Sometimes MMOchampion hurts the rare hunt. >_<

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Re: Sometimes MMOchampion hurts the rare hunt. >_<

Unread post by Cialbi »

Jelani wrote:Oh dont get me wrong, I knew it would happen sometime. It was just odd to have that post made, then suddenly so many people on the spawns. :/ And the guy earlier today who killed Karoma and posted the tear in general and started ranting about it, just kinda rubbed salt in the wound. Oh that hurt. I have been hunting Karoma for a week now..
What, ranting about how Karoma didn't drop anything but a gray item that vendors for a decent amount of gold? I'd like to see his reaction to Ghostcrawler.

Honestly, some people don't care about other classes or other people, or at least act like that online. If he can't grasp the concept that some rares were implemented in the game with the purpose of being tamed as hunter pets, then you are best off ignoring him. I just wish I could /ignore some people IRL...
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Competition is expected, but I NEVER saw non-hunters CAMPING rare tameables. Killing when you cross paths is one thing, but a pally spending 4+ hours at Terrorpene's location is a different story entirely.
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Unread post by ligewolf »

Now with cata live, these daing "non-BM Hunters" and " not even a hunter" losers have been camping like crazy the new rares everywhere i go. ive never have had prob as far as anyone interfering between me and my pet tame. but its gotten ridiculous. i got terrorpene on wednesday, karoma and ghostcrawler on this past sunday barely only 2 hrs appart from each other. but ive seen locks, priests, warrs, just about every class at each of the rare spawn pts. i think that ONLY BM Hunters should be able to see these awesome rares.

I never was a turtle pet hunter till i saw terrorpene, i always thought a shaman shouldn't have "spirit wolves" n now i have my own, didnt think too high for scorpids but Madexx seems quite fierce. i might go after it later on.
Also, if death knights have " army of the dead" wouldnt if be cool if hunters had "army of the pet"? a 15 sec ability that summons 3-5 of ur pets. lol prob something ya might think would be too much . o well. just a thought.
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

ligewolf wrote: Also, if death knights have " army of the dead" wouldnt if be cool if hunters had "army of the pet"? a 15 sec ability that summons 3-5 of ur pets. lol prob something ya might think would be too much . o well. just a thought.
Considering BM and MM hunters are (as ever) still a fair way behind Surv as far as raid viable DPS goes, I actually think a call-multiple-pets cooldown would be quite an interesting idea to give BM that extra boost. o.o

Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

well one day I was at Terrorpene and there was a hunter and a warrior in the same guild there...
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Slickrock wrote:
Ryai wrote:
A: Allow people to stupidly think that the rares have the same loot as the rares that have loot
B: Get Boub to rectify this and explain the mobs drop nothing, are worthless and outside of the griefers most should stop.
Let's think about that for a minute... Do you really think that Boub making a post about how these are special little flower pets just for hunters will really make the gankers stay away?... I don't think so. It will just encourage them.

Yes the fact that they posted it annoyed me. But trying to put up a "just for hunters" sign will only draw attention and make it worse.
Jesus christ didn't you read anything I said for fucks sake. I am pretty sure I admited that the GREIFERS WON'T GO AWAY, but I did say that the OTHER PEOPLE the ones who would realize oh the rares are worthless. 25g? Not worth ruining someone's gametime and perhaps instead of killing the rare they might go out of their way and whisper another person or just you know, leave the god damn thing alone.

But yeah it's nice you only read part of my post, Slick. GG.

I do think there should be a small clarification that the tameable rares do not drop anything truly worthwhile. Not only from a hunter's standpoint, but also so other players don't waste their time camping and killing them for what they think will be a reward. Hey, at least there's no Rare Killing Achievement this expansion, which he also reinforced in his article.
Yeah I know he was doing his job, it's just the fact as you said, he didn't clarify that the tamable pets don't drop loot. That they drop nothing. With how he has it phrased, he makes it seem that all rares drop loot and that he just squirreled away the tamables into their own list. Everything else drops loot, so people would assume the same thing.

Hell if I didn't have hunters/wasn't a hunter nut, you know what I'd think? 'Oh score, these things drop loot, fair game!'

Then I'd probably feel like dirt when I got the crystal tear T_T
Striv
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring//Twisting Nether

Unread post by Striv »

I sent Boub a message as well. I'm quite disappointed. I've seen about 2 paladins circling Karoma's spawn points with me. /sigh. it's going to take me even longer now. At least I have a spawn time? Right? Right!? :(
Alcama
Realm: Draenor - EU

Unread post by Alcama »

Cozzene wrote:Competition is expected, but I NEVER saw non-hunters CAMPING rare tameables. Killing when you cross paths is one thing, but a pally spending 4+ hours at Terrorpene's location is a different story entirely.
Probably not similar to what you've been seeing but a pally friend of mine camped Terrorpene for several hours for me a few days ago.
Striv
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring//Twisting Nether

Unread post by Striv »

oh btw idk if someone mentioned this but Boub did state that there is no achievement.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

ligewolf wrote:Now with cata live, these daing "non-BM Hunters" and " not even a hunter" losers have been camping like crazy the new rares everywhere i go. ive never have had prob as far as anyone interfering between me and my pet tame. but its gotten ridiculous. i got terrorpene on wednesday, karoma and ghostcrawler on this past sunday barely only 2 hrs appart from each other. but ive seen locks, priests, warrs, just about every class at each of the rare spawn pts. i think that ONLY BM Hunters should be able to see these awesome rares.

I never was a turtle pet hunter till i saw terrorpene, i always thought a shaman shouldn't have "spirit wolves" n now i have my own, didnt think too high for scorpids but Madexx seems quite fierce. i might go after it later on.
Also, if death knights have " army of the dead" wouldnt if be cool if hunters had "army of the pet"? a 15 sec ability that summons 3-5 of ur pets. lol prob something ya might think would be too much . o well. just a thought.

Um, sorry, no. I think people who have a secondary BM spec or want one of the non-exotic rares shouldn't get shut out entirely. Sorry. And it seems like you got lucky, congratulations. But please don't deny others that chance. My only beef is with non-hunters killing these because they get ... a grey item. Whoop.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Jin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar EU

Unread post by Jin »

Maybe this is a strange thought, but when Blizzard asked for feedback back then one of the things many people seemed to ask for was pets with unique looks that would be really hard to get so that once we got em it would feel like a true achievment.
If everyone is trying to kill them that is exactly what we get and at least myself got a really nice feeling of "Ha! I won!" the times I tamed a rare just one second before non-hunters showed up.

Also I think it's a sort of punishment, that paladin or rogue that spend 10 hours camping and then get no achievment and no loot, I'm gonna laugh at them!

Perhaps it doesn't feel like this now, it does suck when someone kill the rare you were camping for and I do feel for all of you guys that got a lot more competition but I think that maybe Blizzard trying to teach people a lesson about kill rare beasts with unusual looks. After some time people will maybe just leave them, knowing they don't drop anything.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've actually been coming across an extraordinary amount of posts on various WoW forums and WoWhead comments about people who have come across one of the tameable rares, killed it because they didn't know any better, and afterwards felt like crap when they read the description on the Tear of Loyalty.

Naturally that sort of thing won't affect everyone, but it is having an affect on some. People are feeling remorse after realizing that they've gained nothing but to take away a potential pet, so that's always nice to hear.
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Vephriel wrote:I've actually been coming across an extraordinary amount of posts on various WoW forums and WoWhead comments about people who have come across one of the tameable rares, killed it because they didn't know any better, and afterwards felt like crap when they read the description on the Tear of Loyalty.

Naturally that sort of thing won't affect everyone, but it is having an affect on some. People are feeling remorse after realizing that they've gained nothing but to take away a potential pet, so that's always nice to hear.

Those people are the nice ones that *usually* wouldn't give us hunters much trouble if we were wanting to tame the rare. The ones who grief hunters are the ones who link the tear in general and go "lololol huntard", demand payment for rare tames, etc etc. But it's very nice to know that there are caring people on WoW < 3

mcflagin
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by mcflagin »

You know.. now that you mention it.. I've noticed, priest, druids and alot of other classes sitting on rare spawn points..

At first I thought I was going mad, I totally feel for all you cata hunters, as I've already got my rare spawns. Oh and in regards to Madxx... serously why did they put him in the middle of the busiest area of Uldum? I see him more dead than I've ever seen him actually alive!
"Its always just as I'm about to pack in a rare spawn that it appears... I should give up allot quicker!"
MeAjur
Realm: Trollbane, US

Unread post by MeAjur »

Honestly, I didn't even know about Aeonaxx... and I'm a mount collector. So I'm at least grateful to MMO for that. The only rare pet I'd like is Terrorpene and I haven't even started working on my hunter post-patch. I have no plans to seriously go after either for a few months. I'd probably even wait a year since that's about when after WotLK's release I finally bothered getting TLPD and had only one other person on and off as competition.

But just to end this on a happy note: When my husband wanted Skoll I waited until he went to work one day and then dual boxed both accounts. I sat his hunter on what I thought was the most likely spawn point (which is where my hunter got her Skoll) and sat my hunter on the other point where I've seen Skoll. I know there's a third point but I had never seen him there. Then I had my hunter pull out her Skoll to make it look like I had just tamed him. I switched between the two windows and mend pet my own Skoll to keep happy. After an hour Skoll appeared at the point my own hunter was at. Hurredly I switched to my husband's hunter and started to fly to Skoll and after a moment of sheer panic when I had him flying in the wrong direction I got his hunter to Skoll and tamed him. I then took a screenshot of both hunters with both Skolls out. Seven hours later when my husband came home he got a pleasant surprise and a mile wide grin on his face when he saw Skoll in the character select screen.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Vephriel wrote:I've actually been coming across an extraordinary amount of posts on various WoW forums and WoWhead comments about people who have come across one of the tameable rares, killed it because they didn't know any better, and afterwards felt like crap when they read the description on the Tear of Loyalty.

I think that it will just hurt rare hunting for a little while. Once more and more people realize that they only drop the tears, things will normalize again for us hunters
Last edited by Royi on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Eeek. I'm only level 82, and just looking at this thread has me put out on any hope of finding rares.
Mostly cause the people of my realm (on both sides) are the general jack-assy people, but w/e. >->

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

mascarecrow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by mascarecrow »

Jelani wrote:*sobs* Just had 3 druids circling Karoma's spawn points. >_< CURSE YOU MMOCHAMPION
Curse on MMO Champs but remember... not all druids circling spawn sites are bad. My main is a druid but the hunter alt in me has me always flying by spawn sites searching. I've even given away Sambas doing that so hope for the best and pray its not all bad :)
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Yeah, I often buzz spawn points for peeps too. Though I'm a hunter so I guess that might still make someone sweat.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Royi wrote:

I think that it will just hurt rare hunting for a little while. Once more and more people realize that they only drop the tears, things will normalize again for us hunters
That's pretty much the idea behind the tears. Are they troll bait? Of course. Would the rares still be troll bait even if they dropped nothing? Yes.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!