Madexx Spawn timer/NPC ID.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Crashh
Realm: Frostmourne (US)

Madexx Spawn timer/NPC ID.

Unread post by Crashh »

Hello Petopians,
Recently I've been hardcore camping for new pets, and I have been reasonably successful, snagging Sambas, Ghostcrawler, Karoma and just recently, Madexx.
However, I have a few questions regarding Madexx. Today I finally got him to spawn after one of the most painful taming experiences I've ever encountered (Intensity, not length), with boredom overcoming me with a very small area to cover and general channel trolling my poor hunter. In any case, he finally showed up in the color I wanted least, Black. Big sadface, as I just don't like the color scheme. Had I been thinking clearly, I would have asked if any other hunters wanted to come tame, but my head went blank and said: "See rare, tame rare, rest".
Now, after taming, I decided I really would not settle for this color scheme.
Question 1: Has anyone been able to get any rough idea of his spawn timer? I mean anything. I'm estimating probably around 6 hours, however I did have a fairly long camp out session for about 12 hours and saw nothing, so maybe closer to 14?
Question 2: NPC IDs. I added in all the IDs off WoWhead, checked them all multiple times, tested npcscans alerts restlessly, and yet, when I did finally find him, npcscan didn't yell at me at all (Probably why I didn't find him in the first place, I had been semi afk some of the time). Is there something wrong with the NPC IDs listed by WoWhead?
Thanks in advance for any information you could possibly give me ;)
Crashh.
Faolchu
Realm: EU-Deathwing

Re: Madexx Spawn timer/NPC ID.

Unread post by Faolchu »

Q1 - I'm guessing its the same with all the rares and just random probably between 6-12hrs average though if I had to guess

Q2 - I added some rare NPC IDs into npcscan and I also made a targetting macro and the funny thing is, npcscan marks the mob but doesn't alert me to it. Might be a bug I'm not entirely sure as I've heard it is working for other Hunters.
Crashh

Unread post by Crashh »

Faolchu wrote:Q1 - I'm guessing its the same with all the rares and just random probably between 6-12hrs average though if I had to guess

Q2 - I added some rare NPC IDs into npcscan and I also made a targetting macro and the funny thing is, npcscan marks the mob but doesn't alert me to it. Might be a bug I'm not entirely sure as I've heard it is working for other Hunters.
Thanks, I'd assume the timer is the same too.

But NPCscan has worked flawlessly for all my other tames, for both all my spirit beasts in WotLK, and my last 3 tames before Madexx, Why would it suddenly stop? It didn't pop up or mark the mob at all, it was completely oblivious, and it still says he's not cached :s
Crashh

Unread post by Crashh »

Well, as it turns out, I'm an epic nub. I was asking a friend what NPC IDs she had added in after she was complaining about NPCscan going off because of my pet. Apparently I had added them all in as 50401, 50402, etc. Rather than 51401. Fail, Fail, narb.

But on the other question, has anyone actually witnessed a time on a respawn yet? Seen it died then seen the next spawn?
Toerag

Unread post by Toerag »

I saw him get killed right in front of me, 14 hours of camping later and nothing yet. I've heard both Madexx and Sambas have 24-?? respawn timers. But that seems like too much.
Lorelaine
Realm: The Maelstrom EU

Unread post by Lorelaine »

Toerag wrote:I saw him get killed right in front of me, 14 hours of camping later and nothing yet. I've heard both Madexx and Sambas have 24-?? respawn timers. But that seems like too much.
if noone killed Sambas (or tamed) inbetween mine and my friends tames, then it took 14,5h for him to respawn on our server atleast. But thats IF - noone tamed or killed.
Toerag

Unread post by Toerag »

14.5 hours sounds like their timer is somewhere between 12-24 hours. Thats a long camping time. I saw a dead Madexx 24 hours after I saw him get killed. But there was probably a spawn that I missed in between that time. I think best time to look for them is 12 hours after they have been tamed/killed.
Aeze
Realm: Krasus(EU)

Unread post by Aeze »

Finallly got him

He popped right in front of me

Amen!