Nesingwary a "new players" server now?!

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Nesingwary a "new players" server now?!

Unread post by Cerah »

Just logged in, and thought I'd play for a little while on my rather neglected Nesingwary toons (sorry guys, been busy on Alterac). I go to the server selection screen, to find that Nesingwary is now listed as a server for "New Players"

Even though I've only been playing for about a year and a half, I don't consider myself "new" anymore. What does this mean for <Petopians> and the Alliance equivelent guild? Can us "non-new" players still play there, or is Blizzard going to kick us out?

Please excuse my sort-of panic over this. I just don't want everyone here to have to move now (though if you do, there's plenty of room in Alterac's <Idealistic History>)

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Sorcha Ravenlock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Darkmoon Faire

Re: Nesingwary a "new players" server now?!

Unread post by Sorcha Ravenlock »

All it means is that the population of the server is lower then on other servers, so Blizz wants new players to roll there rather then on more populated ones.

The advantage for current players is supposed to be that it brings new blood into a server that might be too quiet. And newbies will see more like-minded people in the starter areas rather then alts in heirlooms zooming past who already know it all.

Whether your server truly needs that or not, I don't know ofcourse.

It doesn't mean only newbies can play on there though, it just means more new people are likely to pick your sever to start on.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I remember when Galakrond, my old server, turned into a server for "new players." Personally, I hated it because the starting zones were so flooded with people that you couldn't even quest comfortably. It's not totally horrible, but it will bring an influx of players to the server, even if only for a little bit.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Oh no! We're doomed! Everyone run!!!

Feath3r
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Feath3r »

I remember when my home server got listed as a New Player server. It was terrible. Trade got worse and almost all the questing zones were full of people (not as bad as Cata first few days though) plus we ended up with a bajillion new Death Knights and a lot of them were douchebags that liked to screw with lower leveled characters with everything short of ganking them (pve server)

Took two months before the griefers got bored and went back to their original servers and we lost a lot of the newer players because our server was "full of assholes". :/
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Feath3r wrote:I remember when my home server got listed as a New Player server. It was terrible. Trade got worse and almost all the questing zones were full of people (not as bad as Cata first few days though) plus we ended up with a bajillion new Death Knights and a lot of them were douchebags that liked to screw with lower leveled characters with everything short of ganking them (pve server)

Took two months before the griefers got bored and went back to their original servers and we lost a lot of the newer players because our server was "full of assholes". :/
This.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

I want them to stay away!
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm not really thrilled to read this either. Things are congested enough as it is let alone to have newbies running around who are going to make dungeon runs a pain, beg for gold, steal rares, etc. I know not all newbies are bad but most are. S
I will endure though simply because I love the guild way to much.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!