic ICC 5-mans. They get JP per boss even on normal, same as a Heroic. Just saying, as it is a possible compromise.
Nope, they nerfed regular instance XP as well - just ran reg lightning halls and my lvl 77 silithid got all of 1.5 bubbles. :|

Here's hoping the new dungeons in cata will give the kind of pet XP we were all accustomed to...
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Meh, in a few days we'll be doing so many quests that heroic experience won't matter anyway. Honestly, I prefer it this way, and I'm glad they're making the heroic grinding less appealing. They're making all this shiny new content for us, so let's get out there with our new lovelies and enjoy it! :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Saturo wrote:Guys, relax. This is just so people won't level to 85 trough NR heroics. Cata HCs will give your pets a large amount of XP again, trust me. Cata will be released soon anyway.
I have issues with "trusting" Gnomes. ;)
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

AdamSavage wrote:
I have issues with "trusting" Gnomes. ;)
Then don't.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Albain wrote:So you're aware, Zwiggy, taking out a level 82 pet vs a level 85 mob is going to mean difficulty on holding aggro, and a swiftly dying pet. Having leveled a few in Twilight Highlands, I know this from experience. You'll want to keep them closer to your level than three behind, because the difference really is that painful. 83 and 84 can manage it, but 82 pets are fragile against 85 mobs.
So, would you say that we should level using only a small handful of pets, keeping them each up to speed?
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Taluwen wrote:
^ This

They could have not had it affect pet EXP, or have it come in the day BEFORE cata, or even better- changed it so where pets still got the full bonus of EXP they should, while you do not.

I have quite a few lv 77 pets I need to still level :|
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Ryai wrote:
Taluwen wrote:
^ This

They could have not had it affect pet EXP, or have it come in the day BEFORE cata, or even better- changed it so where pets still got the full bonus of EXP they should, while you do not.

I have quite a few lv 77 pets I need to still level :|
That would be a lot of unnecessary coding, and you DON'T need all your pets at 80. They'll just fall behind again when Cata hits anyway. It's a wasted effort, and really, it's just four more days, so it's not like it's a month away.

Striv
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring//Twisting Nether

Unread post by Striv »

You know honestly, I will put up with the exp nerf for pets. Pets now auto lvl up to 3 lvls below you instead of 5. Seems like a fair trade to me. Yup yup.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Zwiggy wrote:Tbh it disent matter anyway because no matter what when you ding 81 all pets will ding 78 just take them out of your stables at 85 all pets will be 82 any way so no need to lvl them all.
Thats a good Idea! I think I'll try it. Thanks for the tip!
Phoronid
Realm: Silver Hand

Unread post by Phoronid »

Is this where I put on my old man pants and talk about levelling a pet from lvl 9 to 60 in the old classic days, without the new fangled random dungeon system and needing to farm non-grey mobs until my bags were full of runecloth?

No?

Alright.

(As it is, I also don't look forward to leveling all these pets to 85... Luckily, a bunch of mine are "cool looking" only, so can wait. :) I also was lucky and I levelled 12 of them farming tabard based goblin faction)
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Saturo wrote:That would be a lot of unnecessary coding, and you DON'T need all your pets at 80. They'll just fall behind again when Cata hits anyway. It's a wasted effort, and really, it's just four more days, so it's not like it's a month away.
And as someone said pets being underleveled hurt in Cata. So I really don't wanna be 3 levels ahead of the pets I want to use for cata >_>

Does anyone have any idea on how quickly pets level from 77-80 for the 'level 80' cata quests? Or from dungeons, or in general how quickly pets level compared to you? Is it fast, or normal? I mean outside of dungeons because frankly not everyone is going to be grouped up Sat and that is why I am disgruntled. I would have liked to gotten the rest of my pets leveled up.

So how do lv 77 mobs fair against lv 80 cata quest mobs or is it another 'don't bother till you're level capped' deals.

So yeah while I don't need all my pets to be lv 80, it would have been nice to be able to pick a better selection for the rest of my hunters. Since I do have 2 that are almost lv 80 to boot too.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Could always just kite until it's up to a level where it might be able to keep aggro off of you. Pets need 5% of your XP last I looked. Now, even with the higher amounts of XP needed for 80-81 that's not a lot you need to do. One dungeon or, assuming you don't group up at all, a few quest's worth of mobs and it should be far more than caught up.

Besides, ANY pet can keep a mob preoccupied for a few seconds while you take care of it's buddy. And if you INSIST on having an 80 pet, well, any pet will do. A ferocity pet will even regenerate it's health far better than a tenacity or cunning one.