Madexx Madness

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

Re: Madexx Madness

Unread post by Phyra »

Well Madexx Madness definitely bit me as well. For the past week and a half, on and off, I had been floating around Uldum. I had my heart set mostly on Red -- maybe Blue.. but red definitely due to the eye color. I'd of not minded Green.. .but Black and Bronze didn't do anything for me.

I had been there when Rhyela got her lovely first Bronze boy, and left a bit before N actually probably tamed hers. I had taken a break, picked up a Time-Lost Proto Drake on my main, and came back to just idle-camp. With my hunter not being my main, I had to get up the main for raiding so camping had been nill.

For this week, I'm working at home remotely on my work laptop - meaning I can have a background computer up. Since servers went down fully for a reset, I decided to hang around a little just for kicks. Maybe he'd spawn at the 6 hour mark and I can call it quits.

Well servers came up around 8:10-ish AM. I honestly cannot remember. Getting close to the 6 hour mark (around 1:50 PM) I started doing a lap to see what was around while I was on the phone with a client. I nearly dropped my phone. My addon went off and it was Madexx. Not any Madexx, but one I wanted!!!

Somehow I finish my call, hang up, wiggle my way around to try and figure out HOW to find him again (he was at that southwestern area that phases). Finally get him to phase in for me. I forget the trap, and I forget to tag. I hit my haste-macro button and just pray I didn't screw up too badly.

That precious yellow ding....

ZOMG

Named her Serqet... and yes my Madexx is female in my eyes :D

Info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serket

(The colors Duke, the colors)
Socks
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US-Eonar

Unread post by Socks »

Grats on the tame Phyra! Beautiful colour indeed, i'm still waiting for my blue to spawn qq

Ghostcrawler's Gifted: 8

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Grats Phyra, glad you got the one you wanted! :) Her eyes are rather lovely......

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

iris wrote:@Rhyela Ha, oh my god, your telling of the story is incredibly epic. I still hope you get the green one soon, though. This is Nes, btw

As for my experience, this is by far the worst camp I've ever pulled off. Even though I have never had a scorpid as a pet, I really wanted this one. And when he did spawn (green), it was in less than 6 hours after he was last tamed. Prior to that, I was up at all hours of the night flying around this monotonous desert.
OMG hi Nes! /waves Glad to see you on here! :D I couldn't get into scorpids either until they releaesed this model, I knew I had to have it.

And I agree, this camp has been the most craptastic one I've endured yet. I'll be glad to put that blasted sand pit behind me for a while. :lol:

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Rhyela wrote:
iris wrote:@Rhyela Ha, oh my god, your telling of the story is incredibly epic. I still hope you get the green one soon, though. This is Nes, btw

As for my experience, this is by far the worst camp I've ever pulled off. Even though I have never had a scorpid as a pet, I really wanted this one. And when he did spawn (green), it was in less than 6 hours after he was last tamed. Prior to that, I was up at all hours of the night flying around this monotonous desert.
OMG hi Nes! /waves Glad to see you on here! :D I couldn't get into scorpids either until they releaesed this model, I knew I had to have it.

And I agree, this camp has been the most craptastic one I've endured yet. I'll be glad to put that blasted sand pit behind me for a while. :lol:
Um... can I borrow that Lucky Charm picture in your signature? Because... even though it seems Madexx's spawn area is dead.. I still haven't seen him in a LONG time...

...even after threatening to murder the scorpions there... Madexx is on hiatus.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Nitey
Realm: Cenarion Circle

Unread post by Nitey »

It's official! I now believe these forums are the lucky charm! I was reading through this thread (thank you for the kind responses btw) and AWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOGA npc goes off and it was my BLUE:D Knocking on wood and wishing on stars for the rest of you to get your colors that you all want! Man I feel like a group hug right now, hehe;)
Ascalaphus
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Ascalaphus »

Nitey wrote:It's official! I now believe these forums are the lucky charm! I was reading through this thread (thank you for the kind responses btw) and AWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOGA npc goes off and it was my BLUE:D Knocking on wood and wishing on stars for the rest of you to get your colors that you all want! Man I feel like a group hug right now, hehe;)
Congratulations! :)

I'm still out here looking for Green, have Black currently. Hopefully she decides to show her face tonight, this is one of the worst camps I've done.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Nitey wrote:It's official! I now believe these forums are the lucky charm! I was reading through this thread (thank you for the kind responses btw) and AWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOGA npc goes off and it was my BLUE:D Knocking on wood and wishing on stars for the rest of you to get your colors that you all want! Man I feel like a group hug right now, hehe;)
Grats Nitey! I'm glad you got the color you wanted! :3

Ascalaphus
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Just gave away Bronze Madexx to a new home at 1:31 AM. Congratulations Hybri. :)

Will come back in 5hrs as I've heard that he has spawned at the 6hr mark.

Hopefully now karma is at work for me and I'll find myself a Green.
Alida Littlewings
Realm: Hakkar

Unread post by Alida Littlewings »

I was hunting Blue Madexx and offering 500g for his safety, I just get out of a random norm, start my round BOOM npc goes off it is the BLUE one and BAM a damn alliance paladin kills him right in front of me.....I was ready to cry literally after two weeks of searching and to have him stolen from me like that :(
Worst cuz I am an ally hunter I could not take vengeance for my lose. Well Back to camping for me.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Gaah.. just had a jackass of a gnome rogue kill a brown Madexx out from under me. He never responded to my tells. He was just running across killing everything in sight. Get the feeling that if I had been mid-tame he would have killed it.

my NPCScan had just gone off, and I circled around to get a look and decide if I wanted to tame, and the rogue dropped in.

Grrr.. If it had been blue or green, I'd be hunting this gnome for a while.. sometimes I wish I was on a PVP server.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Ascalaphus
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Slickrock wrote:Gaah.. just had a jackass of a gnome rogue kill a brown Madexx out from under me. He never responded to my tells. He was just running across killing everything in sight. Get the feeling that if I had been mid-tame he would have killed it.

my NPCScan had just gone off, and I circled around to get a look and decide if I wanted to tame, and the rogue dropped in.

Grrr.. If it had been blue or green, I'd be hunting this gnome for a while.. sometimes I wish I was on a PVP server.
Sorry. :( I had that happen to me with Karoma by a Goblin Warrior named Uncleboris, you best believe I kill him every time I see him.
Darsurion
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Darsurion »

Got my Black today at 4.57 am and am officially finished with Madexx at 5/5. The good thing is the Black in my opinion was worth the wait because I like the two-tone effect

From the initial 7 days with nothing I have had 7 days of spawn and only 2 repeats - Blue and Red

I now have 3 days played at 85 and have never done any dungeons etc...tragic really.

Hope everyone gets what they want for it really is a very dull camp.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_010511_205638.jpg
WoWScrnShot_010511_205638.jpg (224.06 KiB) Viewed 1832 times
Tulune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravenholt

Unread post by Tulune »

I just got him again in red this time, right before the server restart, just like when i got the blue lol.

He really seems to favore early morning spawns, at least on my server. Both tames were pretty much the same time, 8:20ish in the morning both times.
Wut?
Ascalaphus
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Well, server just restarted... No sign of Madexx. :( All I want is Green.. So timer reset that I was going off of.. :\
Ascalaphus
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Going on 12hrs since I last spotted and gave Bronze Madexx to a fellow Hunter.

Still no sign, have been here for since roughly 5:30AM, 12:50PM ATM, Madexx was tamed at 1:31AM
Ascalaphus
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Well, officially 12hrs since his last tame and no sign of him.
Knowlton
Realm: Farstriders

Unread post by Knowlton »

Eleos wrote:Well, officially 12hrs since his last tame and no sign of him.

I wish you all the luck, currently staking him out too, hoping for the Bronze version myself, getting real tired of sand and camels.

And every time I see dead scorpids from people doing the quests, I always expect to see Madexx dead around the next bend, gonna give myself an attack if this keeps up.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Good luck Eleos and Knowlton! It's a headache of a camp. Me personally? This is worse than when I was hunting King Krush. Ugh.....my butt twitches just thinking about that accursed desert. :lol:

Knowlton
Realm: Farstriders

Unread post by Knowlton »

Rhyela wrote:Good luck Eleos and Knowlton! It's a headache of a camp. Me personally? This is worse than when I was hunting King Krush. Ugh.....my butt twitches just thinking about that accursed desert. :lol:

Thanks. I need him to spawn tonight. Have school junk to take care of tomorrow, and it's a 2 hour drive - one way. So no WoW at all for me.